I think im too obsessed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger_luver64

Acrobat
I dont know if this goes here cause its about U2 but its kinda not, lol.
I think im too obsessed with U2. I love them so much, but i think im starting to annoy people because all i do is talk about U2 and Edge. My dad yelled at me the other night cause i wouldnt shut up about Edge and he said i ruined U2 for him. I cried so bad, but i cant give them up or take a break ive tried, i feel wierd when i dont listen to them... lol. I dont know, maybe it would have been better if i never would have known who they were. Oh and i try not to talk so much about them too, they just pop out of my mouth...lol.

U2Kitten said:
Welcome to the club! :happy:
i'll second that :p don't worry about it! they're a great band that makes great music, and of course they're 4 really cool guys ^_^ and as for talking about them- at school i'm known as the "obsessed with u2 girl". the other day a girl i've never seen or talked to before came up to me and asked if i knew that Bono was coming to philly...strange. o_O

Thats strange but cool, at least people know who u are lol,at my school nobody knows me im a loser lol. oh well. But all my friends and people i know all know me as the girl who loves old guy, lol.

Welcome to the club! My family thinks I'm crazy. They've been asking me why I'm a fan for twenty years. But they've learned to accept it, because they know I'm not giving them up.

tiger_luver64 said:
Thats strange but cool, at least people know who u are lol,at my school nobody knows me im a loser lol. oh well. But all my friends and people i know all know me as the girl who loves old guy, lol.

That's like me.

But, uh, sometimes I think U2 is not really healthy for me. :shifty: That maybe I get too excited about it. Don't get me wrong. I still love them, though.

They're obviously not good for me cause i get horrible grades in school, but its not U2 its just that i love music and im too lazy to do my homework lol. And when i say horrible i mean it. Hehe

I wasn't exactly a great student because I got too blasted nervous for exams and am generally lousy under pressure. It had nothing to do with being a U2 fan, trust me! I think being a fan actually helped me deal with the pressure, which was absolutely hellish in allied health school. It gave me a bit of an escape that was healthy. I'd listen to the music and look at pictures, etc, etc, and that took some of the tension out of school. In the end the damn pressure at the *job* I got after school ended my hospital-work career and I ended up getting a degree in history.
Sorry, I'm rambling. :reject: :help: :banghead: :censored:

Aw, that was kinda harsh on your dad's part, tiger_luver64...:hug:.

Anywho...:wave:...another obsessed person here. :yes:. My parents have made comments about it on occasion, too. Not to the extent your dad did, but they've made comments nonetheless. I didn't get good grades in math class last year, but I don't think it had to do with my U2 fandom, either-it was more or less just because geometry is effin' hard, man (I hated that class, I am so glad to be done with it).

People aside from my family definitely know that I'm a U2 fan, though...I've had people tell me that they heard U2 songs in class or on the radio or saw some U2-related thing on TV and thought of me. :). One day, during a school activities event, I'd brought some of the CDs with me, and one of my friends noticed them, and I think I kinda scared them, LOL.

And despite the occasional comment, my family is overall pretty cool about them-my dad loves their music and we get into conversations about them and listen to their music together and stuff sometimes, and my mom still gets me magazines or sends me things from her Yahoo! clubs that may have something to do with U2 (for instance, she sent me a post from her club in which a guy said that U2 rocks. Just a mere post). And my sister will watch some of my things with me or ask to listen to some of the CDs or something, too. So that makes me feel better.

I'll admit that sometimes I'll go a little overboard, but...*Shrugs*. Who doesn't from time to time? :D.

Angela

Last edited:
Yeah, I am 13 and part of this group! Anytime I'm with my family or even other people I bring U2 up. I sleep in the whole day oneday and my sister joked around with me and said Bono stopped by. It was kinda of funny though. It knida stinks that my parents don't like U2. But if a U2 C.D. hits stores they would give it to me in a second! I made my mom watch the E.BT.T.R. music video and she got sick! {LOL!} Hey, don't feel bad we're all basically oppessed fans here!

everyone knows i'm a U2 fan, my mom wont let me talk to her about them cuz she says it's too distracting from my school work. on the other hand my english teacher is a huge U2 fan who spent the better part of two 80 min english classes talking to me about them :D

Those teachers sound cool! :D.

Heh, my Advanced Speech/World Literature teacher actually agreed to try and get time off to take me and anyone else who was interested to hear Bono speak when he did his heartland tour, should any tickets still have been availiable or something. Unfortunately, the one we were looking towards going to was a private event and tickets were sold out and stuff, so we didn't get to go. But just the fact that she would've tried to get it so she could take me was pretty cool in and of itself. :). She knew I was a fan and everything, too-I think I made that rather clear during the school year :uhoh:...

Angela

lol... i know how you feel, but the first step is admitting you have a problem.

"hi my name is kim and i'm a u2-a-holic."

*passes flashlight*

lmao :)

Dont worry about it, you are not alone.
I personally dont like the word obsessed as I believe we are all victims of a U2 conspiracy, Bono being the mastermind, and we are all being led into some strange world of peace love and beauty where once you enter there is no way back only many glorious years of exciting unknown journeys and amazing self discoveries.
So sit back let go and surround yourself with every fleeting moment of ecstasy that greets you. Open your heart and mind and drown in the passion, allow yourself to indulge in the oneness of it all and above all dont listen to those who unfortunately have not been "called" yet.

U2 :heart:

do you all get highly excited and emotional listening to every u2 song, and sometimes certain songs u2 keep playing over and over in your head like a non stop jukebox, and even listening to them that way gives you a high???? I love having Bono's voice in my head, I get giddy thinking about how wonderful their music is:ohmy: :drool: :huh:

Yeah i'm one of the clan as well LOL....

I was extremely obsessed like a couple of years ago...now it's not as bad but still obsessed. My mom used to call Larry her son-in-law as well LOL. But I got really awful grades and basically dropped out of my University because of U2 :huh: (and my addiction to Interference). Basically i'd go to the university but not go to class cos i'd be too intrested in what was going on in PLEBA or even the chat.

I had a teacher in High School that was so obsessed with U2 as well, she'd make us analyze poems by Paul Hewson...of course only a few of us knew that it was actually U2 songs LOL. I saw her at the PopMart show in San antonio smoking pot :ohmy: Now that was funny

ME2U2 said:
I personally dont like the word obsessed as I believe we are all victims of a U2 conspiracy, Bono being the mastermind, and we are all being led into some strange world of peace love and beauty where once you enter there is no way back only many glorious years of exciting unknown journeys and amazing self discoveries.
So sit back let go and surround yourself with every fleeting moment of ecstasy that greets you. Open your heart and mind and drown in the passion, allow yourself to indulge in the oneness of it all and above all dont listen to those who unfortunately have not been "called" yet.

That is beautiful!!! :bow:

Take me away,Bono!:love:

Like a preacher selling hearts at a traveling show
for the love of Bono,Larry,Edge and Adam,Bono,Larry,Edge and Adam......
Desiiiiiiire!!!!

ME2U2 said:

That's a really cool way of putting it. :). Kinda makes you get the image of Bono holding a watch in front of our faces and hypnotizing us or something (no, wait, he does that with his eyes, LOL).

annj, yes, I get that feeling quite often. :yes:.

PLEBA is like one big support group or something...although it does more to support our obsessions growing rather than trying to control them, but...:p ;).

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl
I had a teacher in High School that was so obsessed with U2 as well, she'd make us analyze poems by Paul Hewson...of course only a few of us knew that it was actually U2 songs LOL.

:laugh: :D...that is freakin' awesome! :up:.

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl
I saw her at the PopMart show in San antonio smoking pot:ohmy: Now that was funny

Oh, my, indeed...I wouldn't know how to react if I saw one of my teachers doing that...that'd be quite a shock...

Angela

annj said:
do you all get highly excited and emotional listening to every u2 song, and sometimes certain songs u2 keep playing over and over in your head like a non stop jukebox, and even listening to them that way gives you a high???? I love having Bono's voice in my head, I get giddy thinking about how wonderful their music is:ohmy: :drool: :huh:
Oh! When I here Edge playing his guitar and singing his backing vocals! I get all fluttery and stuff! Oh I get so happy! U know if it wasnt for Edge I would still not like the guitar. But yea.

Let's see:scratch: ...am I obsessed with U2?
I listen to them every day, visit a website devoted to them ,my man strongly resembles Bono but he doesn't know it and I ..:uhoh:...oh dear :uhoh:...... I guess I am obsessed with U2!!...:ohmy:

ME2U2 said:

That's a great way to put it. I've been a fan for 20 years. I don't know that I've been *obsessed* the whole time, I have always done non-U2 things also, but they're never far away, no matter what I'm doing. I'll sing U2 songs in my head when I'm wearing a costume at the medieval re-enactment festival and other such things......when I'm shelving books at work..........etc, etc.

verte76 said:

That's a great way to put it. I've been a fan for 20 years. I don't know that I've been *obsessed* the whole time, I have always done non-U2 things also, but they're never far away, no matter what I'm doing. I'll sing U2 songs in my head when I'm wearing a costume at the medieval re-enactment festival and other such things......when I'm shelving books at work..........etc, etc.

I sometimes wake up with a U2 song in my head :lol:

Earlier this week it was the last part of "Into the Heart" and a few weeks ago, I distinctly remember taking my morning shower and getting ready for work while "Seconds" played in my head :)

It takes a second to say goodbye, say goodbye, oh oh oh . . .

try getting that out of your head as it plays over and over :huh: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom