I'm fed up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
Been looking for a job for my placement year (we have to have one year of work for our University degree course - starting this summer)

and I had a second interview with a company and it was down to me and one other person (out of 250) and it went well but she rang this morning and left a message on my phone saying "it was a tough decision but we wont be able to take you on for the placement year...blah blah"

im getting so fed up of applying to jobs, :mad: It's like I get so close and then it's back to the start again!!! :eyebrow: ahhhhh!!!

Pissed me off - what a crap start to the day/week!

(sorry I just needed to moan to some people!) :rant: :sigh:

If you were really interested in working for that company you may want to phone her back and thank her for leaving a message. Let her know you are disappointed and would still like to work for this company. Ask if there are any other jobs coming up or if she knows of anyone else who might be hiring.

If you are willing to accept the answer. ask her why you didn't get the job. This can sometimes be a tough thing to ask and even tougher for the person on the other end to answer. You may have to feel out the situation and see if she is going to be receptive to the question. If you think she wont be, then back off. Getting the answer to this question may set your mind at ease and possibly let you know what to do next time in the same situation.

You've got nothing to lose - make the call.

Thanks everyone :) :hug:

I'm not fed up anymore anyways ;)

She said it was nothing I did - it was just a really hard decision between me and the other girl. She said I did very well to get from 250 applicants down to 2 people so...

the main problem is that so many students all over the country apply for these work placements, that its really hard for them to choose...I don't mind just going on to my final year if a good job doesnt turn up anyway so It's all good! :up:

It's definitely their loss Celia...250 Applicants and it's whittled down to 2 - that's as close as it gets - Sorry, it didn't happen for you this time but I strongly believe maybe somethings are for the best, it might have been awful working there and in the longterm, even though the searching is so frustrating I an absolutely certain you'll secure the right placement. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progression - keep smiling - don't let the s grind you down! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom