i need...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, I've never seen those pictures or heard that story before.

fans can be so uncontrollable sometimes.

the frightening thing for Bono must've been the fact that she opened the door and began molesting him. :yikes:
now I bet when they drive through/by a group of fans, they lock their doors :yes:

SimplyConfused said:

Gosforth. Nice place there. It goes good. Listening to Children of the Revolution, Bono style... I've been obsessed with this song since I knew it existed only a few days ago. :ohmy: I'm such a bad fan!! :wink:

ah Gosforth! cool! i know it.

and you only just discovered Children of the Revolution!!!?

such a sexy sounding song...........best line...."i drive a rolls royce...coz its good for ma voiiice"

mmmm :drool: :drool: :drool:

Galeongirl said:
btw did anybody notice... Bono.. is ... driving... here?
and there are others in that car too...
and nobody got hurt...
?

Maybe that was after the band came up with the rule that Bono could no longer drink any coffee........:mad:

thankyou said:

Maybe that was after the band came up with the rule that Bono could no longer drink any coffee........:mad:

Bono can't drink coffee...? And yeah, why IS Bono driving? Maybe it's only when they play the Monkees that it has a detrimental affect? Oh wait, something is coming to my mind...

"You're a very brave woman for getting in the car with me," Bono told an interviewer one day. Shortly thereafter, Bono realized that something was wrong. "Ohhhh," he casually remarked, "I'm on the wrong side of the street..."

On another occasion, Bono offered a ride to three young travellers. "He had absolutely no idea where he was going... He clutched the wheel desperately, careening through the city streets and running red lights, so that when he asked the girls were they near their place, they answered that this very spot right here would be perfect. And they made their escape - thrilled to have been in Bono's car - even though they were farther away from their hostel than when they'd started."

www.anecdotage.com

:lmao:

To quote a certain Irish rocker:" People say I'm hyperactive, but for me, the world looks in slow-motion!"
:D
yes in the early days Bono had a coffee ban! it made him far too hyperactive and unreliable...
but I have no idea where all the car stories come from... but the fcfact is he's way too quickly distracted, and that's why he'd be a bad driver...
I don't think Bono was frightened by the girl anywayz.... :wink:

BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?
LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!
EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.
ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.
BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes.

Drummer Larry Mullen Jr. takes the wheel.
'They never let Bono drive,' manager Paul McGuiness says with a snicker.
Clayton elaborates: 'We don't let Bono drive because he likes to fly.
And he doesn't really acknowledge corners.
Larry knows the rules of the road.'"
-USA Today 1992

:giggle: :giggle:

nikkyjade said:
BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?
LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!
EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.
ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.
BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes.

Drummer Larry Mullen Jr. takes the wheel.
'They never let Bono drive,' manager Paul McGuiness says with a snicker.
Clayton elaborates: 'We don't let Bono drive because he likes to fly.
And he doesn't really acknowledge corners.
Larry knows the rules of the road.'"
-USA Today 1992

:giggle: :giggle:
I have that as my fave quote on my messenger profile :lol:
and don't forget the part of Killing Bono... when B's on the phone with Ali while driving, with Neil next to him... he completely forgot about driving there too!

Galeongirl, is this the other picture you were referring to?

bono0169.jpg

Back
Top Bottom