I'm going to IRELAND!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schmeg

Blue Crack Addict
Woo-hoo! I'm so excited! My friend Shelly's friend is moving to Ireland for a year or something to work and I'm going with Shelly when she goes to visit her next month!

There's so much I have to do before then...someone on my dad's side of the family has started a family tree and discovered our REAL last name (before The Powers That Be changed it on Ellis Island for sounding "too Irish"), so I have to contact her to figure out where that half of my family comes from and drag her on a Donahue/O'something tour. She's Italian, so she can't reciprocate. This trip anyway. :wink:

I don't think she'll be shocked when I tell her we need to do the U2 Tour of Dublin, too.

Does anyone who's been there, or lives there, have any recommendations for someplace goo to go? Er'll be there for about a week, around the end of March and the beginning of April, so weather probably makes a difference.

HAHA it will be mild then maybe warm except you might think its freezing :der:

Go to St Michans church to see the mummies its REALLY good!

And go to the wee record shop "Rythym Records" along the Quays for all your U2 stuff- bootlegs, signed stuff, posters blah blah blah

The Clarence :up:

Guinness Factory

Croke Park Its great!! :hyper: "G-g-g-galway"

Go on the dart too

and a city imp

And get yourself a hop on hop off bus pass for 5 days you'll save loads of money

Thats all I can think of for now

oh wow no Captain Americas- Grafton Street for a great meal and you sit surrounded by signd u2 stuff and their potatoes are :drool:

And and Temple Bar :dance: :hyper:

Oooooooooh you will have so much fun!!!!!!

I was there- 6 months ago today!! :(

feel free to PM or email me - I'll give you some suggestions what to see/do. :happy:

oh kewl!!!!! Yeah I went to Captain America's for my bday and it's like a super small place but I loved staring at the guy's stuff!!!! :D

Also I recommend Dublinia and Christ Church, the Viking boat tours (that takes you behind U2's studio you can find it infront of St. Paddy's Cathedral), there's this tour it's called the Ghost walk tour...it takes you around Dublin Castle, Christ Church at night...Nosozemus or something like that...you can make reservations at the tourism centre it's near Grafton St..about a block away and you can make lots of reservations there and find lots of other cool stuff to do :) I Hope you have a blast!!!!!!

FallingStar said:
Laraaaaaaaaaaa........:drool:.............I'm jealous of what you know! :mad:

:hug:

Sorry Ill just move shall I? :lol: :rolleyes: :hug:

Heh I dunno anything about Germany :shrug:

Last time I was in Dublin the Viking Bus wasnt in service :eyebrow: Whats up with that?

Oh you can do all the literary stuff My dad always goes to Jamesy Joyce places and the like and to see Yeats home and grave in Sligo if you fancied going and Knock the holy place where there was some apparition thats not in Dublin though :lol:

Germany isn't slightly as interesting as Ireland. :rant:

:combust: Doooooooooooblin, I'm coming soooooooooooooon! :combust:

FallingStar said:
Germany isn't slightly as interesting as Ireland. :rant:

:combust: Doooooooooooblin, I'm coming soooooooooooooon! :combust:

Germany is Im sure :shrug:

Are you really coming soon Girlie? :eyebrow: :yes: :wave:

I'm thinking about studying in dublin. When I've finished school. :yes:

And then I will come up to Belfast meeting you. :tongue:

Why not go to Queens Its so purty and im going there

*hopes she is*

dublins REALLY expensive to live in and study in but theres Queens, University of Ulster- (3 campus), Cork, Galway, Limerick ;)

:silent:

Ill send you some Irish stuff so you can feel like your here!

I remembered when I was putting on my fake tan

Kilmainham Goal (Jail) :hyper:

"tousands of teeevees and debtooooorrs" Dont ask

and they charge you for bags there in the shops so bring something you can carry your drinnks in!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I'm so lucky I have access to people in the know!

As of tonight we have a date- leaving March 30 and returning April 8! My reaction is now documented in history as "Most Hysterical Giggle EVER." I'm going to miss my mom's birthday but I'll pick her up something real special to make up for it.

Weather- We're experiencing a "deep freeze" here is Rhode Island- the high temperature tomorrow is going to be about 10 degrees Farenheit (sorry, I didn't think paying attention during Celcius in science would ever come in handy), so anything warmer than ball-freezing cold is quite pleasant to me.

Places to see- How did you know I'm a lit freak and would want to see writer's haunts and homes??? Great idea!

I fully intend to photograph EVERY INDIVIDUAL SECOND. I compulsively make scrapbooks.

THANK YOU for info on where to get bootlegs. That was going to be my next question.

And we're at the very least walking by the Clarence, if not stopping in to use the ladies' room (a talent I have required in my domestic travels).

Lara Mullen said:
Why not go to Queens Its so purty and im going there

*hopes she is*

dublins REALLY expensive to live in and study in but theres Queens, University of Ulster- (3 campus), Cork, Galway, Limerick ;)

Well actually we got really lucky with our appartment...it was only 700 Euros a month and it was around the block from POD on Adelaide Rd. about 2 blocks from St. Steven's Green....and I thought food and stuff like that wasn't really that bad...not as bad as London...we got really lucky too cos we got our appartment the 2nd day we were there...lol..

Mullen-Girl said:

Well actually we got really lucky with our appartment...it was only 700 Euros a month and it was around the block from POD on Adelaide Rd. about 2 blocks from St. Steven's Green....and I thought food and stuff like that wasn't really that bad...not as bad as London...we got really lucky too cos we got our appartment the 2nd day we were there...lol..

YA me estas diciendo como hiciste para alquilar ese departamento! LOL :lol:

Of course I'm jealous..........seriously, have a great time! I'm sure you will!! Especially in the vicinity of a certain recording studio.....

Schmeg said:
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I'm so lucky I have access to people in the know!

As of tonight we have a date- leaving March 30 and returning April 8! My reaction is now documented in history as "Most Hysterical Giggle EVER." I'm going to miss my mom's birthday but I'll pick her up something real special to make up for it.

Weather- We're experiencing a "deep freeze" here is Rhode Island- the high temperature tomorrow is going to be about 10 degrees Farenheit (sorry, I didn't think paying attention during Celcius in science would ever come in handy), so anything warmer than ball-freezing cold is quite pleasant to me.

Places to see- How did you know I'm a lit freak and would want to see writer's haunts and homes??? Great idea!

I fully intend to photograph EVERY INDIVIDUAL SECOND. I compulsively make scrapbooks.

THANK YOU for info on where to get bootlegs. That was going to be my next question.

And we're at the very least walking by the Clarence, if not stopping in to use the ladies' room (a talent I have required in my domestic travels).

For the clarence facing the reception there are fone boxes....walk inside and steal a pencil saying The Clarence on it...I have one :shifty: oh and you can steal beermats and matches from the bar too :shifty: *cough* ...its not stealing they are free actually...

Lara Mullen said:

For the clarence facing the reception there are fone boxes....walk inside and steal a pencil saying The Clarence on it...I have one :shifty: oh and you can steal beermats and matches from the bar too :shifty: *cough* ...its not stealing they are free actually...

:lol:

<----BIG nostalgia packrat
Lara- Great idea!! I also compulsively "steal" free stuff from hotels and bars, but most of the stuff I have right now is from places within 5 miles of my house.
Niamh- I might have to take you up on the offer of a drink! Where will you be located? Right now, I have no idea.

Schmeg said:
<----BIG nostalgia packrat
Lara- Great idea!! I also compulsively "steal" free stuff from hotels and bars, but most of the stuff I have right now is from places within 5 miles of my house.
Niamh- I might have to take you up on the offer of a drink! Where will you be located? Right now, I have no idea.

I'll be staying in my boyfriend's gaff, in Ballyboden. It's located in the southside and I think it's about 25 minutes away from the city centre, so that's not a problem! :D

Let me know where you are gonna be staying! :)

Back
Top Bottom