I'm watching the DVD right now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
All I can say for now is-HOT HOT HOT close ups!
eek.gif

Since I was at this show, it brings back so many great memories.

Right now, I'm just watching the concert part-but it does say there are other 'behind the scenes' features-alternative angles, etc.

And some DVD-rom screensavers, time lapse of setting up the heart, additional tracks from Miami and Dublin.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww *cries* I don't have a DVD player...I'm going to buy it anyway to see if I can watch it on my cousin's DVD player or something...I must see it
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

I'm asking for it for Christmas since I'm financially screwed as usual! Tell us how all the extras on the dvd are?? Are they any good?? Buy it MG buy it!!! My boss actually offered to tape the VH1 thing for me even though I don't have a VCR (I know that's weird and backwards lol). I'm the resident U2 freak in my department and everyone knows it! lol

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I don't have a DVD player either but i picked up the DVD this morning anway (and got the last copy I might add
wink.gif
). My roommate will be getting one next week and until then I can only imagine how awesome it will be
smile.gif
I was at that show as well so I can't wait to see it
smile.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Originally posted by U2morrow:
I don't have a DVD player either but i picked up the DVD this morning anway (and got the last copy I might add
wink.gif
). My roommate will be getting one next week and until then I can only imagine how awesome it will be
smile.gif
I was at that show as well so I can't wait to see it
smile.gif

I too picked up the last copy at the Best Buy across the street from my office.
wink.gif
I am looking at the booklet right now that came with the DVD. ..Pretty cool shots of the boys at the concet. I like the pic. with Bono laying on top of the screen during Mysterious Ways!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Right now I'm watching the 'road movie' part where they show setting up the stage in fast motion-funny!
smile.gif

I wonder how long it really takes to do it.

I see that that the total time of dvd set is 6hrs? Wow, that is a lot of time to enjoy U2. That is cool. So are you impressed by the DVD?

The 'Stuck' additional track is SO CUTE!

They're checking out negatives from photo sessions-and, um, Larry *WOW!!!*

And Edge's eyes-good Lord....

Damnit...I am stuck at work and missing all of this hotness...I see a fun night ahead for me...thanks for the inside scoop!
smile.gif

I'm at work too, but I have my Mom going to Best Buy on her lunch, and then I am going to target on my way home to get a DVD player. Gina Marie is any DVD player acceptable, even the cheap ones? Can I still use the Bono cam???
Let me know!
Can't wait til Elevation in my living room tonite! Hopefully it'll cheer me up!
I am in such a bad depression, tonite's Sacramento only 2 hours away from home, and I can't go
frown.gif

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Gina Marie is any DVD player acceptable, even the cheap ones? Can I still use the Bono cam???

Well, I have a pretty 'cheap' one-it's a Toshiba that I got for less than $200.00 last Christmas, and I am very happy with it.Haven't seen Bono-cam yet-must go do that now!

I always said I didn't need a DVD player, but...

**HG makes shopping list.
#1--Buy Elevation DVD
#2--Buy DVD player**

Will I still be able to buy the DVD in a few weeks? My birthday, anniversary, and Christmas are all coming up and I hate to go out and buy something that someone may have already bought for me (if that makes any sense)...

That makes total sense HG...although I'd say I'm in a similar situation....and it's driving me crazy already !!
I stupidily asked for a DVD player for Christmas from my Mom, knowing that the U2 thing was coming out Dec 4th or so....well I did'nt take into consideration the trouble I was going to have WAITING.....
eek.gif

I feel like a little kid
biggrin.gif

Can I hold out until then !?!?
at least I get a little tease of it on VH1 Friday.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
I believe the most enlightened lyric I heard on the radio this winter also came from U2,one I would wish upon anyone who wrestles with various funks,depression and blues-to-be "you're on the road but you've got no destination/you're in the mud,in the maze of her imagination/you love this town/even if it dose'nt ring true/you've been all over and it's been all over you/It's a Beautiful day/Don't let it get away..."

I do not believe in nitpicking when it comes to the matters of the heart,which is what the U2 stage is shaped like on the tour.I believe that people who pay almost $100 to stand in a basketball arena with 20,000 other flawed,uninspired souls who have been yearning to sing along to a verse such as "What you don't have you don't need it now/What you don't know you can feel it somehow" are getting a bargain........

Jim Walsh
Pop Music critic
April 27 2001

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
BTW....Bono cam....we need details !!!!

I think we need an "Elevation Cam" so that the PLEBA girls can ... well, keep up strictly scientific examination of the phenomenon of Bono's elevation.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

No fair I don't have a DVD either, people tell me to tape it on VH-1. Gina did you get the free limited edition CD, any news on it?

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Gina - you're in/around boston right? where did you get your DVD? I went to two and they were both sold out...
frown.gif
I'll get it eventually, but it was still frustrating!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Gina - you're in/around boston right? where did you get your DVD? I went to two and they were both sold out...

A friend got it for me at the Best Buy in Nashua, NH-she said they only had about 15 copies left at 10 am. Hope you can find one-sounds like they didn't have that many copies in stock to begin with-either that or they're holding them back until Friday.

And I didn't get the 'free CD' either-I guess that's just Fri. too-when they open at 7 am or something
rolleyes.gif

And I didn't get the 'free CD' either-I guess that's just Fri. too-when they open at 7 am or something
rolleyes.gif

I did not get the free cd either. I am going to go back early Friday morning and try to get one.

The Best Buy I went to in the Dallas had a stack of the free CD's next to the DVD's. I grabbed one and took it to the checkout with me. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have grabbed extras for some people.

Anyway, it has three live tracks from Boston, Beautiful Day, Gone, and I Will Follow.

Originally posted by lylas:
The Best Buy I went to in the Dallas had a stack of the free CD's next to the DVD's. I grabbed one and took it to the checkout with me. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have grabbed extras for some people.

Anyway, it has three live tracks from Boston, Beautiful Day, Gone, and I Will Follow.

are those the only tracks on the CD? It looks like other Best Buy stores had these cd's out today as well, but they were in the music dvd area not where the new U2 DVD was located. I am going back to the store tonight to see if I can pick one up...

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-20-2001).]

OMG my Mom got it for me today while I was at school..... but she likes U2 a lot too and wants to watch it and she says I can't watch it until she watches it (which will probably be in a week). And she said she'd know if it was opened & she'd get pissed off at me if I did....

Oh, well cause I already opened it & am watching it right now!

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

well, either the Best Buy I went to sucks, or the one that you all got your cd is ahead of schedule. I went back to find out if they were giving the free cd away and one employee told me that they were not even selling the DVD. I told that he was wrong, because I bought mine earlier today from this store and I just saw 6 copies on the shelf. I asked him if he could inquire with someone else about the free cd because I did not trust his response...anyway another employee told me that the free cd is not going to be available until the 24th? WTF? I told him that other stores were already given them out, he told me that they were not to give them out until the 24th because that is when it would be printed in the ad...anyway, if anyone has heard the same response, please let me know...

ARGH!!!! I don't have a car and the nearest Best Buy is sooo far away I don't know when I'll be getting it.

It also doesn't help that I'm suffering from major elevation withdrawal, after spending hours and hours in line for 4 shows meeting great people and having a blast at the concerts I'm sooo uncoordinated sitting at home trying to do HW. My vision is blurred, my head is in the clouds, and I'm still mentally and physically drained while the Influx mix keeps replaying in my head.

Back
Top Bottom