I saw Adam in Monaco-maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I originally posted this on Zootopia, but I decided to post it here, too.

Last summer(2002), my family and I went to Europe. Among other places, we stayed with a friend in Nice for a few days. One of those days, we decided to go to Monaco. So, we got of the train, and were walking around by the yachts, going towards the Grimaldi Palace, but closer to the train station. I was looking at something to my right when I noticed 3 or 4 men in black on motorcycles. They were only four of five(maybe less, maybe more) feet away from us.I didn't think anything of it until I saw one of their faces-it was Adam!I wasn't 100% sure, but before I could decide, they rode away. I never saw any of the other men's faces.

Does anyone know if Adam rides a motorcycle and if he was even in France/ Monaco in the middle/end of August? There were 2 or 3 other people with him. Was the rest of the band in France/Monaco at the same time? I think I saw one of the men's hair & he was blonde. I wonder...Larry? Any help on this would be great. I really want to know if it was Adam, or just an Adam look alike. If it was Adam, I'll never forgive myself for not looking at ayone else's face.

Last edited:
The band was DEFINITELY in France and Monaco last August! Bono and Ali, and I think Edge, spend time aboard Prince Albert's yacht and were reported to be partying in Monaco. There are pics with fans there. Bono and Ali celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary (Aug. 21) at the villa in the south of France owned by Bono and Edge. Edge and Morleigh were married in France last summer too! There are pics of all the band members attending, including Adam.

The Electrical Storm video was filmed there Aug. 20-21, and on the 22nd they left for the Corrs girls's wedding on whatever Spanish island that was (forgot the name, sorry) I think they returned to France and partied in France and Monaco until they went back to Ireland when the kids went back to school. Of course, Adam doesn't have any kids, so maybe he stayed longer.

Last edited:
Yes, they were all still there, school hadn't started yet! It probably was him! I'm so excited for you! Maybe you can go again next summer and run into them all! :hyper:

* Runs around house screaming with joy*

There were 3 or 4 people with him. I was probably a few feet away from the whole band, and didn't do anything about it until they rode away. *Curses my slow reaction* I thought he looked familiar, and the second they drove away, I was like"Adam!". Even if I didn't see anyone else's face, I was still really close to at least 1 member of the band, and that's closer then a lot of people have been

Back
Top Bottom