In a desperate measure to be like Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are SO BAD!
I can't believe I'm actually thinking..." You know, I think I need more leather pants now...maybe some more black ones."
My bf is always teasing me about how many pairs of leather pants I own.
smile.gif

That's it, I need more leather baby!
-Bluey

uhhh....i did something that fits into this thread. i'm glad the thread is this long so it's kinda buried in here. i'm a little shy about this. i'm not ashamed, i'm just...well, shy.

(everyone who knows me: SCHYEAH!)
(me: really...)

i rec'd a bass guitar for christmas.
whaddya think about that!
and my sig other is shaving his goattee...to look like edge's pop moo-stache...
and i was thinking of something else...let me know what y'all think about this last one...

...a tattoo....

Originally posted by elizabeth:

and i was thinking of something else...let me know what y'all think about this last one...

...a tattoo....

what a cool gift elizabeth!
smile.gif
about the tatoo...what design do you have in mind?!?

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

U2 Photo Album

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Talk about irony...I just got back from my early brit lit final and Marlowe's Dr. Faustus was on the exam...thank god that crap is over!

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to remind you of school, I'm sure you're as glad it's over as I am.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I just bought a pair of Edge-ey bedazzled jeans. Now all I need to be exactly like the Edge is a numbered shirt and a black beanie. And, you know, the gift of musical genius...and a sex change operation...nevermind...

Actually, the search for the bedazzled pants was a bit of an ordeal. I saw a pair at one store, but they didn't have my size (i.e. my fat ass didn't fit into the size 0 they had left). So a couple days later, my mom and I went to another of the same store but, again, they didn't have my size. But this time I made some poor clerk do a computer check to see if they had them at any other store in the area and then made my mom drive me to a store another half hour away, all for the instant gratification of having my beloved bedazzled jeans in my possession. Ah, the things we do to be vaguely like U2
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 12-20-2001).]

...a tattoo....

Well, you seem uncomfortable with the idea.
smile.gif
But I want one! I've been thinking about it for a long while but figured I had to be a U2 fan for at least a year first. Now it's been a year... now I need parental permission.
tongue.gif
Someday I'll get a tattoo. A heart suitcase on the shoulder I think. What did you have in mind?

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

OK, here goes......

This Halloween, I thought it would be oh so fun to dress as Bono. Hah. No leather pants, but you can't hardly see them anyway. And these were as close as I could get to the shades (within a reasonable price.....can't be spending $70 on Bono shades..... :: wishes madly:: )

Eesh, shut up and post the pic.

bonohween.JPG

And my hair is wrong (obviously). But I didn't want to be all icky vague-black for months so oh well.

izzy (who will never wear those pants after September again....brrrrrr)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)

[This message has been edited by izzybeth (edited 12-20-2001).]

Originally posted by izzybeth:
OK, here goes......

This Halloween, I thought it would be oh so fun to dress as Bono. Hah. No leather pants, but you can't hardly see them anyway. And these were as close as I could get to the shades (within a reasonable price.....can't be spending $70 on Bono shades..... :: wishes madly:: )

Eesh, shut up and post the pic.

bonohween.jpg

And my hair is wrong (obviously). But I didn't want to be all icky vague-black for months so oh well.

izzy (who will never wear those pants after September again....brrrrrr)

the picture did not show up...try it again.

Do you think that Bono likes woman in leather as much as he seems to like it for himself??? I want to wear Leather pants to the next U2 conert, but I can't find a pair that I like

*On constant search for the perfect pair of Bono leather pants*

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

I have a pair of Fly pants that i wear to concerts... but i was too scared to wear them to u2... i didn't think that they'd go over real well, that i wouldn't "fit in"... obviously i wasn't thinking, cuz DUH THEY'RE FLY PANTS! BLACK AND SHINY VINYL! lol so next time, i'm going all out and dressing as the fly.

and on a slightly related note, i spent 20 min at borders today staring at fly pics in some u2 book LOL. i had to try really hard not to jump up and down and laff and grin in the middle of the store haha.

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

i'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time, for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you...
"The Fly has to be the Fly!"

GO LIZZY! GO LIZZY!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Woo hoo! Bass guitar! Boyfriend goatee! Bitching U-tat-2!!! Sounds like it'll be one heckuva Christmas for you...so what's your tatt gonna look like? The heart suitcase? One of the Elevation graphics? A bass guitar? the word "Sparky"??? Nekkid Adam? Inquiring minds want to know....
wink.gif

and i was thinking of something else....a tattoo....

Speaking of U2 apparel, has anyone here ever walked into a clothing store or some teenage fashion place and seen cowboy hats and thought "Edge hats!" and then slowly realized that they were Madonna hats, not Edge hats?

On a related note, Madonna was on the Today show yesterday I think and there was video of her on stage in Be-Dazzled pants. I thought "Edge pants!" and then, talking over the video, she said she likes to be Edgey! So I think Madonna's an Edge fan.

------------------

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

I dont think leather looks good one me **shame**
Plus I have an ass, so the leather pants wouldnt really work! Ah well
smile.gif

BUT I do have 3 numbered Edge like shirts!
And I have a blue army pattern sleevless shirt, with a star on the chest (if that is u2ey enough).

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
nope, i tried it again, and no luck...
frown.gif

Hm. Maybe it's a good thing that no one can see me...... :p

OK. I'll try again.

bonohween.JPG

And if this doesn't work, well *sneef.* Or possibly click 'view image' (it worked for a friend of mine).

izzy (buggrit, I'm going to bed)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)

Wearing a U2 tshirt is as close as I get to "U2-themed dressing".
biggrin.gif
And come to think of it, I'm wearing my Elevation jersey today. Ta!

-sula

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
In the Live in Boston DVD Bono has on a black v-neck with a white star on the shoulder. I want this t-shirt so bad!! Does anyone know where I could get one??? I know that I could just make one, but I am "Creativily inept".

don't hold yer breath. i've been begging people to tell me where to get Adam's pants and no one will share.

it's like they all have this secret stash of pants and they are greedily keeping them to themselves!!

*folds arms and flops into chair in a huff.*

*blows a kiss to adam wallpaper*

*returns to glaring at PLEBA*

nope, you can't post pic links from Geoshitties...just do a right click on the red X, copy the address in Properties and paste it into your browser, it'll then take you there...

Hey, OTE, that's cool about Madonna...I have the same feeling about Lenny Kravitz. I saw him on Letterman tonight (wearing a WEIRD huge rug-like thing, WTF???) so then I had a hankerin' to listen to some Lenny. So dug out my copy of his "5" CD, and hey...Lenny looks VERY Bono/Fly on this one! There's a pic of him inside a limo, with a snazzy suit on (he wears leather a lot too), wearing a neck chain, huge Fly shades, and with one of those little brown ciggies in his mouth! Oh yeah, and he's got one of those big-ass rock star pinky rings too....

I think Lenny's a closet U2 fan....
wink.gif

Originally posted by izzybeth:
bonohween.JPG

And if this doesn't work, well *sneef.* Or possibly click 'view image' (it worked for a friend of mine).

Originally posted by Discoteque:
GO LIZZY! GO LIZZY!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Woo hoo! Bass guitar! Boyfriend goatee! Bitching U-tat-2!!! Sounds like it'll be one heckuva Christmas for you...so what's your tatt gonna look like? The heart suitcase? One of the Elevation graphics? A bass guitar? the word "Sparky"??? Nekkid Adam? Inquiring minds want to know....
wink.gif

i was thinking of something simple...like the heart/suitcase...but adam is my absolute FAV and i wanted something that reminded me of him (to my sig other's consternation) so i was considering getting the word "poptart" in the font from his shirt somewhere discreet....then, out of the blue, my sig other suggests just the word POP with the world-thingie as the O, just like in their logo thing.
(it's early and the word "thing" is being used way too much.)
i love POP....quite possible my fav album...so many hated it, but it is so DAMN good!
already, following along with tab I can do WOWY (easy) and the main riff for "If God Would Send his Angels"...I'm so psyched!

Ah, a kindred spirit! Pop is definitely my favorite album as well, yay! (how do you feel about Passengers?)

Your BF's tat suggestion rocks, what a cute idea!

awesome about the bass playing as well...do you know about Exit, the all-girl U2 tribute band out in LA? They have a huge following, and even U2 knows about them - Courtney, the guitar player, was oneof the lucky ones to get pulled up on stage at LA2, and played with the boys!!! And Affa is the bass player, she is probablye ven more of a Sparky fan than you...yes, i know, hard to believe. Here's their website, if you're interested in checking them out: http://www.geocities.com/andisono/exit.html

I really have a hankerin to learn guitar and piano myself...maybe some year....would love to be able to play "so cruel" or "October" on the piano....sigh...

my sig other suggests just the word POP with the world-thingie as the O, just like in their logo thing.

i love POP....quite possible my fav album...

already, following along with tab I can do WOWY (easy) and the main riff for "If God Would Send his Angels"...I'm so psyched!

ona136876p1.jpg
Bono-esque!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

"Aren't you afraid someone will eat your foot???" ~ScottPhisto~

I'm so glad we're on the subject of tattoos! I am going to get one as soon as I can raise the money...college doesn't leave me much room for things like this...I've been wanting a tattoo ever since my mom got her first one...and now I know what I want...

Tell me which idea you like better:

1) Peace sign with elevation suitcase underneath it

2) Elevation suitcase with peace sign instead of the heart (or maybe inside the heart, though that would make it kinda small)

opinions wanted, I plan to do this with the money I have left over after I buy books this semester! I'm so excited!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
I'm so glad we're on the subject of tattoos! I am going to get one as soon as I can raise the money...college doesn't leave me much room for things like this...I've been wanting a tattoo ever since my mom got her first one...and now I know what I want...

Tell me which idea you like better:

1) Peace sign with elevation suitcase underneath it

2) Elevation suitcase with peace sign instead of the heart (or maybe inside the heart, though that would make it kinda small)

opinions wanted, I plan to do this with the money I have left over after I buy books this semester! I'm so excited!

I like number 1. Because I think the heart should stay. Maybe a peace sign shaped as a heart?

------------------
- Laura
-----------------
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.
(Joan Baez)
--------------------------

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness..... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Back
Top Bottom