I think I'm offended........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
***I don't know if this is going to make any sense to anyone here.....but to avoid having a panic attack, I probably should let it all out......***

I think I'm offended by Naomi Campbell....
(Maybe offended is the wrong word)
I am 100% intimidated by her and her history with Adam. Let's say the magical moment happened and I actually met Adam (in a fan-celebrity setting, in a market, outside his house, outside the studio, whatever) why would Adam Clayton give a rats a** about me?? I am just a fan,(let's take this a step further.....) I'm a girl, I don't compare in the smallest field to the supermodel that he was going to marry, so why should he give me the time of day....

I don't know why this came over me, but all of a sudden I don't feel so good about myself....and I'm really angry at superhooch.
Sorry girls, I had to vent.....
What the hell is wrong with me??

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I don't know why this came over me, but all of a sudden I don't feel so good about myself....and I'm really angry at superhooch.

hey, girl *hugs*

I?m sure that when you?ll meet Adam,he will be really nice to you and see, that you?re a true fan. I think that he learned his lessons about supermodels and knows, that they?re no good.

Don?t feel bad about yourself, ok? You?re my sis, ok?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sparky Love!!!!!!!
icon17.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Thanks AM.....I feel better.....

*inadequate! That's the word I was looking for! That's how I feel......inadequate as a woman compared to Naomi Superhooch......
darnit, now I feel like poop again.......

Don't feel inadequate, looks aren't everything, from what I've heard she's a real sh*tty person. True beauty is from within, I know it's easier said and sometimes hard to believe. If you are happy with your life and who you are, you got more beauty than she will ever have.

Please don't fall into the trap that the media has set, that if you are not a size 0 and have "physical perfection" you are no good.

Believe in who you are, embrace it, love it and others will love it too.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

No one should feel in adequate compared to Superhooch for a number of reasons:

1) Look at her now. She's in rehab for drug usage. Anyone who's kept themselves clean has something to be proud of.

2) Adam and she are no longer together. That should make you feel better...obviously something was incompatible between them or they would still be together!

3) She's a supermodel. There are very few supermodels in the world. And there's a reason. Because we only need a few people to model clothes. You should be proud to be a real woman living in the real world. I'm sure Adam would appreciate that more than someone who lives an enchanted life. Hell, if I was a rock star, I'd want someone who was real, who hadn't been jaded by the money and fame!

Anyway, no reason to feel bad about yourself, you are so much better than Superhooch!

And just remember...they're not together anymore!
wink.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

No way Mrs.Clayton! Seeing the way Adam treats fans, from anecdotes I've seen here and elsewhere, he is just SO NICE and respectful. Just look at the smile on his face w/ Cat.
smile.gif
It just shines through in that pic, and others, imo.

I missed out on him when I met Larry and Bono
frown.gif
, and I was disappointed.

If you are to compare yourself to anyone, just please don't let it be her.

Ive had it w/ women comparing themselves to 'supermodels' or anyone else for that matter. We all have our own unique and special qualities that make us great-and I bet Adam feels that way too. That's one main reason I love them all so much-the respect they have for women, unlike some 'rock stars'.

Ladies thank you so much........I was seriously having a bit of a fit right here in front of the computer.......

I really do feel better.
Thanks again...

I don't think he'd ever judge someone by how they look. Not really. He had a crush on Naomi since she was beautiful and in the public spotlight, sure. Then he met her... And you know what happened! DON'T ever feel like Naomi is better than you in any way.
mad.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by mad1:
And another ting Mrs Clayton, to us ur are miles nicer on the inside than she ever is......

smile.gif

That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me...........
Thank you

I wouldn't trade places with superhootch for one second, even it meant having Adam...obviously having it all does not include happiness. I would bet that she doesn't have a single, good trusted friend she can count on and the people she surrounds her with are all paid to be there or there for the publicity factor. I would hate to leave a room and have everyone talk about what a crazy bitch I am or make fun of me, which I'm sure happens to her quite often.

Mrs. Clayton, think of the people you have in your life who love you dearly for who you are and not because you pay them to love you. You don't want to be judged by your looks because looks fade and in the end, Naomi will probably be a very lonely has-been but you will be surrounded by people who treasure you.

Don't compare yourself to anyone, let alone a supermodel. That is an impossible goal for 99% of the female population anyway! Naomi may be beautiful on the outside, but she's rotten on the inside.

I think where Adam was concerned, that was just him living out the typical male fantasy and I think he learned (hopefully) that you can't base a long-term relationship on supermodel looks alone.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:

I think where Adam was concerned, that was just him living out the typical male fantasy and I think he learned (hopefully) that you can't base a long-term relationship on supermodel looks alone.

I sure hope that's true!
Thank you.......

I'm sure Adam learned that looks aren't everything the first time around... Hon, I used to think the exact same thing about myself sometimes too. Adam's too wonderful a person (the perfect being, no less!) to not see past looks. I mean look at him, personally I think Lardence is much more physically attractive than Adam. It's his inner self that makes my heart belong to him
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Don't think twice about superhooch!
*big sexy pleba girl hug*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

uh oh...looks like someone needs a few adam piccies to reconvince her that adam loves her though they've never met.

*runs off giggling to her snapfish account*

*runs off giggling to make stills too*

*cough* i'll be back!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

On the Edge said: I don't think he'd ever judge someone by how they look. Not really. He had a crush on Naomi since she was beautiful and in the public spotlight, sure. Then he met her... And you know what happened! DON'T ever feel like Naomi is better than you in any way.

I could not have put it better myself! And don't worry, Mrs C, you're a cool lady and if some guy (even adam) can't see that, then he doesn't deserve you anyway. But I'm pretty sure adam would see. He wears those AdamGlasses and all *is pelted with tomatoes by PLEBAns for bad pun* and they allow him to see into people, into their very nature and being I say!

I perhaps need a nap...

(((MRS CLAYTON))) <---one cool adamfan
cool.gif

edited because of an awkward sentence

[This message has been edited by Bbug (edited 04-19-2002).]

Originally posted by Lilly:
uh oh...looks like someone needs a few adam piccies to reconvince her that adam loves her though they've never met.

*runs off giggling to her snapfish account*

*runs off giggling to make stills too*

*cough* i'll be back!

That would be nice.....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Isn't *she* not allowed in Canada or something? I thought I read something about the fact that she could be arrested if she goes back there...maybe that was just a dream though...
So, by my great arithmetic skills, you are better than *her* because (drumroll please)
-she is not allowed in Canada
-I'm assuming you are
hence, if A=B and B=C, A=C and therefore you are better than her!
...whaddya mean my fuzzy math makes no sense? I dunno what yer talking about...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

Originally posted by Ultraviolet Light:
Isn't *she* not allowed in Canada or something? I thought I read something about the fact that she could be arrested if she goes back there...maybe that was just a dream though...
So, by my great arithmetic skills, you are better than *her* because (drumroll please)
-she is not allowed in Canada
-I'm assuming you are
hence, if A=B and B=C, A=C and therefore you are better than her!
...whaddya mean my fuzzy math makes no sense? I dunno what yer talking about...
biggrin.gif

Why thank you!
Yes, I am permitted to enter Canada...

mrs c...i've often felt very similar to the way you were...i mean exactly the same...not just about adam too. then i came to the following conclusions (to add to aforementioned comforting statements):

1. the best thing you can do is be confident. confidence sends out good vibes.

2. if someone doesn't like you for you, they're not worth YOUR time.

3. our society is absolutely convinced that you need to be petit, a twig, and gorgeous to be worth anyone's time. in my experience (being 6 ft, and anything BUT petit) the best people i know are not obsessed with the views of society. i 'member a quote that said "don't read beauty magazines cause they will only make you feel ugly." i live by that quote and as a result i am a much happier person. culture is superficial...be better than that.

finally, mrs c, i may not know you well, but i'm behind you all the way. we are all in this life together, so we'd better stick together. if adam EVER did anything horrible to someone like you, i'd never even find him remotely attractive again. you rock girlie!

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Wow girls....you turned this really odd, crazy sort of weird hormonal day (acutally it was only a few hours) into a really good day.
I think I tend to open up in here more than I should....but I guess that means I'm comfortable with you all. I've had a few "outbursts" here lately...... Sometimes I can't say things to my family or my friends, but I can tell all of you, my Interference friends, and you make me feel 100% better.
Today was the perfect example....hugs to everyone.....you all made my day.
Thank you........

Hey, Mrs. Clayton,

If it makes you feel any better, Naomi is a dunderhead who ran into a glass door. All Adam had to say about it (because she had previously pitched a fit with the chef in the kitchen of the hotel) was, "that'll straighten her out." LOL

Don't be so hard on yourself. How do you think I feel about Larry? I know he wouldn't look twice at me. However, I think he sees genuine kindness in people when he does meet them - he just doesn't like bullshitters, which is fine by me. I think Adam's a bit more laid-back and goes with the flow. He likes the ladies, and for that, you've got it made.
smile.gif
Eh, I'm just babbling here.... don't mind me.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom