I wish i felt loved by Larry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry's Lover! said:
thank you meghan 4 showing that u believe in me.

Sorry, but I didn't really mean to show I believed you, I meant to show two sides to the arguement.
I've gotten myself into a habit from studying science to not make up an opinion until I know all necessary information reguarding the story.
In this case, I don't. So, no, I don't believe you, but I'm just not willing to say straight out, "You're lying."

If you show me REAL evidence that you have this relationship with Larry, then I will believe you. By evidence, I mean a picture of you -- with Larry on his bike/ you with Larry eating your risotto, or any other suitable picture. I'd also need a form of validation to show that it was in fact you in the picture.

In other words, I'm sorry, but you're probably not going to get me 100% on your side any time soon.
:shrug:

DILETTANTE said:

I felt uncomfortable reading your posts, and it took me a while to realize why. Most "meeting the band" posts that I've read have been about experiences people have had with band members -- when those band members are actively about the business of being public figures. If Larry is gracious enough to talk to fans after a show, I think that's fair game, and I'd love to hear about it in every tiny detail.
What made me uncomfortable is that things you've posted seem to be about experiences that Larry would have viewed as private and personal. Being himself, as opposed to being on public view as a member of U2. That, to me, is NOT fair game, and to my mind, should not be discussed in a public forum.
I know that we all have our own standards regarding what is private and what is not. I can only say that as a very private person, I'd be dismayed, hurt, and furious if someone I allowed into my private life discussed details about me in such a very public way.
I wrote this not to dump, but to clarify why some people may be reacting to your posts in ways that you may not have anticipated.

I like what you said...very much to the point. :yes: In a nutshell, Larry as was said is a very private person and would not take kindly to having his private life being discussed in a public forum like this. And if you are a friend of his you would know this. Also knowing this you wouldn't of posted here about him the way you did. So, I am sorry to say me included there are a lot of people here who do not believe your story. I would suggest keeping it to yourself in the future.

Larry's Lover and anyone else like that

it saddens me to have read what larry's lover wrote and i know a great many people feel the same. i shouldnt boss people about seeing as ive only just joined but i would like to warn people to be careful when they post something about band experiences beacuse ther will be repercussions otherwise. i hope larry's lover gets the message and does not write stuff like that again. i know this is a boring topic but i just wanted to make ot clear.
thanx
ultimateu2fan

Back
Top Bottom