I need a major shot of HAPPY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icelady

War Child
In the chest in my attic underneath all the dust
I'm digressing to an earlier time in my life....when I spent time and money in search of that special "U2" item.

Here's the story as it unfolds,

I searched, I found, I bought, I enjoyed. Those were the days when I could afford to be shall I say "frivolous". It was a great time back then.

Time passes, priorities grow, life changes. Marriage, kids, house, all things that are relevant and important....

Enter said person who is younger but shares same passion as you once did....you open your heart and share your treasures...of course with the understanding that they would never leave the hands they were given to.

Time passes again and it is revealed that those treasures are no more...Gone....outta here.

Now I have nothing but my memories(which are grand)....Everything else off in a puff of smoke - things priceless are apparently only priceless only to the eyes of the beholder.

I need a shot of Happy please girls - you know what I need....

Thanks for listening
frown.gif

Well I'm no good you need the chicks but all I can say is you have to go out on a limb to get the fruit but there's no guarantee the fruit will always be sweet, don't keep reaching out for things there is sweetness there.In the meantime I send you a hug, hang in there
smile.gif

------------------
Stimulate with intent
sasmokin.gif

I know just what you mean! I never gave any away but many have disappeared and it's so sad! I am more into U2 now than I have been since the late 80's and I started digging for my old treasures and thought they'd still be around and it's sad to see how few I can find now. Alas, there are always the memories, and the hope of re-buying everything, at a much higher cost of course

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-30-2001).]

Here's something special just for you Icelady!
wink.gif
smile.gif

fV48434.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

as I can see not only my pitiful persona is in the 'wonderful' mood today...

let's all drink to this with our man and forget our troubles... after all it's the music that matters not the material things...

Rg99956.jpg

------------------
I want to play guitar very badly and I do play guitar very badly - Mr. B
anim.gif

time exists just on your wrist so don't panic...

[This message has been edited by madzia (edited 10-30-2001).]

"I'll wipe your tears away!"
ti13859.jpg

((((HUGS)))))
HQ92557.jpg

The 'force' of the old days will be with you....always.

Ahhhh...the good old days....
Nostalgia must be in the air ...last night I had an urge to dig out an old box full of U2 treasures ,circa mid to late 80s...mag. articles,zines (does anyone even remember these
wink.gif
)
So I sat down and hunted through all this stuff....even watched Live at Red Rocks !!!
I do look at that stuff about once a year or so ....I don't know, whenever .

I guess my point ....and I do have one, is my shot of happy is that I loved this band at 14,15,16 maybe in a different way than now.....they've changed ...for the better and I hope I have too,I've grown up...but the respect and admiration is still there.....that's AMAZING the FEELING is still there...and that's what's important ...the feeling, and that you'll never lose !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Awww thanks guys,

I see you read my threads and know the era that I love! At least someone reads them.

U2kitten,
You know just what I need. Makes me thankful that I joined this community not long ago. Just for that email me and I'll send you a tape of Hamilton, maybe Montreal too..from me to you...

thanks for the uplift.......I need more though....you know what was included in that group of treasures - an autographed Live Aid program book!!!!

Let it go....and so fade away.....
frown.gif

Originally posted by The Riddler:
get the fruit
Now I'm starvin.'

P.S. I hope things get better

"It's just a moment.
This time will pass"

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Kitten:

HQ92557.jpg

The 'force' of the old days will be with you....always.

WHO does that shoulder belong to and WHY can't I be her???????? ARGH!

I mean, feel better, Icelady!

Here's a funny Bono quote to make ya chuckle. "He looked like a negative of Michael Jackson"-- on Adam's Fro

SD

Back
Top Bottom