I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SimplyConfused said:

Nah, I'm a UKian. North east. And it's the March part of the 2006 calendar. But an unoffical one.

Now, those who also draw; wow us with your many talents!!

Well I got that all wrong didn't I! Sorry thought your were Aussie cause we have a Newcastle too and I've only ever seen the unoffical one here. And it's in March, this just means I now have to stare at each month to memorize what picture goes where :wink:

Also, here's my Bono collage which I did last year.

bono2.jpg

And also The Edge lion, too CUTE! You have to do the other guys!.. I can picture Larry with a big greasy mane, yuck!

-Nikki

Edgy Thing said:

I draw.... :angel: But mostly lions. :whistle:
Drawn Bono and Edge, but Bono looks bad.. Cos I had newly gotten Photoshop back then.. But here's lionized Edge! :D
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20521285/
This is a n old pic.. Working on some new ones ;)
no waaay cool.. another interferencer with a deviantART account

there is not much U2 art around over there ...
I must fav this right now :)

heh the lion really cracked me up! nice drawings all! :D
ok here come mine... (they are made with webcam, I don't have a scanner)
Bono, I am sorry, but your nose was too big to fit the paper :reject:
bonodrawingamsterdam7cd.jpg

Edge: (messed up the shading of his beard.. )
drawingedge7vi.jpg

this was supposed to be Bono(that SNL picture) but it turned out err.. more flyish I think... a little pale.. a little skinny..
bonotheflydrawing8ma.jpg

from a crap green and white picture of the cover of Conversations..
bonobookdrawing1ib.jpg

any kind of critic is welcome... ^^

Galeongirl said:
heh the lion really cracked me up! nice drawings all! :D
ok here come mine... (they are made with webcam, I don't have a scanner)
Bono, I am sorry, but your nose was too big to fit the paper :reject:
bonodrawingamsterdam7cd.jpg

Edge: (messed up the shading of his beard.. )
drawingedge7vi.jpg

this was supposed to be Bono(that SNL picture) but it turned out err.. more flyish I think... a little pale.. a little skinny..
bonotheflydrawing8ma.jpg

from a crap green and white picture of the cover of Conversations..
bonobookdrawing1ib.jpg

any kind of critic is welcome... ^^

Wow! No critisism here! Those are amazing Gg!!! I especially like the 1st one. (poor nose!) But really it's really good. They all are. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Wow, Galeongirl, those rock! I really like the shading on the last one. Excellent job.

As for me and drawing, I haven't done any U2 yet. Just paintings. So those wouldn't really fit into this thread...

GeneralGripweed said:
Wow, Galeongirl, those rock! I really like the shading on the last one. Excellent job.

As for me and drawing, I haven't done any U2 yet. Just paintings. So those wouldn't really fit into this thread...
thanks for the nice words :reject:
oh I'd love to see them! Maybe we can make this the U2-Art thread ^^

Galeongirl said:

Maybe we can make this the U2-Art thread ^^

Exactly what I was thinking! :dancing:

I posted this in the Pop Bono thread, but I guess ti was the best place to put it...

bonopainting2.jpg

I'm not done yet, so it still looks kinda funny, but there it is! I did one more of him and two of Edge. And I hope to get working on more soon.

yeah I saw that one, it really looks cool!! finish it fast, I'm very curious for the result :D
are the others finished already?

Wow, cool pictures!!! Girls you are all so talented, really!!! I love this thread!! It is so hard to draw these guys... I made some myself, so I think I'm gonna scan and post :macdevil: :D

Gen. Gripweed, that is amazing! I haven't picked up the pencil & paper in a good 20 years... but you all are inspiring me so maybe I'll give it a try one of these days... the last band I sketched was Cheap Trick back in the 80's!

I dunno what's going on with this scanner... Just try to imagine it without the extra yellow :mad:

TMP1.jpg

VicksSs said:
I dunno what's going on with this scanner... Just try to imagine it without the extra yellow :mad:

TMP1.jpg
wow! very nice one!
that's why I like to see threads like this... see all the different styles of the persons here... and all so talented!!!

hehe this one is not finished, but I liked the idea of cutting colour papers... I'm a kid at heart :D (and still a bit at age too :) )

TMP2.jpg

Hey thanks GaleonGirl!!! :) Yeah, I love these threads too, they are so much fun!! :dancing:

Galeongirl said:
Maybe we can make this the U2-Art thread ^^

YES! WE MUST! Because firstly; we'd all get to see other people's takes on the guys, y'know what I mean, and secondly, it would mean that I started it! Heh heh...

Well, I'll be drawing Adam, Larry and Edge sometime this weekend, if I don't get sidetracked. Just don't post on PLEBA at all and I won't be lured here! Heh heh.

And GeneralGripweed, all I can say is WOW! Even if it ain't finished... *points at screen* She drew Bono, and he is HOT! Well done :clap: And GG!! I LOVE yours!! Especially the first one. And well done everyone else!! You be great! Mon...

bonocomet said:
Gen. Gripweed, that is amazing! I haven't picked up the pencil & paper in a good 20 years... but you all are inspiring me so maybe I'll give it a try one of these days... the last band I sketched was Cheap Trick back in the 80's!

Aww thank you! And YES, be inspired! We need some more U2 art in the world! :D

Here's one Edge painting. It looks... wrong to me yet. I'll post the other two when I upload them.

584c9e7d.jpg

And VicksSs, AWESOME idea. Wow, those look so great! Do more!

Last edited:
a-mole said:

no waaay cool.. another interferencer with a deviantART account

there is not much U2 art around over there ...
I must fav this right now :)

Yay! :D And I'm awtcing you too :angel: ;)

Galeongirl said:
are the others finished already?

Well... sorta. I get so far on them, then start another and never finish. But I DID finish this one!

bonopainting.jpg

This was my first, more experimental one. I shall post the last Edge one (which is slightly unfinished, go figure) tomorrow.

This is awesome guys! I absolutely love that there are others out there who love to draw/paint the boys as well. Looking forward to seeing much much more artwork! Gripweed your paintings are beautiful! I also know what you mean about starting one thing then never finishing it because you've gone and started another! I have a few pics were B's only got half a face :|. I drew a anime slashy pic a while ago, but it's uh not very appropriate for here, hehe. And does any one else have trouble drawing Bono's nose!?

-Nikki

GeneralGripweed said:

Well... sorta. I get so far on them, then start another and never finish. But I DID finish this one!

bonopainting.jpg

This was my first, more experimental one. I shall post the last Edge one (which is slightly unfinished, go figure) tomorrow.
:drool: That is awesome! The style of painting and the picture just fit together so well. :applaud:

vivalapopedge said:
He is the only U2 member that it makes sense for to put on a lion.
I made a (much less impressive) Larry lion, and it suited him just fine. :grumpy: Even their hairlines matched up almost exactly.

At the risk of dodgy-ing up this thread, I'll post my lil' art project.**

TheZoo.jpg

There is an extra one of Adam as a mole (diggin' in a hole) or something, but nobody could tell what it was, so I changed him into a prairie dog. And for the record:

Bono -- Howler Monkey (stealing honey from a swarm of bees.)
Edge -- Some sort of (intellectual) TorTOYse.
Adam -- Prairie Dog (diggin' in a hole - well, it shoulda been anyway)
Larry -- Looked stupid(er) as the singin' bird in an open cage, and I couldn't be :censored: thinking of another animal for him to be, and his head fitted so well on the lion, so a lion he became.

** I use the term 'Art Project' very loosely. It's really just something I made to be my sig at the Zootopia forum. I never go there though, so now it's just my tribute to u2/waste of space. :D

GeneralGripweed said:

Here's one Edge painting. It looks... wrong to me yet. I'll post the other two when I upload them.

584c9e7d.jpg

It looks wrong to you?? No way! That is probably one of the best likenesses I've seen of Edge yet, and for some reason he seems to be the most difficult to capture in art. But you've got him spot on. And your Bono's amazing too! I love them!

And yes VicksSs paper art is very nice too. This is great! A U2 art exhibit!! :)

Meghan said:

I made a (much less impressive) Larry lion, and it suited him just fine. :grumpy: Even their hairlines matched up almost exactly.

At the risk of dodgy-ing up this thread, I'll post my lil' art project.**

TheZoo.jpg

There is an extra one of Adam as a mole (diggin' in a hole) or something, but nobody could tell what it was, so I changed him into a prairie dog. And for the record:

Bono -- Howler Monkey (stealing honey from a swarm of bees.)
Edge -- Some sort of (intellectual) TorTOYse.
Adam -- Prairie Dog (diggin' in a hole - well, it shoulda been anyway)
Larry -- Looked stupid(er) as the singin' bird in an open cage, and I couldn't be :censored: thinking of another animal for him to be, and his head fitted so well on the lion, so a lion he became.

** I use the term 'Art Project' very loosely. It's really just something I made to be my sig at the Zootopia forum. I never go there though, so now it's just my tribute to u2/waste of space. :D

Meghan, that's AWESOME! xD I nearly fell off my chair laughing, seriosly! :lmao:
Great!

GeneralGripweed said:

584c9e7d.jpg

OMG he really looks like Edge... amazing!
vicksss your Edge's are pretty too.. I like all the colors :D
hm I do have about four unfinished Bono's here... all just the rough lines.. but I don't have time to continue... nor do I have the concentration... too much distraction! hm maybe I'll try a Fly one... or Macphisto.. but mac looks rather hard to me... ... wait.. maybe I could try *the* Fly pic... but I"m afraid that'd distract me way too much :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom