I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
:drool:

Florida was lovely, see journal, only had the car get messed up twice :D Phil spent a lot of time with a guy in Fort Myers and a guy in Naples, at their Ys, and both seemed interested in him, so hopefully no one else as cool as Phil applies before the deadlines. I don't really know what jobs to look for because I feel like my degree is pretty worthless.... :huh:

Kristie, when my boss decides he loves me and needs to give me a bonus and an extra week of vacation, can I come stay with you?
f

sure!

meaning maybe. we're not allowed to bring friends here but since I know you pretty well maybe Grant would let you stay here. He charges $10 a day.
if not, hotels are probably pretty cheap here.

Crap Kim, I got your PM too late and then Phil's phone got messed up and wouldn't let us call people. :( Someday though!

so I'm going to Boston tomorrow (the city to which I am planning to move)
and I am going with a friend who was supposed to be my roommate
so I planned to look at a number of different 2 bedroom apartments

said friend calls me tonight (mind you, we're leaving tomorrow morning to fly to Boston) and tells me that she's reconsidering graduate school because she doesn't think she can afford it

:mad: which means that now looking at two bedrooms is pointless

and the whole purpose for the trip is kind of shot. I hope I can salvage this apartment hunt somehow... I guess I'll be calling the places when I get there and checking on studio availability

grrr... it'll be a fun trip to Boston, but I wish she had told me this before I spent my entire week calling real estate places and setting up appointments for us.

[/rant]

I've learned that when it comes to housing, trust no one unless you've got it in writing.

That's really shitty of her to do, especially since it's not like you were going to drive around your neighborhood, you've got to fly all the way to Boston.

I just had the opposite happen - I had a house I've been in for two years. I'm lying on the beach on Estero Island, like 2000 miles away, and get a call that "we" are moving, effective that night. All my stuff is currently locked in a padlocked garage I don't have a key for. My cats are driving my mom nuts. Last night, Beckham took a hamburger patty off the kitchen counter. At least I'm saving $250 in rent.

Kristie said:
boy
that sucks
*not good at consoling*
but it really does suck

in tiny island news: rats in the other bedroom.

RATS? :|

You did say you were camping, but seriously... :ohmy:

Thanks for commiserating with me on the apartment thing... I think it will work out after all, but I'm still upset that she left that announcement for the LAST MINUTE. ah well...

I'm determined to have a great time in Boston! :D

hippy said:

Thanks for commiserating with me on the apartment thing... I think it will work out after all, but I'm still upset that she left that announcement for the LAST MINUTE. ah well...

Yeah, how immature. Once Ellen and I had a friend who was going to move in with us when she got back at the end of the summer. So the last day of exams, she drops me off at my parent's house and as she's pulling away from the crub, she goes "oh, yeah, and I probably won't be living with you guys next year because I found somewhere else." :banghead: She could've just said so earlier and I would've have plenty of time to find a replacement, but noooooooo, such immature non-confrontational people will put it off till literally the last minute. I guess the only consolation is, why would you want to live with someone who is unreliable and dishonest anyway?

:hug:

hippy said:

RATS? :|

You did say you were camping, but seriously... :ohmy:

hehe
um
yeah
I guess it happens in a house that's as open as this one
we came back from going out last night and Peter sees a lizard in their bedroom, so we get flashlights to look for it because it seems he's a wuss about critters in his bedroom
we never did find the lizard but we did find a big ole rat
sooo then there was all sorts of drama because Peter freaks out, Erica freaks out (she sleeps in there too) and so we have to take everything out of the room to look for critters at 1am...
never found the rat, either
but did find a hole in the window
so we think it got in/out that way and patched it up.

hahaha

thanks, twin :hug:

I think I lost this round anyway... :)

Did you know that my Dad and his wife just got back from a Caribbean cruise? I don't think they were very near the tiny island you're on... but I thought of you when they were showing me the pics :)

hippy said:
hahaha

thanks, twin :hug:

I think I lost this round anyway... :)

Did you know that my Dad and his wife just got back from a Caribbean cruise? I don't think they were very near the tiny island you're on... but I thought of you when they were showing me the pics :)

I have LOTS of pictures
I might show you guys a few later

you know what cruise does come here?
the scientologists
they have their little cruise ship and they come here and the statians are like "what's up with you, mon?"

greenpeace is here at the moment.

I found the job I want. Full time, veterinary clinic, Estero, Florida. I'm going to cry if they don't call me back.

hippy said:

No way. What's it called?

*crosses fingers for you*

Florida Veterinary Referral Center. It's an emergency animal hospital and referral clinic. They advertised everything from front desk receptionist, to assistant, to vet tech, any of which I'd like to do. $10/hr minimum (up to $25 depending on the position), which I can handle as long as Phil gets a full time job.

come take away our dog
a dog followed us home last night and is now living in our back yard... she's super sweet, but we don't need a dog
and then katherine gave her roast beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom