I'm a klutz!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just tripped and sprained my stupid ankle! I do this with a, uh, rather annoying frequency. Damn! I'm thinking of starting my own club, the Klutz Club. Phooey!!!:scream: :scream: :mad: :censored:

edited because I'm a keyboard klutz, too........:censored: :censored:

Last edited:
klutziness is next to godliness :yes:

i was licking the envelopes of my cards for the card exchange and i got a papercut on my lip...and now it hurts...:mad:...

Stories for Boys said:
klutziness is next to godliness :yes:

i was licking the envelopes of my cards for the card exchange and i got a papercut on my lip...and now it hurts...:mad:...

ouch that sucks! :hug:

i'm going skating tomorrow and klutziness is bound to happen. :|

i just took a drink from my water bottle and spilled water down my face and shirt

:der:

it'd be ok if it didn't happen EVERY SINGLE TIME i took a drink...:mad:

Stories for Boys said:
i just took a drink from my water bottle and spilled water down my face and shirt

:der:

it'd be ok if it didn't happen EVERY SINGLE TIME i took a drink...:mad:

I've been known to do that. Ugh!
*crawls down staircase to prevent another act of klutziness*
OUCH!
:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I've been known to do that. Ugh!
*crawls down staircase to prevent another act of klutziness*
OUCH!
:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Sorry to hear about your sprain. Hope it heals soon.

Falling on stairs does hurt. Even when they're carpeted (I've slipped and kinda fell/slid down my carpeted stairs in my house before...can be rather painful).

souLnation, yeah...ditto that with the skating...how people can manage to glide around gracefully in skates and not fall on their butts (or faces) is beyond me (especially on ice).

Angela

I am supremo klutz trust me. I can trip ten times in three minutes. I don't even think I can make it acrossed the room with out tripping. :eeklaugh: I am a walking disaster.

Quote Alert: "America lets me be the klutz that I really am." -Alan Rickman

:lol: I am SUCH a klutz! Last weekend I had a bandaid on each thumb. I cut one of them with a knife while I was washing it, and I think I accidentally cut the other with a razor! Ow!

wertsie said:
:lol: I am SUCH a klutz! Last weekend I had a bandaid on each thumb. I cut one of them with a knife while I was washing it, and I think I accidentally cut the other with a razor! Ow!

Oh, I've done that-cut my thumb with a razor (yeah, uh, word of advice to anyone else, when cleaning out your razor, don't use your thumb, or any other part of your hand, as a means of cleaning it). Cripes, those little razor cuts can sure bleed, can't they?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Oh, I've done that-cut my thumb with a razor (yeah, uh, word of advice to anyone else, when cleaning out your razor, don't use your thumb, or any other part of your hand, as a means of cleaning it). Cripes, those little razor cuts can sure bleed, can't they?

Angela

Yes, they bleed a lot! Actually, it didn't even hurt at first!

What happened was that I was packing my razor and I reached in my basket and the blade was facing up. Eek!

I sprained my ankle going down some stairs... I did the "hit the ground on the side of your foot" thing, and while falling I attempted to save myself and sprained the OTHER ankle. It sucked.
I have like a 3 inch scar on my thigh from shaving.. and one by my anklebone where I shaved off an inch of skin. I bled all over the hallway cos my roomie locked me out and I had to go find my couselor.
I trip a lot too.

Kristie said:

I trip a lot too.

:yes: Me too! Sometimes I trip over my own toes! :lmao:

And when I was a freshman in college I always used to trip over cracks in the sidewalk while walking to class! Such a dork!

Ok, is anyone NOT a klutz?

Oh, Wertsie... about tripping on the sidewalks, that sounds just like me... and I also spill things like coffee, ketchup, oil, etc... on myself on a daily basis. One time they gave me a bib at work as a joke. :eek:

When it comes to falling and making a mess, I don't ask if it's going to happen, I just ask myself when and how embarrasing is it going to be... :huh:

i trip over my feet all the time. i've got big feet though (u.s. size, men's 11!)

i had a friend who once got cut on an ice cream box that fell out of the freezer when she went to get a popsicle...

IWasBored said:
i trip over my feet all the time. i've got big feet though (u.s. size, men's 11!)

i had a friend who once got cut on an ice cream box that fell out of the freezer when she went to get a popsicle...

:reject: I wear size 5 1/2...What's my excuse? :lol:

Yay! Klutzes (Klutzi?) Everywhere United in Klutziness.

Just a few things i've done:
  • cut myself with a plastic knife.
  • broke the pinky toe on my left foot twice - first time, I was five - I got into my aunt's car, swung my feet around and slammed the door behind me, locking it. My foot was in the door when that happened. Delayed reaction on the pain and of course, everyone's trying to get me out of the car from the outside, but :der: I locked the door. Second time, I was a freshman in high school and walked into a doorjam at home (I walk like a duck), hopped in pain into my room and walked into a chair in my room, and in extreme pain, walked out of my room, howling and BAM! hit the doorjam in the kitchen, thereby breaking my toe. It fused back broken.
  • at the college swimming pool I frequented during the summer, my hand slipped on the gutter while I was trying to get out and my tooth and chin met with the tile. My tooth lost.
  • fell down stairs and almost broke my tailbone.
  • fell off my bike and skidded ten feet, leaving an asphalt burn on my right knee.
  • was playing with a knife (uh, not a good idea) and permanently altered my fingerprint on my left forefinger.
  • I fall, trip, run into stuff all the time.
  • I also spill stuff like coffee, soda, tea, milk, water, etc on myself and wherever I happened to be sitting/standing.

I'm a walking, talking antithesis of Grace.

Moonie :D

Last edited:
moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Just a few things i've done:
  • cut myself with a plastic knife.
  • broke the pinky toe on my left foot twice - first time, I was five - I got into my aunt's car, swung my feet around and slammed the door behind me, locking it. My foot was in the door when that happened. Delayed reaction on the pain and of course, everyone's trying to get me out of the car from the outside, but :der: I locked the door. Second time, I was a freshman in high school and walked into a doorjam at home (I walk like a duck), hopped in pain into my room and walked into a chair in my room, and in extreme pain, walked out of my room, howling and BAM! hit the doorjam in the kitchen, thereby breaking my toe. It fused back broken.
  • at the college swimming pool I frequented during the summer, my hand slipped on the gutter while I was trying to get out and my tooth and chin met with the tile. My tooth lost.
  • fell down stairs and almost broke my tailbone.
  • fell off my bike and skidded ten feet, leaving an asphalt burn on my right knee.
  • was playing with a knife (uh, not a good idea) and permanently altered my fingerprint on my left forefinger.
  • I fall, trip, run into stuff all the time.
  • I also spill stuff like coffee, soda, tea, milk, water, etc on myself and wherever I happened to be sitting/standing.

*Winces*

Ouch!

And your body's miraculously still intact, huh? ;).

This list makes me think...what else have I done:

*Slammed my finger into a car door (which hurts like hell)
*Sat in a lawn chair on the top step outside my house, the back of the chair was on the edge of the top step, and silly me, I lean back in it...and fall down the stairs and hit my head on the sidewalk-hard
*This wasn't really my fault, but still, in elementary school, I was having fun on this patch of ice during recess one day, and some kid came barreling into me from behind, causing my feet to fly out from under me and causing me to land on my back and hit my head on the ice...that was rather painful
*Burned myself when a bowl of Rice A Roni fell off the cupboard and onto my leg...got a nice, blistering burn
*Bumped my elbow on a lightbulb-the shade was off and the light was on...got a nice little burn there
*Burned my fingers on hot pans a couple of times
*Fallen off my bike and skinned my knee (but who hasn't done that?)
*Fell on the gym floor in middle school, brusing my knee
*Been hit in the face with a ball before

And yet somehow I've never broken a bone or sprained anything. I find that rather interesting.

Heh, I wish my sister was a part of this discussion-she'd have a good list of things she's done to herself. :).

Angela

I once hit my face against a doorframe while walking around with a blindfold around my eyes :der: (no, it's not what you think, I was 7!) and I got a cut right on my eyebrow. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches. When I got home from the hospital, I started running to the door, but the floor of the balcony was wet. I slipped, fell and got a cut on my ear. My parents had to take me to the hospital again on the same night to get stitches. :huh:

I also had to get stitches on my head when I was about 5. Yep, I was a wild kid.

not trying to top anyone's klutziness...it's just humour at my own expense

fits with my day:

this morning (ok, it was a bit after 12 noon, but that's still morning as far as i'm concerned) the fencing class i was in this semester had a fencing tournament. there was a shortage of jackets (you know, those goofy loking white coats that people wear while fencing), and this guy lent me his jacket cos the other jackets that were left either wouldn't zip around my shoulders or they would but i wouldn't be able to move my arms without velcro coming undone. since it was this guy's jacket and he's on the fencing team so he's invested in a nice jacket that zips in the front instead of the bulky canvas things that we use in class, it had a zipper in the front, and the strap that you step through with one leg was on the other side...so not realising that, i had to step into the strap wiht the other leg...i nearly fell over trying to get the jacket on, and then got the zipper stuck under the velcro flap...and the guy and the other people on the fencing team who were standing there (they were being the directors--referees) laugh and sarcasticaly say, "hey, that was, um, real gracefull"

and the kind of sandals that don't attatch to your foot? they've just got that part that goes across the top of your foot, and then that's it? i never figured out how to walk down a hall without them flying off...i was sooooo close to setting off the sprinkler system when one of them flew off and hit the ceiling about 2 inches away...

:lol:

Right now, my number of posts matches the year I was born, 1975. Cool. :|

Last edited:
can we not ever bring up gymnastics? well...i will anyway :D...i'm 6'1...me+gymnastics=disaster...

and now...stories of the beam...

one night i was really upset because of outside things, but i was practicing my beam routine. it was the day before our first meet, so i was a bit stressed. i fell off the high beam at least 5 times, landing on my head/knees/back...and that's from 4' off the ground! finally my coach made me stop cause i was going to seriously hurt myself.

another time i was doing cartwheels on the high beam, and i somehow missed my foot. i managed to get my body completely parallel to the floor, then fall so my upper thigh hit the beam, then flip around, finally landing flat on the floor. that hurt, not to mention the bruise on my leg...had to be the size of a softball...

the worst i ever hurt myself though was in touch warmups before a meet. we get 2 minutes before our routine, while the judges are scoring the previous routine, to quick do a few skills. i kept messing up so of course i was a bit upset...well, i went to dismount. my dismount is called a barani. it's kind of like a cartwheel with no hands off the end of the beam. at any rate, i tried really hard to get height and to keep my legs straight...so when i landed one foot was COMPLETELY on the side. i twisted my ankle SO BAD! i limped around for a couple minutes, then i had to compete beam. landing that dismount in competition hurt sooooooooo bad! then, not 10 minutes later, I HAD TO COMPETE FLOOR! horribly sprained ankle + tumbling = pain. when i got home, i literally had to crawl around the house. :tsk:

my one funny non-beam one that i can think of...

i was warming up vault by pretending to swing my arms and push up against the wall in the hallway outside the gym. i swung my arms and managed to use that momentum to let my feet fly out from under me. i landed like a brick on my knees onto the hard concrete floor.

it's late...i'll let you know more when i can think of them...

:ohmy:

Moonlit_Angel said:

souLnation, yeah...ditto that with the skating...how people can manage to glide around gracefully in skates and not fall on their butts (or faces) is beyond me (especially on ice).

Angela

Same with me!!! I dont even skate anymore bc i still have to use the railing bc my balance is really bad!! *runs and hides* :lol:

adamswildhoney said:
Same with me!!! I dont even skate anymore bc i still have to use the railing bc my balance is really bad!! *runs and hides* :lol:

:yes:

We had a roller skating unit in 10th grade in gym class-we went to the roller skating rink here in town. Everyone else was gliding around perfectly on their skates...and here I was holding on to the bar, 'cause I knew if I let go I'd fall (and that floor was slippery!).

Angela

Stories for Boys said:
can we not ever bring up gymnastics? well...i will anyway :D...i'm 6'1...me+gymnastics=disaster...

and now...stories of the beam...

Yes.... being 5' 11 3/4" does not a gymnast make. So, I opted to do other stuff. Like swimming. I was pretty good in the water and always was graceful. Just being on land gave me issues.

And now... stories of Moonie being a dork on the swim team:

Our swim team at my college also had a diving team and there was this one red-headed girl who was really good at diving. Her trainer was Pat something or other who was in the Olympics. Anyway. She and a couple of the other swimmers on my team would do some tricks on the high diving board and I've always been a bit of a daredevil kind of person. So, they were doing this trick on the high diving board that involved sitting backwards on the board, with your legs straight out and your back to the water below. Then, you flip off the board and do a 1/2 revolution in the air, landing on your feet in the water. I went up there, all gungho about doing it because it looked fun. I sat down on the board, it bouncing slowly with my weight and I'm terrified. holy shit. How does one exit out of a huge disaster waiting to happen GRACEFULLY? I finally get up the nerve to actually go through with the motions of the trick and flipped back. I felt my racing suit catch on the stuff they put on the edge of the boards so that you won't slip, and i guess that distracted me, because when I landed in the water, I didn't rotate far enough. I landed in the water in the shape of an L. My upper torso, head and arms made it in the water OK, but my legs were bent straight, perpendicular to the water. The *SMACK* that ensued sent everybody over to the side of the pool, waiting for me to come up. It. hurt. a. lot.

I had water welts on the tops of my legs for a week, deep pink, purple and blue bruises. It's like my legs hit cement.

I've done some pretty stupid daredevil stunts... but that took the cake. I'll never do that again.

I actually did take diving when I was in middle school - learned how to do all kinds of diving. Unfortunately, it got to the point where I was so tall, I couldn't get enough height off the board to do a 1 1/2 without smacking my face into the water and leaving the pool with a bruised forehead and nose.

I stuck with just swimming laps. I was harmless to myself that way. Most of the time. :D

Hey, how many of you used to swing on the swing set in grade school and sing:

One for the money
two for the show
three to get ready,

and after the three to get ready, let go of the swing and fly through the air to land on the ground while saying "FOUR TO GO!"?

Uh... I did and I think I flew up too high and landed on my head.

It's amazing my brain still functions normally.

One for the money
two for the show
three to get ready,

and after the three to get ready, let go of the swing and fly through the air to land on the ground while saying "FOUR TO GO!"?

we used to just jump off the swings without warning (instead of singing before), but some kid broke his leg once so the lunch aides would give you a detention if you jumped...

anyone got any bicycle stories? i've got a few...

--i hit a squirrel on my bike once, i SWEAR i completely rode over it's back, because it looked like i flattened it...but it was fine, and ran off to the otherside of the road as if nothing had happened...me, i ended up in a ditch...

--i was riding around while trying to carry a small radio with one hand, and my shoelace got tangled around the pedal. i fell off the bike and landed in the street, throwing the radio forward. the radio skidded about 15 feet, but it didn't stop playing...it still works now, and since then it's been kicked down the stairs, fallen (or flown depending on which occasions) of a golf cart, had an entire glass of milk thrown into the speaker, fallen off tables, dresers, beds, any furniture it could have fallen off of...

--when i was about 12, a friend of mine had this dirt pile at his house, and a bunch of us would ride our bikes over to his house on a regular basis and spend hours using the dirt pile as a ramp. so one day we were all teasing this kid about liking some girl up the street, and while i was in mid air, i came up with some kind of stupid rhyme-thing making fun of him, but since i wasn't paying attention to where my bike was going to land, i had twisted the handle bars so that the front tire was perpendicular to the back tire, instead of being in line with each other...so instead of riding forwards after hitting the ground, i hit the ground and STOPPED, comepltely flipping over and flying into the ditch (there was a ditch they you'd land in if you jumped and then didn't stop soon enough)...needless to say the joke went from being on my friend about the girl up the street to my inability to do two things at once...

--this is fairly recent: i was riding from my dorm to the dining hall. the campus' physical plant department has done a pretty good job at blocking off places where they don't want cars driving, and it was dark, so instead of trusting any possibly impaired depth perception (due to the fact that it was dark), i decided to ride across this grassy area instead of slow down and squeeze between a large flower planter and a post...but, since it was dark outside, i didn't see that there was a chain blocking people like me from riding their bikes across the grass...so what did i do? i collided with the chain...fortunetly i didn't completly flip over the front of my bike, i just landed on the handlbars...

and i've had tons of other crashes that don't have much in the way of stories...

i'm really surprised i didn't get injured after appointing myself official test driver of the laundry basket/skateboard mobile...this was a laundry basket that some friends and i nailed to a skateboard and then procceeded to ride down a hill...

DML, oh, my god! Your hair caught on fire!

That would have scared the crap out of me!

One for the money
two for the show
three to get ready,

Ow. I'm sorry.

I've never done that, but what I have done is this (not really a klutz story here, but it relates to swings-it was still pretty stupid): we had these tire swings when I was in elementary school, and a bunch of kids had the bad habit of going on those and spinning around on them...right after lunch.

Yeah.

I did that one day, and felt fine the rest of the day-thought nothing of it.

Then that night, my mom and I had gone to the grocery store.

We're in the checkout line.

And in front of everyone...

I threw up all over the floor.

Yep.

As far as klutz-related stories on the playground...uh...I fell off the merry-go-round in elementary school once-and there were a lot of rocks in the area...and I scraped myself pretty good.

I also thought of another one today-my family had gone to Adventureland one time when I was little.

We're walking along this little brook.

And somehow, I manage to slip, and my ankle slides across a rather rough rock, and I got a pretty nice cut from that.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom