I swear to God I'm just going to drop out of School!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
I really am.
Two of my profs can barely speak English, another doesn't give a flying f*ck if he supplies us with enough books or not, another has all but outright said she hates us all and she should really be on anti-psychotics. Another is a wacked out, half baked hippie with a photographic memory who thinks that everyone else has the same kind of memory and he can therefore just test us on any OBSCURE fact in the book. Every week.
I am ready to give up.
Why am I paying THEM to do this to ME?
Sigh.
I was burnt out about four months ago and I was stupid enough to push myself over the edge (so to speak) with a very intensive hard science semester.
Point Being....Cheer me the Hell up! I need some PLEBA lovin'.
Caption those pics ladies.
If you need me, I'll be in the oven.
-Blue

Oh, poor baby!
*sends Bluey a cyber hug*
Please, don't fall down. I know you can do it. Listen to me: I dropped out of school many moons ago, and now it's the only thing I regret in my life. You have to be strong, dear. Please hang on, everything will go just fine.

And I have a question, Bluey: The teachers are the ones giving you a bad time??? If so, why don't you try to change school or something?? There must be something to do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ponder about it.

Ana
Listen to some U2, how'bout Zooropa??
smile.gif

Blueeyes I know just how you feel.

I FAILEd my calc test. and I studied HARD. I don't understand...
I have a Bio test on Friday...the last avg. for Bio was 48%...what does THAT say?

Don't do anything you'll regret. It'll all be worth it when you're a doctor...
*big hugs*

Cheer up...think about an elevated Bono...

And so the collective PLEBAN sigh begins...

*stands on the verge of the dropout cliff*

You know... pushing the "drop" button really looks good right now.

I can't believe this... *sighs* I'm probably getting the best grades of my career... yet I can't write these two bloody papers!

------------------

it's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

SlipStream Soul

From the lips of Bono:

Stuck In A Moment (You Can't Get Out Of)

I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can't throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling, look at you
You gotta to stand up straight, carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere, baby

You got to get yourself together
You got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake, the colors that you bring
But the nights you fill with fireworks
They left you with nothing
I'm still enchanted by the light you brought to me
I still listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough, and you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now... my oh my

I was unconscious, half-asleep
The water is warm till you discover how deep...
I wasn't jumping... for me it was a fall
It's a long way down to nothing at all

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

------------------

it's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

SlipStream Soul

ah, crying... trust me... that's all I've been doing... my brain's become a useless piece of mush... I cried till it hurt and then some. Apparently it didn't write my term papers for me...

------------------
Along that stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

SlipStream Soul

Aww, thanks so much you guys!
It's good to know I'm not the only one ready to call up the registration system and hit the magical drop button.
I know what you mean Jtree, I had a crying jag before an exam tonight...great timing. I walked in looking mighty unglamourous if I say so myself. I really really hate crying. It messes with the makeup you know.
I know what you mean about marks, my marks are pretty good right now, but I just feel like a huge failure.
I'll make you a deal Jtree, I won't quit if you won't. If we both quit, we will "Themla and Louise" it and drop at the same time. Hopefully we won't. Don't quit, you are so close, really. Look at me, I could have another decade of this. Btw, the thought that Hell could be a perpetual Chemistry Lab is what keeps me a good person.
Thanks for the song. I got in my car to go to class tonight and it started as soon as I drove away (and turned up all by itself Lol...my car stereo is possessed!).
Ana, thanks for your concern. I will be fine, I just need a little push every now and then.
You guys are great, and I feel better reading these.
UV299, Sweetest_Thing, Jtree...you'll all be okay. Just remember,the bell curve is your buddy.
Thanks again,
-Bluey

Bluey I feel your pain, really girl. Right now school's got me so completely unmotivated I have 3 papers that are late. And guess what I don't give a rats ass. And no I wasn't always like this, in fact I used to be pretty studious. It's just like you I've grown extremely disillusioned with the school system. Like Matt Damon said in Good Will Hunting, you pay thousands of dollars for an education you could've gotten for a couple of bucks in overdue library charges. All for a fucking piece of paper after 4 years of having teachers dictate to you what books to read then testing you as to whether you MEMORIZED the info. The world is so fecking backwards, my head spins to just think about it. You wanna know the worst? I technically don't even need a major for what I want to work with (film) it just happens to be safe route in case I don't make it in. So if you feel you're in a hole, consider me in an Abyss.

I think I read somewhere you want to be a doctor, unfortunately this leaves you no choice but to suck it in and take the torture. But you can make it easier on yourself and REALLY look into another school. Cause if it's the professors you're bumping heads with then you do have a choice just make sure you speak to some before transferring to another school and making the same mistake.

I don't know but if you want to be miserable, we can be miserable together.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Sounds good mbi..you, me, jtree...Vegas baby.
It goes deeper than just profs, like you said it's the whole concept of it. The wasted money for a credential. I mean, for a doctor...yes, the M.D. is important. But I'm not even sure if that's the road I want to take anymore.
When I was growing up I never knew what I wanted to be (except for a super famous singer/ rockstar etc...but that's every kid's dream). I knew who I wanted to be, what kind of person...but I didn't think about what I was going to do in the mean time. I guess I feel a lot of pressure to go into Med School. Mostly self - imposed. I don't know. It's martini time.
-Bluey

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I'll make you a deal Jtree, I won't quit if you won't. If we both quit, we will "Themla and Louise" it and drop at the same time. Hopefully we won't.

HA HA HA - I have 2 weeks and a bit till the end of this semester... I just have to make it till Friday... my goal right now it just to make it till Friday...

*~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~

Sgt. Larry: I said 2 term papers! *looks at the paper J-Tree handed him*
J-Tree: buh-buh-butt!
Sgt. Larry: Don't be looking at me arse, young lady! *squints at the term paper* YOU CALL THIS A TERM PAPER!!! *pushes J-Tree down* GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 1 MORE!!! AND TRY THIS TIME!!! *Larry snarles and walks over to a panicking blueeyes*

*Larry gives blueeyes the up and down*
Sgt. Larry: So you wanna be a doctor aye? *Larry paces back and forth*
Blueeyes: *nodds*
*Larry pulls out Blueeyes' last exam*
Sgt. Larry: You see this? *points at Blueeyes' grade* Do you know where it came from?
Blueeyes: My head. *blueeyes crosses her arms defiantly*
Sgt. Larry: Good. *Larry sticks his face right up to Blueeyes' and grumbles* SO DON'T WASTE IT!!!
*Larry, now proficiently chuffed up, marches out of the room*

*~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~

So um.. yeah, what was I saying again? Oh yeah, that I'd hate to be Larry's kids!
wink.gif

------------------
Along that stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 11-21-2001).]

Bluey: JT, I think your toilet's broken again... it doesn't stop flushing.
JT: No bluey, that's my degree being put to use!

*bah-dum ching!*

Yes, this is how I deal with stress.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Along that stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

SlipStream Soul

*Blueeyes is in her room, bent over a Chemistry textbook when Jtree comes in.*
Jtree: Dude..this sucks.
Bluey: Dude..I know.
*Both of them start bawling like babies*
*There is a knock at the door...*
Bluey: *sniff, sniff* Who is it?
Edge: It is I..THE EDGE!
Jtree: EDGE!!??
Edge: Yes, I am here to help you with your school work. Now what have you got here?
Jtree: I have two political science papers to do!
*Bono bursts in*
Bono: Did I hear politics?
Jtree: Bono! Thank GOD!
*Larry...now in a dominatrix outfit cracks his whip..he has a German accent for some reason*
Larry: GET TO VERK!!! Ve haf vays to make you verk!
*Jtree and Bono, frightened by dominatrix Larry scamper to Bluey's computer and start typing not one but two papers of sheer brilliance...as brilliant as Bono's crotch*
Edge: Now, Bluey what did you have here?
Bluey: Well I have a little chemistry to figure out...
*Adam flounces in the room, in a little french maid outfit with a feather duster.*
Adam: Hello, I am Adam and I will be cleaning for you tonight so you can study.
Jtree: Little skirt...*DROOL*
Larry: Girlie man OUT OF ROOM! *Cracks Whip* No more distraction!! ONLY VERK! *He tosses Adam out of the room and looks threateningly at Jtree, who types so fast smoke emerges from the keyboard*
Edge: What do you need to know about Chemistry Bluey?
Bluey: Well I need to get more familliar with the hybridization of orbitals...you know how they mix -
*Macphisto saunters into the room*
Macphisto: Easy darling, they mix like drinks!
Larry: No! Out of Room! Only VERK!
*Macphisto ignores Larry and rubs Bluey's shoulders*
Macphisto: You're so tense darling!
Bluey: *Unintelligeble happy sounds*
Edge: Umm, Macphisto, you are distracting her.
Macphisto: I'm helping! Look...*Macphisto takes the book* Hmmm, well. Actually, according the VSEPR theory, what you really need to remember is that while all electrons are mutually repulsive, lone pairs of electrons situated around an atom are even more repulsed by each other than they are by pairs of electrons that are shared between two atoms.
*Everyone stops. Everyone stares*
Macphisto: Oh come on! I'm not just a pretty face!
Edge: Okay...I'll go burn us something on the BBQ.
Bono: Perfect! That's one paper done JTree!
Jtree: It's so easy with you to talk at me!
Bono: Thanks
Jtree: Can the maid come back?
Bono: Later.
*Bono and Jtree finish her last essay in ten minutes and Macphisto teaches Bluey all about Chemistry while Adam and Edge cook and clean....Ahh yes, the only way to study!*

HOKEY DINA! VESPR theory! I remembe that! Good grief, that was 4 years ago! You have all those freaky configurations... on the different planes, etc. LOL - I do recall the Unforgettable Fire we had afterwards!
wink.gif

Wouldn't that be the life!

LMAO @ german Larry Von Mullen!!!

------------------
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world.
My girl, ignore their cold words.
The song of your heart's so true, the sai is a way for you.
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world my girl.

SlipStream Soul

*door shuts in Adam's face, confused and still carrying the vaccum he heads for the living room. He plops down on the couch next to Marina who is munching away at her popcorn while watching Farewell My Lovely*
Marina: *holding bag of popcorn to Adam* want some?
*grabs a handful and watches as anothers falls to the floor, shrugs*
Adam: Oh well I suppose that gives something to do, why aren't you doing HW?
Marina: Well I am see, I'm supposed to study the evolution of Film Noir by comparing Farewell My Lovely to Sea of Love
Adam: *finding the comparision rather silly* Do they have anything in common besides the word love in their titles?
Marina: Nope
Adam: So what are you writing about?
Marina: I have no idea that's why I'm watching the movie for the 500th time. *funny smell coming from kitchen* Is that smoke?
Adam: Oh no is Bono cooking again?
Marina: No but Edge said he was gonna burn us something on the BBQ *realizing what she just said both Marina and Adam get up and rush to the kitchen spilling the popcorn all over the floor and knocking a lamp over with the vaccum cleaner they enter and find Edge in a cloud of smoke calmy over the BBQ flipping a black piece of meat that falls onto the grill hard as rock*
Edge: It's almost well done why don't you guys grab a plate?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

HA! LMAO!!! I haven't even finished reading the thread, but Dominatrix Larry has me rollin'!!! Ve hav vays...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Fishy <><

P.S. Bluey and J-Tree I feel your pain...why oh WHY did I ever sign up for 18 hours!!! I know the semester is almost through...but SHOOT me now!!!

P.P.S. Let's start a support group!
smile.gif

------------------

tonight the moon is a mirrorball
light flickers from across the hall
who'll catch the star when it falls...

Girley Man...OUT OF THE ROOM!!! Poor Adam...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You guys are KILLING me!!!

Fishy <><

------------------

tonight the moon is a mirrorball
light flickers from across the hall
who'll catch the star when it falls...

Jen(hope it's OK to call you that
smile.gif
)

Believe me, I wanted to drop out of college SO MANY times-it's just a natural thing that I think everyone goes through.

I transferred to a different school my junior year, which made it even tougher, but I loved the school and everything worked out.

And from what I can tell about you just from this forum, you are a hard-working, ambitious, kick-a**chick
wink.gif
,and, though you're going through a rough patch now, DON'T GIVE UP. I'd be so disappointed in myself right now if I had never finished college. And even if you took a break for a while, it's tough to go back.

Well, I hope I helped a little-writing this while sick and exhausted. Try putting on 'Beautiful Day' on full volume-it helps me!
smile.gif

*Things are progressing very nicely in Bluey's room. Jtree and Bono are proofreading the essays, and Macphisto is just wrapping up the chemistry section*
Bono: Ahhh, yeah. There's another comma splice for ya, we'll just make that two sentances.
Jtree: Thanks Bono
Larry: NO comma splicing!!! ONLY VERK!
Bono: This is work you freak.
Larry: *Cracks the whip at Bono* Little man no talk back.
Bono: What are you, a caveman dominatrix?
Larry: *Cracks Whips again* VERK you vermin! VERK!
Macphisto: ...and that's what we call the lattice energy.
Bluey: Wow...I had no idea you were so smart!
Macphisto: I know...*Gazing into mirror* Hard to believe someone can be so pretty and so freakishly brilliant isn't it?
*The Fly bursts in the room, all smoke and leather. He is holding a biology text*
The Fly: Hey babies...It's biology time.
Macphisto: We're not done here, come back later.
The Fly: *Throwing the chemistry book off the bed* You're done.
Macphisto: What in the world do you know about biology anyway?
The Fly: *Sneering and walking up to Macphisto like they are in some sort of cheesy western* I know more than you...you *Struggles to create an insult* Big ... shiney...idiot!
Macphisto: *Glaring* How does nondisjunction result in a diploid gamete?
The Fly: *Adjusting his shades* Well, a diploid gamete would be produced if the nondisjunction affected all of the chromosomes during one of the meiotic divisions, baby. *Mac and The Fly look like they are going to come to blows over this, they both roll up their sleeves*
Macphisto: Hack.
The Fly: Big shiney idiot.
*Larry can take the tension no longer, he snaps and puts a traffic cone on his head and dances around singing "Whip It" by Devo and cracking the whip in the appropriate places*
Larry: Ven a problem comes along....you must Vip it!!! Vip it! Into shape! Shape it up! Get it straight..Vip it! VIP IT GOOD!
*Bono rises and takes Larry out of the room*
Bono: Someone needs alone time Larry...
Larry: Girlie man...HANDS OFF LARRY!
Bluey: *Separates The Fly and Mac* HEY! Guys! Save it for MPS. Mac, you go make sure Edge doesn't burn my house down. Fly can help me with biology.
*Mac reluctantly lets Fly go and leaves, glaring at him. The Fly smiles at Bluey*
Bluey: So what are we studying?
The Fly: *Nudging her towards the bed* Sexual reproduction baby!
Macphisto: *From outside the door* I HEARD THAT!
The Fly: *Rolls his eyes* Fine, we'll stick to the text...for now sugar. Speaking of which...sugar is in what form in plants?
Bluey: Glucose?
The Fly: Sure.
Jtree: Hey guys, I'm gonna go find the maid now that my papers are done.
Bluey: Okay, see ya!
*Jtree opens the door to leave and Larry can be heard, still singing "Whip It"*
Larry: Vip it! VIP IT GOOD!
Macphisto: If you don't shut up I'm going to...*Larry is heard screaming and running*
Bono: Oh for the love of GOD!

BONO: *strut* What need have you for studying biology, dear? I am the most exceptional speciman of human biology that the world has ever--

EDGE: We could....have.....like....a.....um.....study date....or.....something....*bluuuuuusssshhhh*

ADAM: Feck school. You want out? Streak, baby, streak. Man....

LARRY: Do you think the other guys would really notice if I quit the band? Wankers. What a bunch of wankers. I'll just set up a cardboard version of me, and--

BONO: You know that fellow Sting? Good chap. Good friend of mine. Wrote a song once about a teacher and his student....big scandal, that song. Makes school seem a lot better if it's scandalous.

BLUEY: Um....what?

BONO: Allow me. *puts on tie*

MONA: HOO-AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faint*

BONO: Young teacher the subject of... Hm....don't stand so....don't you wanna dance upon me....no....every breath you--.....

LARRY: I'm tearing up my shirt when--

BONO: No, no....feck it all to heck. just like the old man in that book by Nabokov....don't stand so......I don't remember the rest....well, let me tell you about Third World Debt instead. You see, every day--

LARRY: Wanker.

ADAM: Do you know why Sting does yoga so much? It's because it helps him--

EDGE: *premature bluuuuush*

ADAM: *looks at Edge* They have medicines that can help you with that kind of thing, Edge.

EDGE: *feels dirty*

MACPHISTO: *ahem* *crrrooooon*
Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the French I took

But I do that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonomitry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for

But I do know one and one is two
And if this one could be with you

Now I don't claim, to be an A-student
But I'm trying to be
For maybe by being an A-student, baby
I could win your love for me

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the French I took

But I do that I love you
And I know that if you love me too

BONO: Wanna learn about MY biology?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimp Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

*lol* I'm studying here and turned on my desk lamp...just had an awesome idea...imagine having a desk lamp in the shape of macphisto (the light part is in the crotch area)

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
*lol* I'm studying here and turned on my desk lamp...just had an awesome idea...imagine having a desk lamp in the shape of macphisto (the light part is in the crotch area)
<---snorted cake up her brain

omg!!!!! *merchandise* to add to my collection of Bon Jovi toothbrushes...

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

Hey Bluey... you're accountability partner is checking in...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
How are you doing? The weekend is almost here!

everything's gonna be alright one day at a time

------------------
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world.
My girl, ignore their cold words.
The song of your heart's so true, the sai is a way for you.
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world, my girl.

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 11-22-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom