I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristie said:

both!

so, I talked him today and he broke up with me

then he called me back about an hour later and said he loves me and wants to work things out... except I'd cancelled my (nonrefundable) flight (that he paid for) to Dallas already.
So he's trying to find me another one... I figure, if nothing else, I can spend a little while in nice warm Texas at his expense and kick him in the balls personally.

oh man :( Wait...are we sad about this or... Either way :hug: Boys :madwife:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

oh man :( Wait...are we sad about this or... Either way :hug: Boys :madwife:

yes, we are
I am in Dallas now. It is 80 degrees and I am enjoying it.
I still haven't decided if I'm going to leave for good at the end of the week or not, 'cause I'm still really mad.
Plus during my few hours as a single gal I got to thinking, Dave always says he's going to go to grad school and get his PhD and be a professor and he wants to win the nobel prize and blah-de-blah, and while he claims otherwise, I'm pretty sure he's not in to compromising anything. While I might not mind working around it for a while, I really think I might be miserable after a while if I have to give in on everything. I love Dave but he's had his life planned out for the last ten years and it doesn't seem like he wants to make room in it for me.

but we'll see... we've agreed to have a nice few days and discuss where to go from here at the end of the week.

:(

Kristie :hug: You are brilliant and promising in your own right!

I must say my week has improved. Monday I took a comm. theory exam that I prepared really well for and it was a breeze. This morning I made up the human resource management exam I missed Thursday and although I probably wasn't as thorough as I could've been (it was essays), the essays on the test were on the things I'd studied best. My social psych Prof didn't care that I turned in the semester project descriptive statement late, my interim credit course presentation went OK, and no new homework has been assigned, which means I'm free of assigned school work until March 27!

Ellen, a word of warning, my aunt and uncle are going to DC in April and keep asking where you live b/c they think they'd like to take you out for lunch. :lol: Also, my mom is starting to go hog crazy over this wedding thing so I think you should be the Mistress of Ceremonies because you don't drive me insane and then you can wear your pretty black dress :D And did you know Audrey is pregnant? I should really go on AIM or MSN sometime....

I just remembered there's a Cadburry egg in my spot for hiding candy and cookies that Maximus hasn't found yet :hyper:

It's 2am...I have to get up at 7am....but I think I deserve a Cadburry egg.

awww youse guys are nice :hug:

I was in DC the other... week.
For like half an hour.
So, basically I just hiked to the capitol building and said "hmm!" and took a picture and hiked back.

Ellen, a word of warning, my aunt and uncle are going to DC in April and keep asking where you live b/c they think they'd like to take you out for lunch. :lol: Also, my mom is starting to go hog crazy over this wedding thing so I think you should be the Mistress of Ceremonies because you don't drive me insane and then you can wear your pretty black dress :D And did you know Audrey is pregnant? I should really go on AIM or MSN sometime....

1. Ha, if your aunt and uncle just showed up here I'd be all "what?"
2. See, this is why I told you I'd plan it. :D Does this mean the bridal party is 3?
3. Yes, and due June 13, and married.
4. Yes you should.

Also, Kristie, I live like 3 blocks from the Capitol!

And I'm tired.

I totally forgot you were in DC or I'd have said something
though my train was delayed for an hour and a half, so I was only there for half an hour instead of 2 hours... so.. um.. yeah.

I have returned to Connecticut. Dave and I are still together I suppose. I guess the plan for me to move down there after I get my master's has been nixed, because he still can't get his shit straight. So, I told him if he can't make up his damn mind than he no longer gets exclusive rights to me. I doubt I'll be dating anyone else 'cause A) no man has shown interest in me ever that wasn't named "Dave" and B) totally not ready for that.

/update

so, how about them.. uh.. oh, I was in NYC for like an hour today! It was just like in the movies! Everything was crowded and kind of dirty and people were rude and there were lots of lights and the public toilet was totally disgusting.

Kristie said:

so, how about them.. uh.. oh, I was in NYC for like an hour today! It was just like in the movies! Everything was crowded and kind of dirty and people were rude and there were lots of lights and the public toilet was totally disgusting.

In the one day I spent up north (Boston), I found that people were definitely more "intense/aggressive" than people in Florida :shifty:.

My sister did her internship on Long Island at a school for the deaf/blind, and for a field trip they went to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. It was rainy and freezing, and the thing she remembers most is lots of people yelling at the deaf kids to "put your damn umbrellas down." :huh:.

Liv, I like Kevin Spacey when he does impressions :lol:.

kellyahern said:

Liv, I like Kevin Spacey when he does impressions :lol:.

I randomly have watched two Kevin Spacey movies in a row on TV. He kinda looks like a cross between Pop Bono and contemporary Russell Crowe...:hmm:

Speaking of impressions, did you guys watch the Andrew Denton interview? Some of Bono's answers kinda pissed me off, but the impressions of all those politicians was worth it! :lol:

PS. Ellen, do you know where the screen to the kitchen window is? I can't find it anywhere and Max figured out how to pry the window open and escape. :rolleyes:

I like kevin spacey!
I forgot to say.

I bought some totally fabulous shoes today.

Though I don't know if you can say something is fabulous if it came from wal-mart.

but they're made less fabulous by the fact that I can't wear them because it's 34 degrees outside

but you know what's awesome?
they gave us arms in osteology today!
I'm still not sure why, but we all had to sign out a set of arm bones (and a shoulder blade and a collarbone) to take home. Unfortunately, the plastic kind, not real bones, but it's still awesome.
We have to bring them back on April 3 and then we get a leg.
*waves around my humerus*

We were sad we didn't get a whole skeleton, because that has so much fun potential.
Like storing a skull in the communal freezer. Or bathtub. HEHEHE

Two more weeks and I'll be here! http://meyerre.vdsys.com/book/house.html?Num=185&Type=House#

I'm so pumped! The stupid realty company rented our usual place out from under us even though we've rolled over a deposit for the past ten years. Instead, we get a bigger place with twice as many bathrooms for the cost we pay for the smaller house. The Egret :drool: It's pretty crappily decorated, but probably b/c hurricane Ivan destroyed their properties and then two subsequent hurricanes destroyed them again, so everyone gets ugly furniture from now on.

yay bones and vacation rentals!

And more good news (for me at least): I got my official acceptance letter for Boston College today!!!! :D

So unless Notre Dame offers to pay me a heck of a lot to go to school, it's Boston in August for me! :hyper:

Now, anyone know of cheaper apartments? :huh:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I still think you should go to Notre Dame, though. :wink:

my professor at Purdue who taught my field school and I worked in the lab under and gave me a job?
She teaches at Notre Dame now.
She was only at Purdue for a year and I'm really curious what happened... I mean, Notre Dame has to be a step up 'cause Purdue had horrible archaeology facilities, but I'm nosy. NOSY.

kellyahern said:
Plus, Notre Dame has the best college fight song :yes: :up: :wink:

YEAH IT DOES

oh, and it's a lot cheaper to live in south bend than in Boston.
And when I say "a lot" it means "the cost of living is almost half as much and I'm totally not kidding about that because I just looked it up to make sure"

Anyone else listen to those Interference remixes posted in EYKIW? I never liked the song Vertigo much, but after listening to that I have the urge to listen to the original 100 times to cleanse my mind! :laugh:

OK, grading the "About Me" powerpoint assignment for the freshmen makes this stupid job worth it. So far this semester I've got someone who...

-was institutionalized

-has written two novels

-had season tickets to the White Sox last season (won world series)

-would like me to know that "When the Boogeyman goes to sleep everynight he checks his closet for Chuck Norris."

-is on our Videogame Advisory Board (<~ so THAT'S where all of our mandatory student activities charges went)

-was on a "quill and scroll" committee in high school (?????)

-is engaged to her pre-school sweetheart :huh:

-had a graduating class of 12 people

-likes wrestling alligators and can write with her feet

-did ballet for 8 years (a guy)

- says "Hyde park in London is named after my great great someone or other on my mom’s side"

-listed their German exchange student under "Pets"

OK, grading the "About Me" powerpoint assignment for the freshmen makes this stupid job worth it. So far this semester I've got someone who...

-was institutionalized

-has written two novels

-had season tickets to the White Sox last season (won world series)

-would like me to know that "When the Boogeyman goes to sleep everynight he checks his closet for Chuck Norris."

-is on our Videogame Advisory Board (<~ so THAT'S where all of our mandatory student activities charges went)

-was on a "quill and scroll" committee in high school (?????)

-is engaged to her pre-school sweetheart :huh:

-had a graduating class of 12 people

-likes wrestling alligators and can write with her feet

-did ballet for 8 years (a guy)

- says "Hyde park in London is named after my great great someone or other on my mom’s side"

-listed their German exchange student under "Pets"

:lol:

A few years back I had an ESL student ask me what "side sex" was. She meant psychic.

:lol: side sex

:drool:

:shifty:

I was in the middle of some mad police action today!
"in the middle" meaning "about 30 feet away sitting in my car"
So I was coming back from wal-mart and singing along happily to my prince song while waiting for the light to change, and I notice there's a cop car stopped in the lane coming the other way. So then the cops jump out of the cop car and whip out their guns and open the door of the fancy SUV about two cars in front of me, and pull the driver out and throw him on the ground in the middle of the street!
and I said "OH MY!"
and then all these cop cars come zipping in from all directions
and then the cops proceed to stand around and not do much except for the two that had the guy smashed up against the car
and then I got to go somewhere because the guy behind the fancy SUV realized he could go around it... though if it were me I'd have sat there and watched for awhile too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom