I Met U2 - 14/09/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmaking

The Fly
I got there about 10am, i was on my own, a woman arrived an hour later and it was just me and her till they arrived.

i saw anton corbijn arrive, and he said hi to me. bless.

then saw joe (forget his last name cos im on such a high) from road crew. he said U2 would be arriving around 3pm. waaahhh excited!!

about half 2 who arrives first.. ADAM! omg he is such a charmer, he was so so nice.

he came over to us, signed my vinly and i asked if i could have a photo. he said of course lol yay!

went round the corner and had my photo taken, i also got a hug yay! he asked me where i was from and i was like err errr errr err bedfordshire, hour north of london. he has such a dirty grin! lol

adamabbey1.jpg

my mouth is a bit open on that pic cos the bugger kept asking me questions lol.

ok not so long after LARRY arrived.

he too came over. signed my vinyl, a few others arrived before he came and they had a few professional photos that they wanted signed...he was like i hope they arent going on ebay lmao. i then asked for a photo, and he said yes but ONLY me, to come round on my own. omg! lol. he got his driver to take the photo...i told him thanks and that i love the new hair cut hehehe.

larryabbeyrd1.jpg

i look like a twat but come on, i was with LARRY MULLEN JNR!!

about 15mins later rick rubin arrived (is that right?) i told him he better make this the best album yet and that im counting on him to do a good job lmao...he smiled and said of course.

next up...BONO!!!

omg, i love bono so so much, he is my hero.

he sat in the car for 5mins cos he was on the phone, but then he came out. by this time there were about a dozen people there, he couldnt do personal photographs which is a shame but i dont care. I MET BONO!

he also signed my vinyl.

and omg he stroked my hand lmao. as he was walking away i kinda shouted out, 'bono, you have made me dream come true', he turned and smiled at me then waved. he then stood on the steps outside the studios and was like at us, i waved at him and he saw so he waved back.

ok by this time i was all over the place. virtually in tears, i cant believe i met bono. its been a dream!

bonoabbey2.jpg

and lastly THE EDGE.

he came over and said hi, he signed my vinyl. he also couldnt stop to do photos cos he was running late.

edgeabbey2.jpg

edgeabbey1.jpg

I NEVER EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE EXPECTED TO MEET U2.

i am on cloud nine, and am still in shock. i am now a million times more obsessed with U2!

ROCK ON DUDE! I MET BONO TODAY!!! JUST WOW.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

i know to them its just another day at the office but still.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

aaaaaaaaaaaah!

thanks all.

that day will never be forgotton.

and i cant believe that i got a photo with larry, how mad is that!

im going bk there tomorrow.

ive always wanted a photo with bono, and a proper convo..hopefully tomorrow will be an even luckier day!

Thanks for sharing emmaking!! And welcome to interference!! :bow:

A pic with Larry:drool:

Good luck for tomorrow. You better come back and share the news with us. :hyper:

Habib, did you see Bono today in London or was it in the U.S.?

Nevermind - I read your other posts from today.

Last edited:
Emma, good luck today.

Meeting Bono and Adam last night was so so awsome!!! My sister managed to meet them in the morning as well!! :) :)

I am going back tonight to try and meet Edge and Larry and maybe get a pic with Bono!

Lisa

Wow, congrats :applaud: Great pics - you are very lucky!
I got a handshake on Sunday & a great pic of Bono with my daughter at the Edun event in L.A.. I don't think we'll be off cloud 9 for a while! :happy:

you got larry to pose with you for a pic? :ohmy: :shocked: do you know how rare that is?!!

SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you. never met the band, so i can but imagine your joy. it must have been a "beautiful day" for sure........ :dance:

thankyou said:
you got larry to pose with you for a pic? :ohmy: :shocked: do you know how rare that is?!!
And he's not even giving a death glare!

Actually... **stares** She's got her arm around him! :shocked: You can just barely see her fingers at the right side of his torso (his right, left side of the photo).

Now Emma, you must tell us, since you have touched the body of the Golden God Mullen himself, were his ribs sticking out, or has he actually put on a few pounds since we last saw him? I need to know :lol:

Fantastic pics!!!!! The photo of Larry is outstanding :combust: . He's half-smiling - which, in his case, REALLY means something! :drool: :giggle: You were able to get so close to all of the band!!! Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom