I need some advice for a blind date!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
Well... not exactly blind. You see I met yesterday this guy by Yahoo messenger. He seemed nice so we chat for a while and he asks me for my pic. I ask him for his pic also, and well, I think he looks reaaaally nice. So then he asked me if we could go on a date. I said I would think about 'cos dates kinda scare the hell outta me. And besides, he lives on another city so maybe things wouldn't work out
rolleyes.gif

So my question is: Have any of you been on any dates with people who you've met by the internet?
Would you recommend me to accept the invitation?
Gosh! I'm such a nerdo.
Any words of wisdom? LOL
biggrin.gif

Ana, you only met him yesterday??????

(cynical Daisy pops in)

Maybe you should chat with him a bit more, get to know him better before you do this. Was the date his idea or yours?

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

He suggested it first. But, he said that we could go out to 'get to know eachother'. To first of all, try and build a friendship. I like that idea, but of course I have some... doubts about. He just met me by internet yesterday and actually if he knew me he'd try to run away, I scare people lol
tongue.gif

I agree with Daisy. Chat more before you meet up.
I know some people do find love on the net but I'm pretty sure they talked for longer than that.
Maybe i'm just a coward but I would not meet someone after just chatting to them once.
Good luck though
smile.gif

I totally agree with what Daisy said. You should get to know him a bit before you go on a date with him, and definatly get some idea of what kind of a guy he is, and if you can trust him.

If, and when you do decide to meet him, make sure that it is on neutral ground, and that you both take your own transportation. You don't want to be relying on some creep to get home.

Good Luck!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Ana wait a while...talk to him for a little while before you go out with him, especially after just talking one day...he could be some serial rapist or something *eek* and we don't want anything happening to you *hugs*

I dunno Ana, I'm still in cynical mode.

BE CAREFUL

It just sounds odd to me that he would want a date after only chatting with you once.

But hey you never know..... I still say chat with him some more before you meet in person, or bring a friend with you.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Back
Top Bottom