I want a U2 man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cali*gal said:
proud to say i've got a U2 man, yes ladies it's true, they do exist!! my boyfriend loves U2, maybe not as much as me, but he they are his favorite band and he always knows what is happening with them and when they will be on. and he always watches every interview and things like that with me. we live apart right now so he will call me to tell me when he hears a new song or sees something about them on the news. it's so cute, and we are going to ireland for our honeymoon next summer and we are going to hunt down U2 together, like a honeymoon scavenger hunt, well that is not all we will be doing *looks around shiftily* but just thought i'd let you all know there is hope.

hehe that is so cool!! lucky you! congrats! :D

don't we all?

*cough* especially if that "u2 man" IS u2?

*pretends to make sense*

i wish there were more true u2 men around here....the only ones i know taught me english in high school :huh:

*high five for the english department*

Stories for Boys said:
the only ones i know taught me english in high school :huh:

:lmao:
I like that I'm REALLY amused by this.
Then again the same is true for me since...I...went...to high school...with...you. yeah. :der:

"Wife, we have to go to Target!"
*pretends to make sense some more*

My boyfriend is a pretty good U2 man... he has all the albums, been to many shows...

Ironcially he's seen me for the first time when I was onstage with Bono... when he found out, he freaked out, he thought it was such a great moment of the show because Bono was being so close to a fan.

Anyway, it's fun to be with someone who understands what it is to be fanatic :)

groovcat said:

Pheewww ... I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go through that - to realize the moment "they're" looking at you with that "you're a freak" face because you start talking about the different eras of U2 and how your new 12/30/89 bootleg rocks because of the passion and set list because U2 don't play some of those songs too often and what a treat it is to hear it and how that recording is good, but really my favorite recording is the Adelaide Zoomerang show because the song Dirty Day is amazing and the way Bono sings WOWY is the most passionate I have ever heard and omg - have you seen Bonos beard? I don't like it that much but remember when he shaved his head? The opposite of a beard (kinda) I thought that was hot. ... people make fun of Bono's mullet, Bono makes fun of his 80's mullet, but it's all part of a growth process, i think - like the song Kite. It's such a beautiful story that Bono at first thought he wrote for his kids but after his father passed he changed his mind and said, the day after his dad died, onstage in London, that his father wrote it for him and it was such a touching moment. ... oh, sorry, did you mean that you "liked U2" if you heard them on the radio, but didn't really "like" U2?

get it?:wave: :yes:

you launch into a whole big long fuckin SPEECH on why some moderatly obscure b-side is your favourite song at the time (and i mean DETAILED. like down to every drumbeat, every guitar note, every word in the lyrics, how the rhythm of the bass line is just that slight bit funkier), and they look at you all funny and go, "oh that bono guy is THEIR singer?"

:tsk:

i mean honestly...what's so scary about a poster of bono with his legs apart hung over my bed?? :sexywink:

actually..it fell one too many times and it kind of freaked me out, so i had to take it down...but i still have a random picture of buffalo next to my head when i sleep...:der:

Back
Top Bottom