i seem to have the same problem as bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kleenex.jpg

sorry, just thought it might cheer yous up

:hug:

Last edited:
i nearly cried at the SYCMIOYO vid today.....its sooo sad :sad: especially the bit wen bono is lyin on his bed in his old house. The memories that mustve been brought bak to him during the making of that vid...

i'm slightly different (I think) - I do have this problem, but with me it's usually when I hear nasty stuff on the news (usually someone being raped). Now, I realise a lot of people are upset by that kind of shit, but I can never forget. I'm 26 now, 27 this month, and I still go into despair over nasty news reports I heard when I was 10 or so.

It's crippling me emotionally and has been for years... I therefore try to avoid hearing about such things, but then I get really angry with myself for not being able to face reality. I think I've got a real problem there. Just wondered if there's anyone else out there who's the same, as I haven't met anyone who understands or can relate to it?

Last edited:
Sally - I feel the same way about that, yes. I always end up crying my eyes out normally over upsetting or really emotional stuff that goes on! If it's some cruelty story about animals, or about child abuse or something i am so mad and upset. :sad:

It amazes me when you come across so many people who seem far too hard or harsh about everything. You do need to be tough to a certain extent, yes but i don't think it's good thing if we have all become so immune to the problems in the world! :eyebrow:

Although, the response to the Tsunami disaster does well to restore your faith in humans, doesn't it? :wink:

So, i can definitely understand your feelings on the subject, Sally :hug:

sallycinnamon78 said:
i'm slightly different (I think) - I do have this problem, but with me it's usually when I hear nasty stuff on the news (someone being raped, or something like that). Now, I
realise a lot of people are upset by that kind of shit, but I can never forget. I'm 26 now, 27 this m,onth, and I still go into despair over nasty news reports I heard when I was 12 or so. I think I've got a real problem there. Just wondered if there's anyone else out there who's the same, as I haven't met anyone who understands or can relate to it?

i'm 28 and just the same way, have been for years. i'll never forget the first time it happened--i was 14, and cnn was showing the awful, horrible pictures of the genocide going on in rwanda. i was so upset to see what humans are capable of... my mother told me to stop being so sensitive, it's not like it was happening here or anything. i may only have been 14, but i knew she wasn't right to be so dismissive and unconcerned.

oprah recently had a segment on the lives of women in the living hell known as congo, where entire villages of women are routinely attacked and raped, often in front of their families. watching that, i felt like i was being run over by a bus. i can't imagine what their lives must be like.

i don't think i'm over-emotional--my compassion and empathy compel me to act, to try to do something, anything, to try to make the world a better place.

you're not alone, sally. :hug:

Sally, you're not the only one. :hug:
When I hear cruel story about animals I always start to cry. :sad: (This is a problem because my mother is a vet)
Also when I'm watching the news and there is something on about abuse or something like that, I have always tears in my eyes.

A few years ago, there happened something near my school. A girl had to choose between being raped or abused, and my friends talked about it. After a few minutes they started to laugh and were making jokes and that kind of stuff. I was really shocked and couldn't laugh for a few hours.
After a few weeks they were forgotten this, but I can remember it like it happened yesterday. :(

I'm really glad that I found a few people who are like me. :hug:

Mucca said:
I always tear up during arguments...it really makes no sense to me.

You and me both. I hate conflict. I understand that it's part of the human condition but I don't have to like it.

That's utterly shocking, roelie! I just can't comprehend or believe that there are such sick people out there as to talk about other peoples' suffering in such a manner! Outrageous :(
Rape is the worst crime alongside child abuse, in my opinion.It's no laughing matter :silent:

Yeah, it's like they really didn't care what was happened to the girl. I think there were a two or three of my friends who said: OMG, she has a whole life in front of her and she is being remind of it every day. (I think the girl was 16 when it happened :sad:)
The rest was like, if it would happen to me I would ... They didn't talk about the girl anymore, only about 'if it was me then...'. :|

Back
Top Bottom