I still haven't found out why...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madzia

The Fly
...edgie-wedgie-poo-poo looks so pissed of in this video...

Is it because Bono keeps spitting into his ear while singin' ? Or is it because Adam didn't share his beer with him?

Any suggestions? This question keeps returning to me from time to time since 80's... please help...

------------------
Under pressure, but not bent out of shape

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching

I've noticed that too. I think it is because Bono was singing in Edge's ear. Wouldn't YOU be mad if that happened to YOU?
smile.gif

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

Originally posted by Lilly:
I've noticed that too. I think it is because Bono was singing in Edge's ear. Wouldn't YOU be mad if that happened to YOU?
smile.gif

*drool*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I thought he was just deliberately playing the straight man to Bono's goofy man, not that he was pissed. I wondered if that video was where Edge got his reputation for not being a talker.

Originally posted by madzia:

Is it because Bono keeps spitting into his ear while singin'? Or is it because Adam didn't share his beer with him?

Both: Adam snuck off with his cigarrettes and alcohol, leaving poor Edge to bear the brunt of Bono's exuberant expectorating. .or at least that's my reading of it
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Both: Adam snuck off with his cigarrettes and alcohol, leaving poor Edge to bear the brunt of Bono's exuberant expectorating. .or at least that's my reading of it
tongue.gif

LMAO!!! Expectorating!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

good question...i kind of thought the same thing (edgie was pissed), but now it looks like he was just being himself....shy, quiet, allowing Bono to bask in the glory.

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade

Maybe cause Bono gets to hug and dance all the ladies, but Edge is playing his guitar and doesn't have a free hand....

Maybe he isn't the shy, bashful Edge we assumed him to be...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Hehe...my theory is that Edge wanted to play in traffic with Adam and Larry who got to play around in the video...poor Edgie had to stand by Bono while Larry and Adam got to play in traffic
frown.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I thought he was just deliberately playing the straight man to Bono's goofy man, not that he was pissed.

I agree. I always thought that Edge was concentrating real hard to keep from laughing his arse off whenever Bono started singing in his ear.

I wondered if that video was where Edge got his reputation for not being a talker.

I remember last year at the Grammies how Jon Stewart was like "Wow! The Edge talked! I can't believe this! He's still going on backstage, they can't shut him up now!" LMAO

------------------
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

Originally posted by Lilly:
smile.gif

Erm ... not really.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

LMAO...you know i've noticed that too in the vid and if you play close attention when Bono is singing some part and Edge is playing the guitar behind him he shoots him the finger lmao...it's funny...

It's about time Edge talked
biggrin.gif
He's funny...who would have thought that he would be on TV seen by millions talking about an orgasmatron??? LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

*Carries picture of Larry in her wallet* (Sad but true)

clarityat3am: Buy our booooos Discobooooos!
MG: Edge can really get his groove on. Look at him go!

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:

It's about time Edge talked
biggrin.gif
He's funny...who would have thought that he would be on TV seen by millions talking about an orgasmatron??? LOL
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the stupid wuestion, but last year during the Grammy's my friend kept switching the channels to Temptation Island, and I missed this comment!! What did he say?? What the hell is an orgasmatron???

I think Edge is trying to give the impression that he's still "waiting around" because he "Still hasn't found...." etc. etc. I love it though, the way he
rolleyes.gif
at Bono!!
biggrin.gif

Either that or he's probably just p.o'd cuz he lost a couple'a bucks in the slots!!

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

LMAO AWWWWWW you missed the orgasmatron speech...well if I can remember correctly he was like:

...and we've had so many technological advances, now we have cell phones that you can throw away after using them and orgasmatraons!
Audience: *gasp* *laugh*
Bono:*softly* But he doesn't need one *mumbles* with all the kids he's got

LMAO I remember it...I couldn't stop laughing at the orgasmatron comment...it was so Un-Edge like lol

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

*Carries picture of Larry in her wallet* (Sad but true)

clarityat3am: Buy our booooos Discobooooos!
MG: Edge can really get his groove on. Look at him go!

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
LMAO AWWWWWW you missed the orgasmatron speech...well if I can remember correctly he was like:

...and we've had so many technological advances, now we have cell phones that you can throw away after using them and orgasmatraons!
Audience: *gasp* *laugh*
Bono:*softly* But he doesn't need one *mumbles* with all the kids he's got

LMAO I remember it...I couldn't stop laughing at the orgasmatron comment...it was so Un-Edge like lol

Okay!! Ha Ha!! Perhaps this is another stupid question, but what the hell is an orgasmatron???

And Bono shouldn't talk, he is married to Ali (Pex dispenser)!!!

Edges mood gets worse and worse as the video goes along. WHY? Cause Bono acts like a fool and teases poor Edge all the time. He should have taken his guitar and slapped it around Bono?s face
biggrin.gif

That?s what I?d done, anyway
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

My all mighty father had something to say about the part where Bono is singing in Edge's ear, "What, is he pretening to be a drill sargent now?" Oh my dad...(when they share a microphone to sing, he asks if they are checking each other's breath)

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Okay!! Ha Ha!! Perhaps this is another stupid question, but what the hell is an orgasmatron???

It's whatever you want it to be.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Back
Top Bottom