i'm going out of my mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OLIVE!!!!

*HUGUGUGUGUG*

The internet was down here for a couple of days, but I was thinking about you guys! It'll be okay, it sounds like they got the problem, Em and I are working on the catapult, we'll wheel it to boston tommorow so you can save on airfare. Maybe stock up on helmets, and tell me where the hospital is ... we need to compute the targeting ... thingy on the .... thingy.

Still a few quirks to work out.

:)

-Bluey

They are letting him out of the hospital today!! :hyper: OMG I am so sososoososoososoosoSO happy, so relieved. I feel a million times better and know I'll feel even MORE relieved when we finally speak. I'm not sure if he'll have enough energy to talk tonight but his mom is going to call me when he's home safe and sound :hug:

oh thank God! :) :happy:

I'm so happy for you Olive. See, I knew things would work out for the better. Hospitals -good. Believe me I know. my mom has a chronic heart disease, and over the past four years she has been in the and out of the hospital nine times. In fact she just was in 3 weeks ago.

tiny dancer said:
I'm so happy for you Olive. See, I knew things would work out for the better. Hospitals -good. Believe me I know. my mom has a chronic heart disease, and over the past four years she has been in the and out of the hospital nine times. In fact she just was in 3 weeks ago.

:hug: THank you tiny dancer. I know it was the best thing for him. Thank God for doctors and modern medicine!! It's something I could never do (be a doctor) but this has reallllly toned my appreciation for the way they save lives!! It's amazing.

SOOO I talked to him this morning!!! :happy: Oh you guys I am sooo happy, I feel soooo much better.

His voice was very weak and hoarse, but he said he felt ten times better than yesterday, and I told him he'd feel improvement every day. He doesn't want me to come down there, and he said he knew I was thinking of him every minute. :) He said (his mom didn't tell me- she didn't want to worry me) that the first doctor told him he wouldn't be able to go to America, and he was "gutted" but then the 2nd doctor (who let him go early) said he'd be able to go. And something about 2 weeks after he gets the staples out .. or that he has to get the staples out before he goes. I didn't understand and didn't want to make him talk too much so I'll have to ask his mom later. But he said the staples are out Monday in two weeks (or were out this past Monday) - I told him not to sweat it and we'll take it day by day.

He started fading out after 25 min of talking so I let him go and will call later. He already got my cards- even the one I didn't write "air mail" on!!! :) I've been sending one card a day.

He said he had a rare form of appendicitis- apparenlty it usually starts down near the groin area, but Monty's was up behind his liver (which is why his pain was in a different area than typical, confusing his father). And apparently it was starting to go gangerene, so if they hadn't taken it out, it would have been bad! Thank God! He said he had a big scar- and then I told him I thought scars were sexy :sexywink: and he laughed! :-D

I feel soooooo much better now! His mom said to me last night that now "we have to just get him better" and I like how she said we! I'm just so glad he's healing and the hardest part is over. thank God!!! *relieffffffff* :) And now I get to call him again at lunchtime yay! And he sounded happy to speak to me and it made me feel sooo indescribably good when he spoke to me like, in our language. lol if you know what i mean- with certain phrases or intonations that we've developed in conversation. :heart:

THank you all soooo so much. ALso, BAW, I told him about the pillow thing and he said he learned that from coughing- and I was so glad to have something productive/helpful to add! so thanks!

:happy: Carrie

:D

I so want to send him flowers but it's gonna cost me like $70-100 for a good bouquet!!! :huh: :mad:

anyone have any other ideas? :sexywink:

oliveu2cm said:

THank you all soooo so much. ALso, BAW, I told him about the pillow thing and he said he learned that from coughing- and I was so glad to have something productive/helpful to add! so thanks!

:happy: Carrie

I'm glad I could contribute something helpful! :D

That's great you got to talk to him and hear for yourself that he's okay :)

Regarding the staples...I had another type of surgery in October and my staples came out in 3 or 4 days...he's probably already had his out. They can't stay in very long or the skin will start to heal around them and they'll be hard to take out :no: The minute those staples come out, you feel SOOO much better and its much easier to move around.

:hug:

Bono's American Wife said:

They can't stay in very long or the skin will start to heal around them and they'll be hard to take out :no: The minute those staples come out, you feel SOOO much better and its much easier to move around.

:hug:

Ahhh okay, thanks. So that means he prob had them out Monday (since surgery was Sat night).

we just spoke again and I realized these next few days are going to be really rough. He's sooo incapacitated right now and is just frustrated and dulled because of this. Bored, uninterested and low concentration. But he said if I were there he'd be the same way, so it's good I didn't go (it obviously makes me feel pretty bad I can't "cheer him up" or anything) and he said unless I was a certified doctor there's not much I can do to help. Some of the jokes i made went over great :| :( But we ended the convo w/ him telling me to concentrate on moving and packing (i'm moving apartments soon) and preparing for his arrival, and he would concentrate on getting better. :)

He'll be better soon, I know it's just hard now. And at least he can recoop at home rather than the hospital.

The next several days are going to be the hardest part of his recovery...he needs sleep, sleep and more sleep :yes: Its hard to get quality sleep in the hospital with all the activity going on around you so now that he's home, he'll do so much better.

He still has the anesthesia in his system, which causes the tiredness and lack of concentration. Give him a week or so and your conversations will be much improved :)

I realize we can't talk in the afternoon (nighttime for him) because he's been sitting around all day and is ultra bored and disinterested in entirely everything. it's very hard to take- esp. since our relationship has to be based on talking.. :( but at least in the morning when we talk it's much better and he was very upbeat today and it was a good convo. i look forward to next week when he can be more active and isn't confined to little walking.

Thank you all so much for your support!

I wanted to let you know he's doing much better- today was the best day so far. he had the staples removed on Monday, all except one because the wound wasn't healing properly. The last staple was removed yesterday, and today was the first day his wound didn't "leak" :uhoh: :) And I had a talk with him yesterday about how our conversations were upsetting (his disinterest, etc) and today I had my old boyfriend back :happy: So yay! And if all continues to go well, he'll be here two weeks from today!! :hyper:

:heart: Olive

oliveu2cm said:

Ahhh okay, thanks. So that means he prob had them out Monday (since surgery was Sat night).

we just spoke again and I realized these next few days are going to be really rough. He's sooo incapacitated right now and is just frustrated and dulled because of this. Bored, uninterested and low concentration. But he said if I were there he'd be the same way, so it's good I didn't go (it obviously makes me feel pretty bad I can't "cheer him up" or anything) and he said unless I was a certified doctor there's not much I can do to help. Some of the jokes i made went over great :| :( But we ended the convo w/ him telling me to concentrate on moving and packing (i'm moving apartments soon) and preparing for his arrival, and he would concentrate on getting better. :)

He'll be better soon, I know it's just hard now. And at least he can recoop at home rather than the hospital.

egads... this sounds *just* like the whole thing that happened with my boyfriend when his appendix burst.

He was surly, mad, obnoxious. His family came to visit and he actually turned the lights on and off to give everybody the hint to get the hell out. Oh, he was just a ton o' fun when he was there. He scared the shit out of me, though. He was gray when he came out of surgery and was really sick.

I feel for you, sweetie - I know it's really hard. As long as he gets lots of rest and he's healed up OK, he'll be fine. My boyfriend had it pretty tough because his had burst before they did surgery and the doctor didn't even know it had when he went in to take it out.

But, the good news is... he's back to his normal obnoxious self. Yeah, he was obnoxious in the hospital too. ;)

:hug: to you!

Moonie :D

:)

he just told me he probably won't be able to come on the expected date. don't want anything bursting up in the airplane.

which, you know, i want him to be safe and get better.

but i want him here too!

ahhhhhh :scream:

Last edited:
When he does get here, I know you'll take care of him;) :hug:

I have identical twin cousins who had appendicitis. When one got it, everyone said the other one would get it too, but they thought it was just an old wives' tale. Well the other one did get it! They were both fine, and now have matching scars to complete their matching bodies;)

... he has to postpone his trip by 3 weeks. he can't fly with a wound like he has and if it opens up he can't get medical coverage in the US since he's already been seen in England. So, yeah... :sigh:

Let him get better. :hug:
but now we have another month and one week between us. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom