i'm going out of my mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I dont know if you know this, but my boyfriend is in the hospital- he went in suddenly on Friday and had his appendix out Saturday night. and i don't think he'll be able to leave until this weekend and I CAN'T TALK TO HIM :sad: and I hate this!! :scream: I miss him SO MUCH I know he's miserable stuck in there, and I want to comfort him and make him smile and I can't do ANY of that :banghead: it's making me so upset. :sad:

so anyway. i've been complaining all over the place, but it just reallly gets me down. and i love speaking with his mom to hear updates, but every time i get off the phone w/ her i cry because i miss him so much.

oh and in case anyone doesn't know, i can't visit him b/c he's in england and i'm in the u.s. :( a long-dis relationship like that is hard enough, but this is just painful. and it's not like i'm not grateful he is okay now, the surgery was successful.. because i obviously am. i just want my baby back! :scream:

I'm sorry sweetie, I know it's hard just to be apart, but when you can't even talk, that really sucks! Can you send him a card or a letter? There's gotta be some way to send him something fast.....

But I'm sure he knows you're thinking about him :hug:

thanks bls. I know he knows I'm thinking about him, too. and he always asks his mom if she's spoken with me. But she told me that he could use a smile b/c they haven't seen one in a few days :sad: and that breaks my heart b/c i KNOW that's not like him!!! AAAAAARGH! *air mails self to UK*

She did print off another email I wrote for him and will bring it to him tonight. I tried to joke around in it to get him to laugh (told him to steal a nurse's uniform :sexywink: :p) and hopefully he'll smile. and i sent balloons to his room that should be delivered tomorrow. so yeah, that helps :)

it's hard to know someone you love so much is hurting/depressed and there's nothing you can really do to help.

Aw! Is he ok? That's a looooong time in the hospital for an appendicitis (sp?). Props to you for a lasting long distance relationship :hug: I could never do that....sometimes I miss my bf and we live in the same building :reject:

oliveu2cm said:
and make him smile and I can't do ANY of that :banghead:

hey :) you don't really wanna make him smile.. it can easily turn into a laugh.. and THAT is nasty when you just got an appendix surgery ;) trust me.. I know it (3 kids, ignoring the warning from the nurse, lying in the room and telling each other jokes):D
don't worry about him.. appendix surgery is nothing big and he won't be feeling too bad... it didn't really hurt me (only when laughing) and you ar ejust a bit bored.. that is all
he'll be fine and you can talk to him soon again
try not to work yourself up bacause of this :hug:
just think he is on a camping trip or so... you wouldn't be able to talk to him either but it wouldn't be that bed ;)
send him a lovely letter with lots of kisses and hugs by air mail.. so he'll have something nice when he comes home!!
don't worry :happy:

Last edited:
:hug:

The balloons should cheer him up! :D

When Jeramee first got diagnosed with Crohn's he was in the hospital for pre-op and he had been there for a few days and he was complaining about all of these girly flowers he was getting, so I tried to send him some manly flowers...LOL...I went to a local florist and picked out an arangement of "Birds of Paradise"

03a_large.jpg

(It looked pretty similar to that)

So i thought that looked kinda masculine, yet still cheerful, and paid for the flowers...Jeramee calls me the next day and he is like "Really funny LeighAnne, these are the worst ones yet"

Me: Huh?

Jeramee: PINK ROSES AND BABIES BREATHE!?!? THESE ARE THE MOST GIRLY FLOWERS YET!!!

We got a good laugh out of it, but I was so pissed. I live in Maryland and he was in Kentucky for surgery, and apparently the sister company to the one I had placed my order with, did not have the arrangemnt I ordered so they just substituted.

I got a full refund, but still...good laughs.

I am glad Monty seems to be all right! Now we just need to get those damn foreigners some phones! LOL

:hug: Sorry to hear about this! I know it's hard when you can't be there for someone, but you ARE helping. I mean, you've been in contact with his mom and you've emailed, and I'm sure that means a lot to him. Even though you can't be there, you're doing your best to "be there"

Hope he feels better soon, and that you guys can talk soon as well.

Re: Re: i'm going out of my mind

Thanks everyone! You made me feel a lot better. lol a-mole, well it helps to hear from someone who's been there that it ain't that bad, and he may just have a bad case of the boredom blues. he's v. active so it's hard for him to sit still for so long. haha maybe i'll tell him to learn morse code so we can communicate lol

Fishy :laugh: at the pink carnations and baby's breath!!! :lol: I bought him a 'care package' - put massage stuff in it :shifty: but i bought it from Bath&Body and I was like- I need MANLY stuff or else he'd kick my ass hahaa.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic- I think it's a long time for an appendectomy, too. But his mom said it's cuz he has to get all the antibiotics (through IV) so he has to stay. :shrug:

I wonder how long until he can fly...he has a plane ticket for June 4th. :| :reject:

Maybe I'll see if I can get a PS2 delievered next.. hmm.. :sexywink:

oliveu2cm said:
I dont know if you know this, but my boyfriend is in the hospital- he went in suddenly on Friday and had his appendix out Saturday night. and i don't think he'll be able to leave until this weekend and I CAN'T TALK TO HIM :sad: and I hate this!! :scream: I miss him SO MUCH I know he's miserable stuck in there, and I want to comfort him and make him smile and I can't do ANY of that :banghead: it's making me so upset. :sad:

so anyway. i've been complaining all over the place, but it just reallly gets me down. and i love speaking with his mom to hear updates, but every time i get off the phone w/ her i cry because i miss him so much.

oh and in case anyone doesn't know, i can't visit him b/c he's in england and i'm in the u.s. :( a long-dis relationship like that is hard enough, but this is just painful. and it's not like i'm not grateful he is okay now, the surgery was successful.. because i obviously am. i just want my baby back! :scream:

hi carrie.... my boyfriend had his appendix out after it burst - that was scary for me, too. It was an awful experience - I actually helped him out of his hospital bed to go wash his hair because he hadn't had his hair washed in a week. I had to wash it in the sink with him leaning over and shaking because he was in a lot of pain. It took three washings before I actually started to get lather on his head. The nurse was a bit pissed off that he washed his hair, but well, what can you do?

I'm so sorry you can't be there with him. :sad: We'll be here for you through this. :hug:

Moonie

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Aw! Is he ok? That's a looooong time in the hospital for an appendicitis (sp?). Props to you for a lasting long distance relationship :hug: I could never do that....sometimes I miss my bf and we live in the same building :reject:

it all depends.... my boyfriend was in the hospital for a less than a week because his appendix burst and they needed to make sure all the infection was out before they sent him home - it wasn't and they sent him home early, and he just got more sick. it took a month for him to finally get better.

hospitals scare me sometimes. :shifty:

Moonie

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

it all depends.... my boyfriend was in the hospital for a less than a week because his appendix burst and they needed to make sure all the infection was out before they sent him home - it wasn't and they sent him home early, and he just got more sick. it took a month for him to finally get better.

that's awful!! I guess I want him to stay there so they can make completely sure he is okay then! :uhoh:

He is coming here June 4th to spend a couple weeks with me before his job (over here) begins. As long as it's safe for him to come over here sometime whether it be June 4th or 14th I don't care, I just want to be with him soon.

Thanks Moonie :hug: Washing his hair and stuff like that is what I want to be with him for. it is a pretty scary thing- it's awful imagining him weak. But at least he has his mom and dad with him, so he isn't totally alone. I'm trying not to imagine what it's like b/c I'm sure I'd make it worse than it is (fantasy answers as he calls it) but my gut knows it sucks all around. :sigh: on a bright note, thank God for modern medicine so that this procedure could be done and he could be helped. :heart:

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

hospitals scare me sometimes. :shifty:

Yeah, amen! Luckily I've never had to go, but my sis had hers out last summer, but she was only there overnight :shrug:

Olive, maybe you could call him and sing him a song? I guess that's what I'd like if I was stuck in the hospital.

Try not to worry too much Carrie, he'll be fine :hug:

I had my appendix out when I was 5 months pregnant and I was home in 5 days. It wasn't extremely painful and I recovered really quick. He'll just need lots of rest and someone to lift heavy things for him for a while.

The only thing that hurt to an extreme degree with me was sneezing...he'll need to hug a pillow and brace himself the first time that happens!

And I think he should be fine to fly by June 4th but he'll probably be totally wiped out when he gets here. He'll definately need lots of TLC :sexywink: :heart:

Bono's American Wife said:

And I think he should be fine to fly by June 4th but he'll probably be totally wiped out when he gets here. He'll definately need lots of TLC :sexywink: :heart:

:D YAY!! I hope so!!

I'll give him the pillow tip too, thanks BAW! My mom had 4 C-sections, so she's like, Carrie! He'll be okay! :lol:

I feel a lotttt better today (maybe it was the Pete concert I went to last night :shifty: ). He should have gotten my balloons today so I'll have to see what he said when I talk w/ his mom.

Also, :laugh: @ me singing!!! But, I can't talk on the phone with him anyway because cell phones aren't allowed, they don't have phones in the individual rooms, and he can't walk far enough to get to the nurses phone. So I can't talk to him (one of the reasons I was feeling soooo low). But his mom said she'll work on it- maybe today, that would rock.

:hug:

I SEE
petesmiley.gif
TONIGHT!!!

hyperpete.gif
= :hyper: +
petesmiley.gif
's Bastard Love Child...LMAO

*so excited*

Kristie that hyper pete smilie STILl cracks me up!

I am gonna askhim to play EZ...he played it last time he was in DC so here's hopin' for a repeat performance!

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I SEE
petesmiley.gif
TONIGHT!!!

hyperpete.gif
= :hyper: +
petesmiley.gif
's Bastard Love Child...LMAO

*so excited*

Kristie that hyper pete smilie STILl cracks me up!

I am gonna askhim to play EZ...he played it last time he was in DC so here's hopin' for a repeat performance!

:love: I LOVE that Pete smilie!!! LMAO!!

Fishy you're gonna have an awesssssssome time.

and um, excuse me- ASK Pete? As in like, hi Pete...? :shocked: i mean like, as in you have his cellie numba? :shifty:

:flirt:

Ask Pete as in

"walk up to him and ask...or if all else fails, warm up the pipes and yell my ass off after each song until he gets the hint."

I've never really been afraid to approach artists, I know my friends in Nashville prefer for fans to treat them like normal people rather than run up to them screaming and brainless.

LMAO

I am hoping Doc is there tonight, that would make my night.

((Doc is the lead singer for the Junkies(the guy I run the site for) and one of Petes best friends))

I normally wear my pete yorn shirt to concerts...lol...but tonight I think I'll bust out my Yankees shirt that i bedazzled to look like Edges from the "Stuck Football" video...lol

/pointless pete musings

Nice Pete piccie, but it's not the real thing :( :sexywink:

/gratuitous display of Bruce arms...

3375%3A7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323386538752ot1lsi

3375%3A7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376925%3A46ot1lsi

3375%3A7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233693835%3C6ot1lsi

3375%3A7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E232336557%3A6%3B3ot1lsi

/pointess posting of Bruce pics..well, not really pointless :D

Say Hi to Pete for me Fishy :tongue:

preeeeeeeeeeeeeeety :sick:

my SOM (song of the moment)

Sometimes I feel like I don't know
Sometimes I feel like checkin' out
I want to get it wrong
Can't always be strong
And love it won't be long...

Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong