I'm a nervous wreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylimeU2

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My grandfather had cancer and has been in remission for the past year. And now, I just got off the phone with my dad and he told me my grandfather hasn't been feeling well lately, and went to the doctor today. They think the cancer might be back, and if it is, he probably wouldn't survive it this time. I'm really close to my grandpa, and I know he's had a long life, but still, I can't imagine him not being around.

I am so scared right now. We won't know the results of the test for a week or so, and until then, I think I'm going to go crazy.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent a little.

I posted that too soon........if you can, try to spend as much time with your grandpa over the next week. He's probably more scared than you are. It would mean a lot to him if you were there for him. Spending whatever time possible with him now will be something you'll look back on and be glad that you did.

Thanks, everyone. I wish I could spend time with him, but he's in Ohio and I'm in Virginia, so it's a little difficult. The last time he was sick, I almost moved back up there to be close to him and the rest of my family. But, I've talked to him a couple of times, and he is keeping a positive attitude, which is good.

ylimeU2 said:
Thanks, everyone. I wish I could spend time with him, but he's in Ohio and I'm in Virginia, so it's a little difficult.

Aw, that's a shame. :(. You still manage to talk to him on the phone and stuff, though, so even if you can't be there in person, I'm sure he knows you're there in spirit, and he knows you're rooting for him to get better and everything, so...at least there's that. :).

Originally posted by ylimeU2
But, I've talked to him a couple of times, and he is keeping a positive attitude, which is good.

That is good. :up:. I've heard before of positive attitudes being a big aid in causing people to get better, so if you're a believer of that kind of thing, that could wind up being the case here, too.

Also, you're welcome. :hug:.

My family has two more days to contemplate the possibilities. My grandfather goes back to the doctor next Wednesday. Waiting is the hardest part. I always have fun here, but this week, you all have been a great distraction. Thanks :hug:

Back
Top Bottom