I need advice from veteran Pleba chicks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BittersweetGirl

The Fly
This post on EYKIW went <THUD> *runs back to Pleba* so here's my dilemma: I got 2 $85 seats to Baltimore from Ticketbastard this morning. Do I keep them, or stick them on Ebay in hopes of scraping together $300 for 2 GAs from an internet scalper? My friend Sarah was at the Paris show and she said people jump the barriers down into the GA section from the upper sections. Has anyone ever done this? gah!! What should I do?

I would not buy the ebay tix just yet. Go post something in What Do You Want and let people know you are looking.

My experience at the US shows was that it was difficult, if not impossible, to get down on the floor unless you had floor tickets, and if they catch you, they'll toss you out of the arena. I suspect with all that has happened, security will be extra tight.

You may be able to find tix from someone in here, and usually they will be at face.

Peace!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

You actually GOT tix?! Thou art my new archnemesis!!!!!! Curses upon curses upon you!!!!!!!

Eh.... I mean...congrats
smile.gif

Actually in June my brothers got to go on a fluke. I don't know WHERE they got tix from the day before the show. I have to see if they have the ins with anyone anymore.

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
You actually GOT tix?! Thou art my new archnemesis!!!!!! Curses upon curses upon you!!!!!!!

Eh.... I mean...congrats
smile.gif

Curses upon curses upon the woman in line in front of me who got GAs like 5 seconds before they sold out!!
Grrrr. Don't fret tho, we'll make it to the heart! I heard they release some more GAs the day of the show, so maybe that's where your brothers got them.

*does happy dance*
smile.gif
When is WHFS gonna be doing their ticket thing? O I just realized I'm not listening to HFS. Curses. I probably missed it.

------------------
~*Mona*~

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

I was lucky enough to snag 3 GA's for the Austin show...it was by the grace of God and alot of leg work,but mission accomplished!

You know, most venues have a habit of opening up more seats, in this case GA's on the day of the show. That is one option or you can play cat & mouse with the scalpers before the show, as time nears, they will want to make "some" kind of profit from tkts and some ppl will not pay exhorbitant amounts of cash, so they will have extra tkts. This of course is riskier, but I guarantee with demand so high for tkts, there will be scalpers with tkts on hand the day of each show.

And of course, you have tkt brokers, unfortunately promoters do give them an allotment of seats to sell even before the public sale takes place, so they will have the seats (GA's) you want, but be prepared to spend the $$$. Here in San Antonio, some broker places are offering GA's for $250 with the price expected to go higher because of the incredible demand for tkts.

I hope the info was of some help. Good luck ladies!
smile.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

thanks sparky's girl! This is even more stressful than applying to college.
smile.gif

Ooh, HFS is giving away GAs? In June DC101 had a "U-tuesday" where they gave away tons of tix, so I bet they'll do that again. Good luck Mona!

Originally posted by BittersweetGirl:
thanks sparky's girl! This is even more stressful than applying to college.
smile.gif

Ooh, HFS is giving away GAs? In June DC101 had a "U-tuesday" where they gave away tons of tix, so I bet they'll do that again. Good luck Mona!

maybe It was DC101 and not HFS. Bleh I get confused. I know 98 rock is doing tix. I need to go check all their websites now!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~

Since you gave EYKIW all of 10 seconds to answer your question before running back to PLEBA, I shouldn't help you with this.
wink.gif

However, if you want my advice... do NOT sell those tickets - at least not yet.

Once everyone starts getting their tickets, including those from Propaganda, you'll see tons of people wanting to trade or sell. You might have to do some serious "wheelin'-and-a-dealin'" but having tickets in your hand gives you some bargaining power right away.

Since GA tickets are primo for this tour, you might wind up trading your tickets AND still having to pay a little extra for the swap. So set yourself a limit on what you are willing to do (swap, buy, etc.) and what you are willing to spend (nothing, $25, $100) to get GA's.

Then, check ALL the popular forums on Interference. Check eBay. Check Yahoo auctions. Check WIRE. Check other on-line U2 groups. Eventually, you might find what you seek.

If you don't have that type of time, you could see if TicketMaster or the box office at the venue has tickets available the day of the show. But be prepared to spend time in line. And keep in mind - the time you spend in line hoping to get GA's is time you are NOT spending in line to get a good spot in or around the heart! Plus, there's no guarantee that the Box Office or TicketMaster will have extra tickets.

In other words, do NOT sell your tickets until you have found yourself a pair of GA's. Only then sell your tickets (unless, of course, getting GA's meant a swap of your tickets). If you sell your tickets now, you might not get any GA's - then you can't go to the show at all!

If you do buy/trade for tickets, I HIGHLY recommend using PayPal and FedEx WITH insurance to protect your transaction. PLEASE be careful of the thieves out there.

As for "sneaking in" the heart - I wouldn't count on it. While DB9 (DiamondBruno) managed to leap on the stage, the overall security at the shows was rather tight. One needs writsbands and ticket stubs to get in the heart. There was a lot of security at the Boston show when I was in the heart. And now, due to the tragedies of Sept. 11th, I imagine that security will be at least double (especially at all U.S. events). Therefore, I doubt you'll be able to "jump barriers" to get in - most likely, if you try you'll be booted out of the venue. Just get your GA's and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom