I'm Very Depressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I have been having a depressing time ever since yesterday's presale, and it's all going pear shaped (like my body) from there.

First, I know it's kind of silly, but I was a bit saddened that Canada, one of the first countries to offer 100% support and aid to the US, didn't even rate the smallest mention in Bush's speech.

Then today I tried for Hamilton by phone and online and got NOWHERE, even though my friend from England got a GA ticket online! I am not holding out high hopes about Montreal now.

My Propaganda form is still not here!

And now to put the lid on things, I find that I don't have enough air miles to put towards my Vegas flight, which is going to cost me a lot. I can either take an expensive direct flight, or a cheaper flight that changes cities at odd hours - either option is depressing.

And I have tonnes of work sitting on my desk. And chores to do on the weekend.
frown.gif

Just feeling very blue today. I need for this Edge club to get going, that might help.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Awww Jess! I'm so sorry!

I just found out that I can't make it either. I was fooled, it's a long story, but the point is that I ran out of time. B-i-atch!
mad.gif

Here's your babe to make u feel just a tiny wee better
smile.gif

jH70802.jpg

(((((((((((Jess))))))))))))

Join the freaking club...
I don't know what I am more..pissed or depressed...
Me too...no propaganda emails...no propaganda forms....
Actually to be quite honest...I feel like puking at this very momemt..
frown.gif

I've tried Montreal..too many users
I've tried Hamilton...yah whatever...it went from "Tickets are no longer available for this event" to pulling everybody's wank all over again...all of a sudden the Ticket form was back up...F***!!!!
And now with Chicago....being a Canadian...what are my chances of getting a ticket there??? All I'm getting anyway is Too many users...grrrrrr
And as for the Bush speech...I didn't see the whole thing...I guess he's assuming that when he says the "U.S." that Canada is also implied, kinda lumped together I guess...
frown.gif

I hope things get better for the both of us..
Hugs and muchas smoochas...
Rani

Edgie says Hi...

4959758-0c86-01550200-.jpg

Not much but hope it helps a little.
smile.gif
Don't worry, you?ll get tix one way or the other. I'm here on the other side of the pond and are not going at all.
frown.gif

And looki, fr the first time ever, I think, I used the Edge-smiley for my post...
smile.gif

Hugs
Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Mrs. Edge, I'm sorry that things are not going your way. But keep trying for tickets- post ANYWHERE you can that you're looking for GAs, and hopefully someone will have an extra. And today is FRIDAY, so you won't have to worry about your work for the next couple of days. And U2 is going to be on TV tonight- yay!

Also, don't worry about Bush's speech. We here in America view you Canadians as our brothers and sisters, and we thank you for all of your support.
smile.gif

I've forwarded u a letter. I got this from a girl, she's from Montr?al. Contact her, because I think she's gonna have spare tix, since she's trying to get one for me! And since I will not be able to make it...
smile.gif

Good luck!

Mrs. Edge,

Since my President didn't say it, I will. THANK YOU! As an American, I can say that the outpouring of grief, love, shock, horror and support from you all truely helped. I suspect he didn't mention it cause we all know ya'll are already on our side-- for what that may be worth.
smile.gif
THANK YOU!

(Wishing I had an Edge pic for ya),

Cheryl

PS Got my form yesterday, so hang in there...it's on its way, I'm sure

Hey Ally!!
What's this about U2 being on tv tonight?
Suddenly I don't feel nauseous any more!!
Will someone clue me into this about U2 being on tv?!!!
I'm panting over here!!
Love Rani

Cheer up Mrs Edge!
I'm sure you'll get the tickets you want somehow... I'm a little nervous myself about getting GA's for Philly tomorrow....I'm a big believer in for every bad thing that happens to us a good thing happens to us right after it... So, try not to be too upset!

As for Mr. Bush not mentioning you lovely Canadians last night, I am sorry... I just want you to know that CANADA ROCKS!!!!!
I'm sure our Edgey feels the same way!!!!

Shygirl

Originally posted by mmmBono:
Hey Ally!!
What's this about U2 being on tv tonight?
Suddenly I don't feel nauseous any more!!
Will someone clue me into this about U2 being on tv?!!!
I'm panting over here!!
Love Rani

They will be on for the Tribute to America thing to raise money for the victims of terror. I guess that?s what she means.
It will even be broadcast here in Sweden but on a paychannel I don't have... of course...
Who puts their vote on them playing Peace on Earth?
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

awww, Jess!
frown.gif
<<<hugs>>> I know how ya feel, girlfriend. These past two very stressful weeks have left me feeling VERY out of sorts, somewhat depressed, my emotions are right on the surface, lots of little things have been setting me off...

And yesterday not getting thru to get tickets, while OTHERS, who have seen the guys gazillions of times, and have had their day in the sun (or on stage), maybe they should have let some of us have a go.
frown.gif
I know I'm just being picky and bitchy, but that's how I feel.
mad.gif

I will keep trying every avenue to get tickets (of course I haven't received my Prop form yet either), but if it doesn't happen, then I guess I will just have to take that as a "sign" that it was not meant to be...but I just...I just REALLY want to go because...who knows? It may be the last time U2 ever tours (crap, I'm getting teary just thinking about it).

Keep the faith girls...and fellow Edgelings, there's an Edge group out on Yahoo, called "U2-TheEdge": http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2-TheEdge

There's already a few of us Pleba's on that one...
smile.gif

Disco...depressed

Well crap. When Mrs. Edge is sad, you know that there's gotta be something seriously wrong w/ this world. Cheer up!!! It'll be alright! Just keep trying for those tickets, and something is bound to work out. And like the others said, regardless of Bush's speech, the U.S. totally knows how much Canada has been supporting us. You rock! And do you want me to start up the Orgasmatron club thread? I've been waiting for someone else to do it! But anyway, someone wants to say hi:
edge95012.jpg

"Hi Jess! Feel better!"

------------------
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such cartoons as "Christmas Ape" and "Christmas Ape Goes to Summer Camp."

Originally posted by Ally:
Mrs. Edge, I'm sorry that things are not going your way. But keep trying for tickets- post ANYWHERE you can that you're looking for GAs, and hopefully someone will have an extra. And today is FRIDAY, so you won't have to worry about your work for the next couple of days. And U2 is going to be on TV tonight- yay!

Also, don't worry about Bush's speech. We here in America view you Canadians as our brothers and sisters, and we thank you for all of your support.
smile.gif

(((((Jess)))))

What she said, cheer up girl!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Hey
well maybe this isn't the exact same thing but I'm still feeling the effects of 9-11. I've barely done any hw since then cause I can't concentrate on much of anything, and I have so much to catch up on this weekend.

It's 3 things for me (lol I'm at the PLEBA venting station)
1. anger that thousands of ppl died and even more affected by the attacks

2. fear of war and whatever else might happen in the near future to American and to possible casualties and their families / friends. Gets you thinking a lot about death which is not good. (the thinking, I mean)

3. Everyone keeps stressing the importance of letting the ppl you care about KNOW that you care about them. And there's this one person that I used to be really close to and don't see anymore. I COULD. I definitely could. But it's a matter of knowing his position on what happened bt us 2 yrs. ago (not like a boyfriend or anything, just a guy friend).

And I know ppl who are friends of his but don't know how to get to him or what I would say / do if I did. (this is really complicated) Basically there's a lot of guilt involved in how the friendship ended and it just gets you thinking.

I thought I was right at the time. But I still miss this ONE person who meant the world to me and has continued to be really important. I still base actions on what he'd approve of bc he truly made me a better person, more considerate of myself and others. Hey I wasn't always this happy-go-lucky. Lol I never thought I'd say happy-go-lucky.

But I mean if he wasn't an important person to me then I wouldn't care what he thinks / thought of me. But his opinion has meant more to me than anyone's.

The point is is nobody ever meant any more to me and he never meant any less. So...Blah I don't know where that leaves me.

Anyway if anyone'es still reading this (PLEBA girls:zzzz...), the point is if you have unfinished business with someone you don't see anymore, and you still care about them, then make an effort to do something about it. I'm still trying to figure this out, but maybe you guys know what to do in a situation like this.

*whew*

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Awwww Mrs Edge!
((((((((((((((((((((((((JESS)))))))))))))))))
Be happy girly!
, Bluey

------------------
Blueeyes, Chair-Lemon of L.E.A.T.H.E.R.
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

Aaawww, you guys are the BEST!!! xoxoxoxo
smile.gif

THANK YOU!!!

You know what? My stupid computer at work STILL won't get into the admissions.com site, so I had a technical handicap on top of everything else!! Needless to say, no Montreal tix yet. Thanks Cat, if I need to contact your friend I definitely will!!! I can't believe you an MissZooropa aren't coming after all. That sucks!!

As for the rest of us poor souls, we will just have to hope for prop and late releases.

Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I am going to officially open Orgasmatron.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom