I need y'alls comfort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Whatever side of the political spectrum you fall on, all I ask from my fellow PLEBAns is comfort. My friends have been giving me hugs like crazy and it has made me feel better. I could use some from y'all too. I hurt so bad. :sad:

hey girl, some of us here in canada are feeling your pain, too. sorry your man didn't make it. next election should be all about the democrats, though! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
It is going to be okay
(this said from the girl who bawled through the concession speech)
2008 is looking pretty good right now......

ditto
i was heartbroken this morning when my dad told me
or yelled it at me and laughed
just like everybody else
except my grandpa, he was really cool
he called bush a sneaky fucker :lol:
:hug:
im with you on this one honey

Aw, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Believe me when I say, I've seen the very best of humanity and the very worst, but I've not yet had a day when I wasn't happy that I'd have another one. You'll be okay too, the sting will wear off. :)

:madspit: Bush.

I just hope that the next election there will be a more decent and respectable, and charming wouldn't hurt, democrat that is running for president. John Kerry's past kind of ruined his campaign.
Ah well, things won't change that much, that's some comfort. Hang in there for 4 more years.
:(

I hope you heard Kerry's speech, because there was a lot of good in it.

Here's something I always think of when someone I don't like wins an election for president or governer- I used to get really upset and depressed and think the world was over, but then I realized something- look out the window, the day after. The cars are going by like normal, people going to work. The stores are open, the coffee is brewing, the cash registers ringing, life goes on, just like always. The world didn't blow up, there are no tanks in the streets, nobody driving by shooting from the back of a truck or the window of a car (unless you live in the hood), no armies marching in the streets, nobody busting into your house, no one hauling you away. All through time, place, and history, a lot of terrible things have happened like that, but in America it always just changes hands, and nothing drastic really changes. The sun will come out, the rain will fall, the stars will shine, and life will go on, regardless of who sits in power over it all here.

U2Kitten said:
I hope you heard Kerry's speech, because there was a lot of good in it.

Here's something I always think of when someone I don't like wins an election for president or governer- I used to get really upset and depressed and think the world was over, but then I realized something- look out the window, the day after. The cars are going by like normal, people going to work. The stores are open, the coffee is brewing, the cash registers ringing, life goes on, just like always. The world didn't blow up, there are no tanks in the streets, nobody driving by shooting from the back of a truck or the window of a car (unless you live in the hood), no armies marching in the streets, nobody busting into your house, no one hauling you away. All through time, place, and history, a lot of terrible things have happened like that, but in America it always just changes hands, and nothing drastic really changes. The sun will come out, the rain will fall, the stars will shine, and life will go on, regardless of who sits in power over it all here.

Nice thoughts. I think of things similarly.

I feel your pain U2dem! I'm disappointed also, but it's not the end of politics, it's just the end of a part of history. We'll always have political races, and you're young, you haven't even voted in your first election yet. It'll go your way in the future, maybe in four years, and it will be very cool. It's something to look forward to. The thing to do is look to the future, the past is history.

Back
Top Bottom