I was interviewed on the news through a hole in my roof!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Yesterday was a bizarre day. :coocoo:

At 2:45PM as I was online talking to a friend when all of a sudden - SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! - I heard a loud thud come from the ceiling. Not even a minute after that began, my windows began shaking uncontrollably. The phone line and the electricity went out for a moment afterward.

Once all the chaos was over I ran over to my mom's bedroom to make sure that my mom was okay. She jolted to her feet as soon as I approached the door. My sister came running from the front door and told us that one of our neighbors said that a chunk of our roof is missing.

A local meteorologist said that a microburst of wind at about 50 to 60 miles per hour hit my house. It managed to pick up our blue recycling bin and toss it in a neighbor's yard which didn't do much damage. However, it did manage to take a chunk of our roof with it. The chunk of our roof landed on a neighbor's roof. It barely missed hitting his brand new truck by thismuch. Crazy stuff.

The neighbor that saw the whole thing unravel from her living room window called the local news.

Before the local news arrived my dad dropped by and took some pictures of the damage.

pict892.jpg

pict893.jpg

View from the attic.

pict896.jpg

pict898.jpg

After the local news van arrived the cameraman took some shots of the damage on the roof. The news reporter then interviewed each of us individually to give our version of what went down. Or up!

When it was my turn to be interviewed the reporter got a phone call about 10 minutes before the story had to go on the air.

Reporter: Would you like to be interviewed live? The production team said they'd rather use live footage.
Barbara: Oh, wow. Me? Really? ME?!
R: Yes! I need to run this through my head a little. I need to figure out where I'll be setting up the interview.
B: Hmm...*looks around* What about the roof?
R: Oh my gosh, that's brillaint. Is it safe to go up there?
B: Oh yeah. As long as we step on some boards in the attic we'll be fine.
R: Okay, great. Would your mother mind?
(Mother approves!)
R: Once we're up there we'll do a run through of the interview. You'll just be explaining to me briefly what happened earlier today.

During the run through I managed to forget my name and I nearly slipped on a board I was squating on. :der:

So, yeah, I was interviewed on the news through a hole in my roof!
newsgif.gif

:laugh:

The news reporter also popped out of the roof when it was her cue to go on the air. :lol:

I'll post screen caps from the news report in a second.

Here are some screen caps from the various news reports through out the day:

pict863.jpg

This is the reporter standing on the broken roof.

pict864.jpg

This was my first apperance in a quick pan shot of the house. I was informing the neighor folk about my genius roof interview idea here. :laugh:

pict868.jpg

The damage

pict866.jpg

The temporary solution.

pict873.jpg

The one that got away!

pict874.jpg

Neighbor's house where the chunk flew to. To the left of the picture you can see part of his red truck. Directly above it is where the chunk landed.

Great job QB! :applaud:

I'm glad no one was hurt. :yes:

We had hail stones the size of softballs to canteloupe melon size here in the Texas panhandle on Monday night! My boss has 7 holes in his roof where the hail went all the way through the house!! :eek:

I love the clip of you popping up through the hole in your roof :lol:

But seriously, sorry about your house though :( :hug: I'm glad everyone is okay and that no one was hurt :hug: Was there a storm before the microburst? That is freaky :yikes:

EP, I saw a little bit about the hail on the Today show - they mentioned how many automobile insurance claims there were because of the hail damage - lots of cars with windshields busted :(

Glad your all right. :)
That being said, I really enjoyed the video of you popping out of your roof to talk to the reporter:lol:. Are you giving autographs?:wink:

I'm sorry about the damage but the video cracked me up!

Sue DeNym said:
Scary stuff! I'm so glad nobody was hurt. Great video, though; that'll be one to show your grandkids! :D

Glad you and your family are OK!!
Glamourous popping through the roof:lmao:

How about starting with telling your children (before the grandkids that is):D

It's crazy that mere wind can do something like that to your house, isn't it? Good to hear that nobody was hurt-those noises would've scared me, too. :hug:.

Damaged ceilings aren't fun. I had to sleep in the living room for a long period of time earlier this year when my bedroom ceiling caved in due to all the snow we'd gotten. It was repaired a couple of months ago, thankfully.

MrsSpringsteen said:
That is awfully cute, that gif of you popping out there

:yes: :laugh:. And that's neat that you were interviewed, too.

Angela

:shocked: That is so freaky, and scary, yet cool. I'm glad everyone is okay. Queen Bee, you are the star! :)

bonosloveslave said:
That's a really big hole :ohmy: I've never heard of 'microbursts' before :scratch:

Glad you're ok :hug:

Microbursts are concentrated thunderstorms. Lots of wind and rain and possibly hail in a small area. Had one hit here a couple of years ago, tore a huge branch off our jacoranda tree.

wow, some experience! Yeah, glad no one was hurt!

Haven't seen the vid, but the still of your and the reporter was quite hillarious! :D

As I was reading at first I thought it was a meteorite, because I heard on some radio station not more than a few days before your thread that one of those went through someone's roof! :yikes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom