In an attempt to deal with my Elevation-withdrawal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
I watched Rattle and Hum over the weekend. I just love the part when they are sitting on that hill and Edge slides down on his butt!

Anybody else have any favorite parts of the movie????????

Anyone else going through withdrawal???

Yes, I am too. I just remembered something I have been wanting to post. You know that scene in Rattle and Hum where the band goes backstage? When Bono starts going down the stairs, he looks down at his feet, sort of bounces up and then jumps down the stairs, it's SO CUTE!! What's really cute is that he STILL DOES this!! I saw him do it just a few weeks ago on this tour, exactly the same way, and it was so adorable it just makes me want to squeal! Now if he would just bring back his ponytail I'd be in Heaven!

Larry @ Graceland-it's just so absolutely adorable how happy he is to be there-when he gets on Elvis' bike, etc, etc.

Then when he talks about Elvis after that scene. I just love his voice and that accent.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
The "Bad" slo mo crotch shot scene! Definitely!!!!!!!!! *drool*

I saw that spotlight scene reinacted in concert too!
smile.gif

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

I looooooooooove Rattle and Hum! Larry's favourite quotes have come out of that movie, "it's a musical journey", my very own conga, etc....when he's at Elvis' house and he's looking at his grave (I know this is bad but) I can't help but staring at his arse, and then when he talks about Elvis he looks like he's going to cry so I feel like crying too *sniffle* I just feel like hugging him (and doing other bad things tee hee)

Yes I am suffering from elevation withdrawl, I cried like 2 days after whining that I wanted to see Larry again, and i felt depressed. Today has been exactly 1 week since I saw and touched my Larry *sniffle* *snort*
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

Definitely the rant during SBS. I tend to rewind and watch it over about 400 times. The whole of Bad is also quite amusing. I enjoy trying to figure out what it was that made Bono decide to wear suspenders with no shirt. Quite odd
wink.gif
Anyway, my favourite part is when Bono and BB aree walking around stage and talking about how BB is "bad with chords." And then Bono says something like, "There's not much chords in this song, I think there's only two." Muahaha that part is absolutely adorable cause he does this little chuckling thing partway through the sentence. Do I make sense? Does anyone know what I am taking about?
wink.gif

Here are some of my favorite scenes in R&H:

*The scene in the beginning where they are being interviewed and how Adam and Larry are having a hard time trying to not to laugh and goof off.

*Larry getting excited about having his very own conga. I love how he says "Conga"

*Larry and Graceland and his interview afterwards.

*With or Without You...That scene of Bono singing this song and how it starts off always gives me chill bumps and I always end having tears swell up in my eyes.

*Where the Streets have no name, I love the entrance and the crowd. I get chill bumps at this scene also.

I cannot wait to see them on the 30th!!! YAY...I am taking my sister, my brother and sister-in-law. They were so excited when I told them that I have tickets for the concert and that they were going.
smile.gif

Although I am mainly a Bono girl I really like the part where Larry messes up in the studio and then talks to the camera thinking that since he doesn't have a mic on that we can't hear him!! super cute.
I, too, get goosebumps when Bono starts to sing With or With Out YOu. Especially when he does the first "yeah you" *shiver* It's all in blazing color and he is so intese during that song. Note to self: must buy new VCR to watch R & H tonight!

I love the whole "musical journey" sequence where Adam's trying to explain the purpose of the film in an intelligent and articulate manner, all while Larry is silently mocking his hand motions. Oh, Lars, you silly boy, you
wink.gif

I've also always enjoyed the part right before Sunday Bloody Sunday where Adam talks about how U2 reconcile expressing their politics through their music: "Some people say you shouldn't mix art and politics or sport and politics or whatever it is. Well...I think that's basically bullshit." I'd say that pretty much sums it up
icon36.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 11-12-2001).]

I think I've watched the "Streets" part about 1000 times. That is , in my opinion the best version of that song. I wish they still did that big build up, it gives me chills everytime.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
I love the whole "musical journey" sequence where Adam's trying to explain the purpose of the film in an intelligent and articulate manner, all while Larry is silently mocking his hand motions. Oh, Lars, you silly boy, you
wink.gif

I love that part too ... Bono is so adorable trying not to laugh.

I love Bad and Streets and WOWOY.

Bono gets the most adorable look on his face when BB KIng says "Those are some heavy lyrics. Your're might young to be writing lyrics like that." (ok, not a direct quote but he says something like that).

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Back
Top Bottom