I'm so lonely!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found out today that my dad almost had to go to Vietnam...he lucked out by like 20 numbers in the draft lottery...he said if his number came up, he was going to join the Marines.

Damn...I had never even realized that Dad almost had to go to Vietnam. I wonder how life would be different if he had gone...maybe I wouldn't even be here...

But those are rather deep thoughts.

To lighten the mood, I was also thinking about wrapping some American cheese slices around chocolate chip cookies. :drool:

It's quite tasty! It has the three C's: Cheese, Cookies, Chocolate! It's a win-win-win situation!

My dad was in the Marine Corps in Vietnam...

Reason #1376 you can tell my dad was a Marine:
*winter*
me: geez dad, it's cold in here! Do we still have heat?
him: do some pushups! that'll warm you up!
me: uhhhh...no.
him: c'mon! *does pushups for fun cause he's a dork*
me: meh *joins him 'cause dorkiness is hereditary*

...I've had We Won't Get Fooled Again stuck in my head for the past day and a half...

...it's nearing the end of July, and I'm still tanless...

I think that's all my randomocity (lets just pretend that's a word :D) for now

history3.jpeg

*points* Is that it?

random!

My dad worked in the national security adm. during the vietnam war. He learned polish and was a spy. My dads cool! hehe. I am glad he wasn't assigned to learn vietnamese because the guys that got it had to go to vietnam. My dad stayed in Monterey, California and translated polish to english. :) A cd single I got from the UK won't play, it skips. I don't know why. it's not scratched. I am worried about going to marching band on Monday because it is going to be 95 degrees and I have camp from 9-9! grrr. thats enough randomness for me atm! :p

My dad and uncle were in college during the draft, so they were safe and I am glad.
Here's a random thought: I was looking at pictures of my family from like fifteen years ago when me and my widdle sister *pinches Lindsey's cheeks* were babies, and my dad was thin! And he had a chin! My oh my! And, being the 80's, my mom looked like she'd just stepped out of Flashdance. What a feeling indeed.

my dad dodged the draft..he had to find recommendations and everything...but that's just because he wanted to be (and is) a teacher...and i'm glad he didn't go, cause then i might not have been born.....

and you guys would just be DEPRESSED without me, now wouldn't you? :eeklaugh:

Bonochick said:
It's quite tasty! It has the three C's: Cheese, Cookies, Chocolate! It's a win-win-win situation!

:barf:

Cookies = :yes:
Chocolate = :yes: :yes:
Cheese = :yes:

Cookies + chocolate + cheese = :no: :no: :no:

Oh, and before I forget... last night I dreamt that War era Larry was in my house wearing a tank top and cute little greyish white spandex shorts!!! I got a really good look at that cute little bum of his :D But I woke up before I could touch it :(

But I've had the image of Larry's bum in my mind all morning :happy:

I used to know a Vietnam vet. He came back from the war with some definite, uh, political views. This isn't FYM so I won't get into the politics, but let's just say he wasn't a fan of wars. I guess no one really is. He wanted to stop others........my dad didn't get drafted because he's an asthmatic.
Chocolate around a cheese cracker? Egads! I'm not overly fond of anything with cheddar cheese in it; it's too sharp. I'll try mozzerello......

Giant Lemon said:

I was thinking the same thing too! No offense, Bonochick!

You guys are so mean............*sniff, sniff*

(Actually, everybody thinks I like to eat weird stuff...*lol*). :D

Bonochick said:
You guys are so mean............*sniff, sniff*

LOL, you have my deepest apologies, Bonochick. I will never insult your wacky food choices again. :p

One time I got a sundae with pineapple and lucky charms on it- everyone who was around (including my friends and the employees of the place) made fun of me. They were all like, "Ewww! Are you really going to eat that?!?!?" So I feel your pain.

Tehehehehe

I thought the title was "I'm so lovely"

LOL

that's what happens when you read after waking up from a nap.

(Edited to ask M&M omlettes?????? :scratch: with eggs?????)

Daisyphisto said:
(Edited to ask M&M omlettes?????? :scratch: with eggs?????)

Yeah...she'd make a regular omelette but add M&M's (usually the Crispy M&M's)...I have a picture of me eating one. I should try to find it and scan it! :D

Bonochick said:

Yeah...she'd make a regular omelette but add M&M's (usually the Crispy M&M's)...I have a picture of me eating one. I should try to find it and scan it! :D

BC, you do like to eat weird stuff... you'd be a good candidate to taste my sister's cooking. It's bad!

Ouch! (she just punched me!)

Bonochick said:

That's not lovely.

I was digging around a dresser drawer and noe I'm wearing a tank top that I bought around 8 years ago (when I was eight) and it's just now fitting me.

Originally posted by Jam Jar

i must say, chocolate cheesecakes are the worst! :barf:

What is wrong with you?????????????????? :lol:

chocolate cheesecakes are the BEST thing ever invented as a source of food....and for that matter a sugar high.:tongue:

Stories for Boys said:
my dad dodged the draft..he had to find recommendations and everything...but that's just because he wanted to be (and is) a teacher...

Note: This would be called being a conscientious objector. Unless of course he burned his draft card and went to jail...cause THEN he'd be what's called a "draft dodger" to put it in a very nasty way.

Sorry, that was just buggin me. After all, I am a hippy...

Back
Top Bottom