I was in Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
For about 8 minutes, by the phone. It was the most amazing, heartbreaking and funny minutes in a very, very, very long time.

I phoned my dear friend ZooGrl during the show and came in in the middle of New years day. It took a few seconds to hear what song it was but when I did Bono bursted out in one of his famous houlings from the bottom of his heart and I just started to cry. Sitting at my kitchentable, on the other side of the world, 9 hours ahead in time, ready to take in my breakfast and head for work, I got to be there, in Vegas at a U2 concert. How many gets the chance to start off the day with a U2 show, live brought home to your own kitchen???

New years day they played I will follow and I started to smile hearing ZooGrl screaming like a maniac. LOL From tears to laughter...

Just wanted to share those precious eight minutes with you girls. My life has been like hell the last couple of weeks and I've been wanting to go to NA so badly. I couldn't but at least I got to hear them live in concert over the phone and it was almost great enough.

Have a great day everybody, I'm sure gonna have it!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

smile.gif

I wish I was in Vegas...

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Let me say that I wish I was too...

Especially since they did Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Can't Help Falling in Love!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Ah! Wild Horses is my FAVORITE!!! I would have traded Please for Horses any day!!! Sick for not going to Vegas!

Fishy <><

------------------

tonight the moon is a mirrorball
light flickers from across the hall
who'll catch the star when it falls...

Looking at U2tours.com... it looks like it may have only been a snippet... but I still would have loved to have heard it!!!

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Ahhhh...I have onle been waiting like 9 years to hear Wild Horses, even if it is a snippet. I hope they play it in St. Louis!

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

That's cool Miss Zooropa, and how kind of you not to rub it in while you were there
wink.gif

I can't wait to hear more and I'm sure you'll have hot pics for us!!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Back
Top Bottom