I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably as much as I'm going to get done on this painting for a while. I have to sit down for a while and get his shirt done, that'll take forever. So here's the almost-finished product. :)

c0e23c84.jpg

Excellent painting General! Painting is so much harder than drawing for me. You are really good! He looks so cute :)

GeneralGripweed said:
Yeah Manda, the shading is amazing. Great job! :D

digsy, I'm curious. How do you do those paintings? I did something similar last year for school.

i design it using photosop to start with and then just copy the design onto canvas... for some of the really large ones, i'll use a projector to try keep the lines and detail as perfect as possible.

after that it's really just paint by numbers!

GeneralGripweed said:
This is probably as much as I'm going to get done on this painting for a while. I have to sit down for a while and get his shirt done, that'll take forever. So here's the almost-finished product. :)

c0e23c84.jpg

Brilliant painting!!!!:drool: Well done, wow he looks so awesome there!

Thank you very much bonocomet and U2 Beginner. The good feedback is very much appriciated. I don't get much from my art teacher.

And digsy, that's what I did as well. Except yours turned out better than mine. :p

GeneralGripweed said:

c0e23c84.jpg

Guh..........:drool: POP Edge :wink: This is truly amazing, when I draw U2, I always make them stick figures :wink: And don't listen to your art teacher :rockon: She is :crazy: :wink:

Art teachers never are very great..
always trying to get you down and stuff.. :nerd:

son´t listen to him/she! i love yr work :p

GeneralGripweed said:

c0e23c84.jpg

I love this, it's really great! I have to agree with the others, don't listen to your art teacher. My last one I had didn't want to give me the highest grade in her course because I didn't want to spend every minute making colour swirls to see how the colours mixed... And of course she had to tell me that! I would have been so satisfied with the next highest grade if I hadn't known that... :madspit:

ok here's the 2nd part of me drawing... it's not finished yet.. still have to do the mouth, face shading and the hair... altho I think Bono would be quite hot with platinum-blonde hair!!!!
and no, his cheekbones don't look THAT horrible in the drawing... it's the way my webcam decided to show them.,... I really need to get a new cam or a scanner... ><
every critic part is welcome ^^
rollingstoneflypicsketch21iu.jpg

GeneralGripweed said:

c0e23c84.jpg

Excellent! I'm not worth a damn as a figure drawer, that's why all of my paintings are abstract.

Galeongirl said:
ok here's the 2nd part of me drawing... it's not finished yet.. still have to do the mouth, face shading and the hair... altho I think Bono would be quite hot with platinum-blonde hair!!!!
and no, his cheekbones don't look THAT horrible in the drawing... it's the way my webcam decided to show them.,... I really need to get a new cam or a scanner... ><
every critic part is welcome ^^
rollingstoneflypicsketch21iu.jpg

That's looking great! I have nothing to critic other than his cheeckbones which you have explained, so keep it up and can't wait to see the finished piece! :D

GeneralGripweed said:
Thank you to everyone who has shared their kind words. I really appriciate the encouragement. :)
thanks to you....... also :wink:
Ï just wondered.. is the one you painted the same Edge as in your avatar?

Bono's looking great Gg!! Keep it up! I'm dying to start a new drawing but promised myself not to until I get my boring other stuff done first like doing my taxes... ug! Definitely not as fun as drawing the boys....

Galeongirl said:

thanks to you....... also :wink:
Ï just wondered.. is the one you painted the same Edge as in your avatar?

Not quite. I can't find the original picture of my avatar. :sad:

I used this one, which is extremely close.
edgepop.jpg

This is the biggest picture of my avatar that I have.
popedddge.jpg

oh I love all the colors :love:

also.. I am finished.. and I really need a scanner cuz my webcam makes it look horrible!!!!
actually.. I think it looks more like Pierce Brosnan than Bono... well at least it still is irish then :wink:
tell me what you think plz
rollingstoneflypicsketch30tr.jpg

GeneralGripweed said:
Just started on this one. That's not the entire thing, (he has a face and a head too!) but it's what I did so far.

edgeeyesyay.jpg

:shocked: wow... if you'd tell me it was a picture of Edge with photoshop painted effect I'd believe you at the second! the eyes look so real !

and thanks for the kind words everybody :reject: maybe I should start another one... the idea of drawing *the tub* has occured my mind... but it would be impossible... I mena... how can I draw something while watching THAT :drool: hmmm I'd sure love to draw The Fly... or maybe PopBono, since I haven't had that one yet... ok, Elevation either but PopBono is different :wink:

Need help. Just scanned the picture I drew after all this time, but how do I put it on here?

And GaleonGirl, Pop Bono is probably my favourite :drool: go ahead!!:wink:

U2 Beginner said:
Need help. Just scanned the picture I drew after all this time, but how do I put it on here?

And GaleonGirl, Pop Bono is probably my favourite :drool: go ahead!!:wink:
but I'm very picky in getting a good pic... :lol: it must be with hair tho.,.. I can't do the pop-chop! but I do love the short hair popchop.. just not the crew-cut! and preferably no shades...

also, if you want it here.. go to www.imageshack.us and upload it there... then it'll show you a shitload of links.. pic the lowest one,... copy it.. make a reply here, and above the text box in wich you type yoiur message you'll see a button with IMG on it... click on that... insert the link.. and voila ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom