I'm back from Washington, D.C.!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julyfly

Acrobat
A Juke Joint.... can you hear the guitar SCREAM?
Actually, I got in Wednesday afternoon, but I was wiped out from my trip so yesterday I when I came here I just did some catching up on what I had missed while I was away. I had a very productive trip! I attended a Legislative & Media "Boot Camp" on lobbying Congress for federal funding which would go to schools like the one I work for to train students to provide closed captioning for the 28 million Americans that are deaf or hard-of-hearing. The Telecommunications Act of 1996, which Congress passed, mandates that 100% of all TV programming must be captioned by 2006- but we need captioners if that mandate is to be met on time. They worked us really hard & on the last day we went to Capitol Hill to lobby....and NO, I didn't see Bono
frown.gif
It was hard work, but definitely worth it! So, I got home with little time to spare until the Grammys & I made myself stay up to watch the whole thing. I was a little upset over some things like how can Train's song beat U2 if "Walk On" is supposed to be the Record Of the Year??? Doesn't make sense unless both of U2's songs split the vote in that category- which SUCKS cause they were both better than "she listens to Mozart while she does Tai-Bo" and "fried chicken whatever blah blah blah" and I realize that Dylan & U2 split the best album vote, leaving it to "O Brother", but it doesn't mean I have to like the politics that made it happen. Jon Stewart was better last year- with the exception of the Creed joke! HAHAHAHAHAHA
biggrin.gif

That was priceless! Mary J. ROCKED! I loved Nelly Furtado- she seems so down-to-earth & she brought her Mom to the show....Awwwwww! I'm also gonna get India.Arie's CD- I wish she would've won SOMETHING! But of course, OUR BOYS were THE highlight! I laughed myself silly over Edge going to the spa and his reference to last year's speech! My Mom asked what he said last year, but I couldn't tell her. She sang along to "Walk On" and "danced" in her seat! She cheered every time they won, too! And when Train won, even Dad said "that Walk On, Walk On song should've won instead!"
biggrin.gif
(Pride is on the radio in the office next to mine RIGHT NOW!) So, that's all of my ramblings. Missed y'all!
And HELL YES, Bono can save the world-WOOHOO!!
smile.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

Welcome Back Julyfly!! It sounds like you had an awesome time watching the Grammy's. The boys were really cute this year. Edge was soooo funny. I totally thought that he was going to talk about the Orgasmatron again
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

JulyFly!!!!! You were in DC? You should've stopped by and seen me.....and help me obsess over Bono
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
JulyFly!!!!! You were in DC? You should've stopped by and seen me.....and help me obsess over Bono
biggrin.gif

Oh Mona, honey, I'd have been deeeelighted, but they made sure that we stayed very busy the whole time... but at least they put us up at the Ritz-Carlton in Tyson's Corner (POSH, baby!). Next time I'm there, I'll look ya up
smile.gif

I just found out that I missed the B-man by 2 FREAKIN' days-AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH- it's NOT FAIR!
frown.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 03-01-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Welcome Back Julyfly!! It sounds like you had an awesome time watching the Grammy's. The boys were really cute this year. Edge was soooo funny. I totally thought that he was going to talk about the Orgasmatron again
biggrin.gif

so did Adam, apparently
wink.gif

thinking of that still makes me giggle
welcome back julyfly!

------------------
What's wrong with this picture?
Keep looking, you'll figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom