I Try to Sing This Song....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"...peeling off those dollar bills; slappin' em downnn....ONE HUNDRED! TWO HUNDRED!"

"Youuuuur eyyyyesss make a circle, I see you when I gooooo innnn herrrrrrre..."

"I'm wiiiiiiiiiide aw-aaaaake...."

"MonDAY mornnning, eighteen years are dawnnnnnning...."

"I will be with you againnnnnn"

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I sing the gee-tar part in the beginning of Elevation, too

weer-weer worng worng
weer-weer worng worng

thump thump

woo-oo!
woo-oo!

Dont feel bad, you did it so well, I could hear it in my head...LOL! I also make up dances to the bass lines, which unfortantely, I can't post here...

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

What a great thread ... My family has been known to tease me relentlessley for singing U2 songs at full volume.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by DML:
Dont feel bad, you did it so well, I could hear it in my head...LOL! I also make up dances to the bass lines, which unfortantely, I can't post here...
O good!
<~~~~~~~not the only weirdo here!
wink.gif

I forgot this one:
"And I KNOW it aches, how your heart it breaks!" (WO)

------------------
~*Mona*~
WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

"She's the promise in the year of election, sister I can't let you go, like a preacher stealing hearts in the traveling show." That one, I tend to sing at full volume in the shower...lol.

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Unforgettable Fire!!! I love that song, and best of all it's up there in the girly range where I can belt it out. And Bono's voice sounds amazing. I wish they did that one live.

Mine:

How long to sing this song (40)
E-LE-VA-TION!
If you walk away walk away I walk away walk away... I will follow
In the name of love ! What more in the name of love! (PRIDE)

Walk on by, walk on through so sad to besiege your love so head on (The Unforgettable Fire)

I can't wait any longer, can't wait 'til I'm stronger (When I look at the World)

Desire!

No one no one is blinder than he who will not see no one no one is blinder than me (I threw a brick through a window)

Wipe your tears away! Wipe your blood shot eyes...(SBS)

I can't remember all of them, but these are quite a few...
smile.gif

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

*And if the mountain should crumble
Or disappear into the sea
Not a tear
No, not I...*

What a great thread!

1) Oh, oh...On borderland we ruuunnnnnnn! (ASOH)
2) If you wanna kiss the sky, better leaern how to kneel..On your knees boy! (MW)
3) And you know it aches and your )pause) heart it breaks..

You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom, oh oh! (WO)

4)Oh great ocean, oh great sea, run to the ocean, run to the sea (OTH)

5) All of WGRYWH

6)Zooropa, let's go, let's go overground....get your head out of the mud baby

7) Oh oh oh, THE SWEETEST THING!

ANd for some strange reason, the ONLY song I will sing into my hairbrush is STAY (Faraway, so close. Up with static and the radio/with satellite television you can go anywhere/Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and TORONTO!)

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-05-2001).]

<---weer weer worng worng....

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Uh-oh.......

I just got invited to my friend's birthday party, and she's having it at a bar, and it's on......

Karaoke Night!!!!!!

Get to show off my singing skills.... any song suggestions? (I'll do anything, even the really embarassing ones....)

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
...a little girl with Irish eyes...

~?~*~?~ Life, Love & Larry ~?~*~?~
What more could you ask for?

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Uh-oh.......

I just got invited to my friend's birthday party, and she's having it at a bar, and it's on......

Karaoke Night!!!!!!

Get to show off my singing skills.... any song suggestions? (I'll do anything, even the really embarassing ones....)

!!!! OMG! That's so cool!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Uh-oh.......

Karaoke Night!!!!!!

How 'bout party girl!!

I think I know what she wants...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
whose sounds caress my ear...*

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
Unforgettable Fire!!! I love that song, and best of all it's up there in the girly range where I can belt it out. And Bono's voice sounds amazing. I wish they did that one live.

How could I forget this one...I love Unforgettable Fire, it is one of my favorite songs to sing out loud too...
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
How could I forget this one...I love Unforgettable Fire, it is one of my favorite songs to sing out loud too...
smile.gif

LMAO @ the thought of me even trying to sing that one.

Jodys mum- quick help. I think someone's strangling the cat upstairs.

Originally posted by Jody:

LMAO @ the thought of me even trying to sing that one.

Jodys mum- quick help. I think someone's strangling the cat upstairs.

LOL...I am sure I sound like a screaming cat while singing this or any song...But it is a lot of fun to belt out while I am sitting in traffic( A Sort of Homecoming is fun to sing out loud also)...My cd player in my car is loaded with U2 Cd's...so I am constantly having U2 karaoke time in my car...I am sure i have provided a lot of people on the road some good laughs..
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
it is a lot of fun to belt out while I am sitting in traffic...My cd player in my car is loaded with U2 Cd's...so I am constantly having U2 karaoke time in my car...I am sure i have provided a lot of people on the road some good laughs..
smile.gif

*needs a CD player in the car* Wouldn't want to be responsible for people swerving off the road when they stare at me though.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom