I Met Gavin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Well, kinda! You see what I mean...

The story goes like this:

Yesterday, I was waiting for my boyfriend outisde NUDE ( it's like a second home to me now because I spend loads of time there!) because that's where the company bus drops me ( how convenient! lol). So there I was, cursing my boyfriend for being later, when I turned around and who do I see again? NORMAN AND GAVIN! :ohmy:

They sat right next to me and my first thought was: Oh! There's Gavin and Norma. cool! But my second thought was: THAT'S GAVIN! THE MAN I LUST AFTER!

I got so nervous that I didn't know what to do!I was dying to talk to him but my stupid shyness kept me from even saying hi!

5 minutes later my boyfriend arrived and said: Hi Flavie! How are you?

Flavia: ahhh! That's Gavin! Gavin! Gavin!

Brian: What? Gavin who? What are you talking about?

Flavia: Gavin Friday!

Brian: cool! I have a pen and a piece of paper here. Let's go talk to him.

Flavia: No! I can't! I can't do it! I'm really nervous! He's gonna think i'm an eejjit! You go and talk to him! I'll wait for you in Grafton street! And then i ran away...literally! LOL

So Brian went over and said:

Brain: Hi Gavin. Sorry to bother you. My girlfriend, who's too shy to talk to you and is waiting just around the corner, is a big fan of yours. Would you mind giving me your autograph for her.

Gavin: Sure! What's her name?

Brain: Flavia, f-l-a-v-i-a. She's from Argentina

Gavin: Argentina, eh? And what are u doing with an Argentinian girl?

Brian: We met on the Internet, it's a long story.

Gavin: So it's love, isn't it? *smile*

Brian: it is indeed

Gavin: Here you go. A big hello to your girlfriend then

OH MY GOD!!!!! I'm still shocked and kicking myself for being so feckin' shy! :banghead: But I promise I'll do better next time!

And I think it's a natural progression: first I ran into Norman ( 4 times!), then Gavin...so the next one has to be Hewson jnr! :D

338547%3A723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D529%3D%3A46%3D3232529955667nu0mrj

LOL! When I read the beginning of your post.. when you said you were waiting outside NUDE.. I thought you meant naked! :lmao: :crack:

I was about to write you an email when I read this! You lucky thing! Next time you see Gavin you have to tell him something, will you do it for me? :angel:

You are lucky, lucky, lucky! I wish I had been there yesterday with you!

:wave:

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

WOW!!!!! See, I'm like I could meet bono and be all calm and stuff but if I saw Gavin I'd RUN THE OTHER WAY TOO!!!! Lmao. I'm such a huge fan of his! Odd, isn't it?

CONGRATS! What a great story. Tell your boyfriend to ask Gavin for one for me too okay? I'm NEVER getting to Ireland. Lol.

That's amazing, FRAME IT!

:love:

*JEALOUS* :faint:

SERIOUSLY I'm NOT getting any air right now! Tell more about it!! O_O Or log in on AIM!!! O_O I want to hear more about that all!!!

:ohmy:

:hyper:

oooh that's soooooo cool! Yay!! The shyness thing reminds me of when we were at the studios and Brian was going 'just go and press the buzzer and ask if they're in there' and we're going 'noooooo we can't do that - that's far too embarassing'. Brian just kept going 'go on - just press the buzzer. Go on! Go on! Go on!'

but we never did press the buzzer did we, Flavia...........:lol:

Yay for kinda meeting Gavin!!!

Lu

Very cool Flavia...and I can totally relate with being too shy to speak.

I met Daniel Lanois this past Thursday night and stood there looking like this :shocked: the entire time.

He asked me how I liked the show and I said something like "uuuuuhhhhhmmm." :eek:

:ohmy: That is so awesome! I can join the "too shy" club too, haha. I met Evan and Jaron (I dunno if anyone knows them... they were kinda big a few years ago, they sang Crazy For This Girl) 2 years ago and I seriously could not find my voice. They were trying to talk to me and I was just grinning like an eejit :laugh:

But wow that is so cool that you saw Gavin! ;)

:D That's so cool! I would have run the other way too...I have for less famous people (I saw Maeve Binchy, the writer, in Dalky and my friend will probably never stop making fun of me) so I understand!

bammo2 said:
:hyper:

oooh that's soooooo cool! Yay!! The shyness thing reminds me of when we were at the studios and Brian was going 'just go and press the buzzer and ask if they're in there' and we're going 'noooooo we can't do that - that's far too embarassing'. Brian just kept going 'go on - just press the buzzer. Go on! Go on! Go on!'

but we never did press the buzzer did we, Flavia...........:lol:

Yay for kinda meeting Gavin!!!

Lu

Oh no we didn't...:| Well, next time we'll have a few drinks to gather some courage and then we'll press the buzzer..or chase Gavin and Bono down the street....:lol:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Oh no we didn't...:| Well, next time we'll have a few drinks to gather some courage and then we'll press the buzzer..or chase Gavin and Bono down the street....:lol:

The sad thing is, that I'd already had a few drinks when we went to the studios. Hence me having to go and ask the guys in the car workshop next door if I could use their manky toilet.

They were very amused. :|

I wasn't :|

wow congradulations. But you should of went up and said hi. Thats really cool that your boyfriend went over to him thou. Im glad you got his autograph what a nice memory.

Back
Top Bottom