Ideas wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy1973

Refugee
Far away...this ship is taking me far away
I've recently bought myself a new car - its black and sporty and I :heart: it! All it needs is some personalised number plates to make it complete.

I was wondering if you all could help me out with ideas for a U2 related number plate.

I can have a combination of up to 5 letters and 1 number eg: abcde1 or up to 5 numbers and 1 letter eg a12345.

The letters have to come first tho.

I really can't come up with much - maybe U20000? I would like something a little more original than that tho, and I'm sure PLEBAns can help me out!!

:D

untitledmofo.jpg

:rockon:

How about BEDGE? :wink:

Seriously:
ZOOTV would be kind of fun!

I always wanted that one or "SO CRUEL" or "BOOMCHA." (We get a lot of leeway here in NC!)

I love the idea of HCHORD or ZOOTV1 or something. I guess the more obvious U2-related ones are probably taken already. I remember someone on the U2Australia list was trying to flog some U2 plates a few months ago. :rolleyes:

I dunno how much personalised plates cost... and my little jelly-bean car's not really special enough to warrant them. :) Do you have to pay extra rego every year with personalised plates?

OT... is there a story behind the H-chord thing? I only heard of it through one of the captioning threads... (Bono using the bug on Edge's beanie to spy on him or something... :laugh: )

Bono Mot said:
BONOT035

(It kinda looks like BONOTOES)

:reject:

:lmao: :lmao:

I should have been more specific. to get a cheap personalised plate, you can have 6 characters, but the letters have to come b4 the numbers.
If you pay more you can get up to 7 characters, in any order.

I like some of the ideas tho, keep em coming!!

^Ah! Hey, Mandy, do you have something there like we have in the U.S., which is the Department of Transportation web site? You can go on there and find out what tags are already taken. For example, I wanted to call my red hot ride some version of Salome, but all were taken. So I ended up unpersonalized. :(

Bono Mot said:
^Ah! Hey, Mandy, do you have something there like we have in the U.S., which is the Department of Transportation web site? You can go on there and find out what tags are already taken. For example, I wanted to call my red hot ride some version of Salome, but all were taken. So I ended up unpersonalized. :(

I'm too cheap to fork over the extra bucks for a "vanity plate", as they are called here. :(

^I plan on burying my last vanity plate (first and only one I've ever had!) in the yard. A giant Lexus SUV driver hit my wee car and did it a good death. For now, the plate is on my desk...went and stole it from the crash yard and declared it missing so it would be "retired." God, I loved that car. :sad:

Alisaura said:

I dunno how much personalised plates cost... and my little jelly-bean car's not really special enough to warrant them. :) Do you have to pay extra rego every year with personalised plates?

depends which kind of personalised plates you're after - I'm looking at the cheaper option (hence why only 6 characters and specific order) They are just a once of fee of $170 and you're limited to what colours you can choose. The custom plates you can have 7 characters, including spaces in whatever order you want and there are heaps of colours to choose from. Those you have to pay every year to keep.

Personalised:
personalised-plates-icon.jpg

Custom:
custom-plates-icon2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom