I'm Off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey, PLEBAns! Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm leaving for Florida. I'll be back next Sunday, so don't be surprised if I don't post until Monday the 10th or even later.

:wave: Take care! I'll miss you all! :hug:

mmm....warmey goodness...

at least one of us can get away from this awful city/state....HAVE SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! :D

:wave: Hi, everybody! I'm back! It's such a shock to leave weather that's at least 70 degrees and then arrive here in Michigan...I think the captain of our plane said it was 10 when we landed. Brrrrr!!!

We arrived in Orlando Saturday evening after being scared shitless around Jacksonville. There was this nasty storm and we went through what the captain called "significant turbulance." Yuck! We mostly stayed with my aunt, who lives in Lakeland (between Orlando and Tampa) although we did spend some time with my grandpa, who lives in nearby Lake Wales.

:hmm: It might be easier if I just do a day-by-day run-down of what we did...

Sunday...
Rented canoes on this river that had TONS of alligators. It was completely gorgeous there (north of Tampa). Looked like a jungle or something. And seeing all the alligators in their natural habitat was really neat.

Monday...
Went to the Dali museum in St. Petersburg. My brother is an artist and he's really into Dali's work. I have to say that after going to that museum I really fell in love with it too.

Tuesday...
:hmm: I think I just took a mental health day and sort of laid around, which was fine!

Wednesday...
Went to a beach we always go to in Englewood. I think it's called Stump Pass State Park or something. Lots of shells there, and we saw dolphins swimming in the Gulf...and we did some swimming too!

Thursday...
Went to Busch Gardens. I REFUSE to ride rollercoasters so my mom and I went around and looked at the animals and other stuff. I was surprised at how much there was for us to do there. And they have 2 free samples of beer there per person, per day, so that was cool! And I got the most adorable white tiger stuffed animal.

Friday...
I went to see a local production of "The Music Man" with my grandpa and his wife. I was impressed!

Saturday...
Shopping

Sunday...
Here I am at home! We flew from Orlando to Newark, NJ which was cool because I could see NYC when we landed (I've never been there) and the Empire State Building and everything. Before we landed there, though, it was horrible. Bad turbulance again, and I sat there most of the flight with the barf bag to my face just in case...but luckily I didn't have to use it! Then we flew from Newark to Grand Rapids...Yeah, and now here I am...

:hug: I missed you all! Methinks I'm going to change my avatar and sigy again...

Hi Wertsie! :hug: It's so good to have you back! :hug: Good to know you had fun, except for the turbulence, that sucks.

Back
Top Bottom