I'm gonna be a home owner!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Me and my sister gave an offer for a home.... and it was accepted this morning!!!! :dance:

We still need to do our own private inspection of the home, etc. but if all goes well.... I'll be a home owner soon!!! :hyper:

The house is a multifamily home. It has two units--an upper and lower and both units are exactly the same in terms of layout. We'll each have three bedrooms, each a florida room, a shared attic (which is a really cool room of the house and we'd like to make it a fun *game* room/hangout eventually) a big basement which is divided into two separate units, and a shared three-car garage. Plus we have a small yard, and the location of the home is excellent... it's actually on the same street I live on right now, but about 5 or 6 blocks down, and it's within walking distance of my city's "downtown" district, so lots of cool restaurants, shops etc. are within a short walk.

It's just gonna be so great... we're both in one BR flats/apts right now, so we're super excited about all the space, etc. Of course, we're gonna have to make a lot of sacrifices moneywise, but we know it'll be worth it in the end.

Thanks everyone! :hug:

We're having the home inspected this Thursday afternoon, so as long as he doesn't find anything majorly wrong, we're moving forward and expect to close by the first week in March! :hyper:

I'm so excited, but there's so much to do... :crazy:

So if you don't see me around here much within the next month, you'll know why.

Aw that's so exciting!! I can't wait to own my own home and stop flushing money into the apartment-pithole!!

Have fun with everything!! :happy:

ILuvLarryMullen said:

I could never live with my sister :crazy:

Well see, that's the great thing about this place... she'll be on the premises but I won't actually be living with her. :lol:

I could never live in the same unit with my sister either :crack:

okay, call me unlearned on modern home vocabulary, but what the heck is a "florida" room?

Your own personal portal to florida?

I'd like one of those.

Kristie said:

Your own personal portal to florida?

:lmao: I wish....

They also call it a three-seasons room... it's an attachment on the back of the house with lots of windows, but no heat (hence the three-seasons term, it's freezing out in that room right now) ... kinda like a screened in back porch...why they just don't call it that, I dunno :huh:

The big move is next weekend! :hyper:

erised said:
They also call it a three-seasons room... it's an attachment on the back of the house with lots of windows, but no heat (hence the three-seasons term, it's freezing out in that room right now) ... kinda like a screened in back porch...why they just don't call it that, I dunno :huh:

We made one of those, though it's called an Arizona room here. Our kitties love it. :)

If you don't mind a little advice:

If possible, get any cleaning / painting / reflooring /maintenance done before you move anything in. It'll be a lot easier. We had to repaint and refloor almost the entire house, and it was so much easier without any furniture or boxes to deal with.

Oh, and make sure your hot water heater is working, because the first thing you'll want after moving in is a hot bath.

Back
Top Bottom