In a desperate measure to be like Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...I tried on some leather pants today.
eek.gif

and then nearly laughed myself sick over it!!!
frown.gif
(complete with weird looks from the fitting room warden when I came out, still snickering)

For those of you who don't know what I look like...well, let's just say....I have a looooong way to go before I lose enough poundage, and gain enough *attitude* for some sexxay leather pants!!

Bluey, I AIN'T.
tongue.gif
Blargh.

Misery loves company - anybody else ever go a little over the top when it comes to makeing themselves more like our for favorite "fashion massacres?" (Edge's words, not mine!)

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-19-2001).]

Oh Disco,
Lol...blush. Ummm, thanks?
I have made MANY a questionable fashion choice.
In a play I was in, I wore:
-a mini-dress made only of duct tape and fringe
-fake eyelashes
-white thigh-high go go boots

I even had a fake daggar out of the top of the go go boots and I had to do a huge stage fight scene in that get up....so don't come crying to me about leather pants Missy! LOL.
Oh, yeah...my finest hour.
And I burned all the pics...sorry.
-Bluey

In an effort to be like Bono I find myself wearing my sunglasses all the time. I wear them inside shopping malls, and coffee shops. They aren't real Bono shades, but sort of a female version.

I also bought a pair of black pants with a cargo pocket because they reminded me of a pair that I saw him wear once. At least they were cool pants.

I am forever on a search for a pair of Bono-ish boots. Wish that I could afford Prada....

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Misery loves company

disco

Hey you're quoting Marlowe's Faust, and you didn't give him credit, it's called plagiarizing young lady.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by mbi16:
Hey you're quoting Marlowe's Faust, and you didn't give him credit, it's called plagiarizing young lady.

Talk about irony...I just got back from my early brit lit final and Marlowe's Dr. Faustus was on the exam...thank god that crap is over!

------------------
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

my mom and i were shopping for dress pants for me to wear on christmas. we came across a rack of leather pants and she jokingly sugguested i buy these. she didn't understand why i didn't laugh...

*tugs her sleeve protectively and goes back to dreaming of bono*

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

We need a fat smiley...all those skinny little icons have got to go...well...Bono looks kind of fat so I'll use that one...
smile.gif

Ah yes Diso...I too have a little bit of Junk in the Trunk...I tried on a pair of Vinyl pants the other day...shiiiiiiiney...OH!...so sorry, got distracted...anyway, I started laughing really hard and the people in the torture chambers(fitting rooms) around me started laughing too! One gilr yelled from her cell "Who are we trying to kid anyway..." I about died...

Fishy <><

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

[Banybody else ever go a little over the top when it comes to makeing themselves more like our for favorite "fashion massacres?" (Edge's words, not mine!)

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-19-2001).][/B]

i have bought some Adamesque clothing (more feminie looking though), I own blue cammo tops, blue hats and some odd frames for glasses ( i don't even need glasses, i just think it looks cool!), but most of my wardrobe consists of black clothing (my Bono side coming thru!)...i don't think i could pull off wearing leather pants, though i may do it sometime for fun! who knows!
smile.gif

------------------
"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude" -ADAM

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

U2 Photo Album

Erm ...I had to dress up for a hiliday work party (starts at noon and goes on into teh evening). Anywhoo, I am wearing a velvet skirt and jacket with a violet shirt. I decided that If You Wear that Velvet Dress is my theme song today.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

You know what I want to do? I want to find a ratty leather jacket that I won't feel bad about screwing up further and sew a red star on it and put staples in it and those sorts of things to make it look like the one Bono wears. But I'd look completely stupid wearing it. Oh well.
smile.gif
How about those shiny silver pants Edge wore Zoo-tv era? I saw them in a store. Could paint on the Zooropa boy...

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Awwww Disco *hugs* Girlie I bet you'd look drop dead gorgeous in a pair of Leather pants. I swear you're very pretty and the guys would be chasing after you
smile.gif

I have a pair of leather pants but they fit me too big now
frown.gif
I have to buy new ones, sometime lol

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

All this talk about leather is too much fer me. NOW I'm STARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*strokes camo hat*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Hey watch it Marina, or I'll take you out back for a little um..."Christmas cheer," yeah...that's that it is...
wink.gif

Mullen-Girl, awwww...((((HUGS)))) you're so sweet! But uh...believe me, I'm not made for leather britches - ya gotta be either A) skinny as Larry's drumsticks; or B) tall as what those Irish lads wish they could be!
smile.gif

OMG - I'm watching 'Extra' right now, and speaking of fashions, they're interviewing the woman (Dana Pink) who has "...dressed U2"!!!
eek.gif
The five top things you need in your wardrobe now?

• 1. a big low belt with grommets on it
    1. a flowy romantic blouse
    2. pointy boots! (rats! I just bought a big ol' pair of clodhoppers!)
    3. a pair of well-worn jeans
    4. a lace blouse or skirt

No leather! I GOTTA GO SHOPPING!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mbi16:

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-20-2001).]

Bwahahaha...I found her, she's a "wardrobe stylist" in California:

Dana Pink
15030 Ventura Blvd. #338
Sherman Oaks, Ca. 91403
(818) 783-7900

Let's call her for some tips!!! (and ask her what she dressed the boys in!!!)

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

In the Live in Boston DVD Bono has on a black v-neck with a white star on the shoulder. I want this t-shirt so bad!! Does anyone know where I could get one??? I know that I could just make one, but I am "Creativily inept".

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 12-20-2001).]

Originally posted by elizabeth:
don't hold yer breath. i've been begging people to tell me where to get Adam's pants and no one will share.

it's like they all have this secret stash of pants and they are greedily keeping them to themselves!!

*folds arms and flops into chair in a huff.*

*blows a kiss to adam wallpaper*

*returns to glaring at PLEBA*

Why don't you try that lady that dressed the boys?? Perhaps she dressed Adam in those pants, and can help you find a pair. I think that I may contact her myself for the Bono t-shirt!!!

I've got a couple of velvet dresses.

I saw a shirt just like the one Bono wore in the "Mysterious Ways" video...I was tempted to buy it...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

elizabeth, just for you, I will use my womanly wiles and connections to find out where you might get summa those Sparkypants...

we can't have you going around in a huff now, can we???
wink.gif
Stay tuned....

Originally posted by elizabeth:
don't hold yer breath. i've been begging people to tell me where to get Adam's pants and no one will share.

*folds arms and flops into chair in a huff.*
*blows a kiss to adam wallpaper*
*returns to glaring at PLEBA*

Oh yes, for you Sparky fans...a little something to make your fantasies run even wilder--from another group:

"Adam smells like extra mild silk cuts...the cigarettes he smokes
wink.gif
when I
got my picture taken with him...he was also wearing a suede coat...so he smelled a bit like suede too. mmmmmm adam...let us drool together!!!"
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
(I'm such a tease!) Wow...such a great manly scent, tobacco and leather...it's enough to turn me into a Sparky fan as well!
biggrin.gif

Uhhh, note to self:
Only rock stars can wear leather pants.*

*Of course, only Bono can pull them off (figuratively girls).

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I will buy anything that reminds me of U2....

I got a gazillion shirts' w/ numbers on 'em.... Denim everything for Larry (just got a new jean jacket last week).... I had Adam shades til I sat on em & they broke (feck).... I would wear the leather pants, but let's just say my booty's a J-Lo wannabe...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

I WANT LEATHER PANTS

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"Aren't you afraid someone will eat your foot???" ~ScottPhisto~

I had an Edge numbered sweatshirt that I be-dazzled and wore to a show and I could have sworn he noticed it when he smiled at me.
smile.gif

But ditto on the leather pants-and I saw a gorgeous pair the other day.

*really should get off this chair and go work out* But PLEBA is so much more fun.

*thinks of trying on those pants and has utter disgust for herself*

frown.gif

*wants to design a way to lose weight while on PLEBA*

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
*really should get off this chair and go work out* But PLEBA is so much more fun.

*wants to design a way to lose weight while on PLEBA*
One of my most fav threads EVER: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/000874.html Remember this?

P.S. There's always rugby or soccer.....
332684%3A%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi

332%3B%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376448%3C97nu0mrj

Of course....it's a sad reality that no one can look this good:
332%3B%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376445%3B23nu0mrj

332%3B%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376445%3B25nu0mrj

Still....you'll be wearing them leather pants in no time. (and...Big girls are best...o yeah yeah yeah)

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-20-2001).]

Yeah-Big Girls Are The Best.

But I'm really not THAT big-just out of shape at the moment, thanks to my laziness.

*Thank God I'm tall*

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

BIG GIRLS ARE BEST!
I ain't no stick, honey, and I wear leather ALL the time.

Let's count Bluey's pairs of leather pants, shall we?

-Black pair
-Black really shiney pair
-red pair
-brown pair
-navy blue pair
and just for bravery's sake...
-one pair gold lame pants.

If you have no ass, you can't pull off leather...
biggrin.gif

-Bluey (I can't believe I'm posting this lol)

If DEFILING is a sport (and here in Pleba, it certainly IS), well then, this picture should make me lose about 50 pounds o fmy "baby got back" cos Bono's smilin, and I'm defilin!!!! Woo, elevated leather!!!
eek.gif

*Disco bows in homage to Her Leatherness, BluePhisto*

You ROCK, Bluey--er, don't you?? I mean, you have all the gear for it, obviously!
biggrin.gif
Wow...I'm still working on ONE measly pair, sheesh. Maybe I should go back and get them, and work my way into them??? Yeah, that'll work...

Originally posted by WildHonee:

332%3B%3A%3C4%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E996%3E636%3EWSNRCG%3D3232376445%3B25nu0mrj

(and...Big girls are best...o yeah yeah yeah)

Yep, BIG GIRLS ARE BEST!!! Even Bono says so!!! *BIG smooch for Bono*

biggrin.gif
LMAO I loveth thee, Disco
biggrin.gif

------------------

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

okay, now you all have convince me to go to the GAP this weekend and try on a pair of Leather pants. I do own a pair of flyish looking sunglasses, they are my favorite
smile.gif

elizabeth, just for you, I will use my womanly wiles and connections to find out where you might get summa those Sparkypants...we can't have you going around in a huff now, can we???
wink.gif
Stay tuned....

****smothers screen in kisses*******

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 12-20-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom