I Met Bono Yesterday!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
:bono::love::happy:

My Dad and I went to the Apostolic Faith Church in Chicago at around noon. I knew Bono's lecture was a private function, and I wouldn't be able to listen to his lecture, but I was hoping to be able to talk to him for a bit. I wasn't out to get an autograph or anything, I really just wanted to see him. All of the local media stations were at the church, mostly blocking my view of any of the activities. After I was interviewed by Art Norman from NBC 5 news Chicago, they told us Bono, Chris Tucker, Ashley Judd and Agnes (an HIV-infected woman)would be coming out. They all did about a minute later.

To make a long story short, as Bono was leaving my Dad called his name and he looked at me. I told him I had a gift for him and handed him an Elvis Christmas ornament and a Christmas card. (Inside the card I thanked him for everything his music has given us, and also for giving his time up for such a good cause). He seemed very surprised I had thought to give him anything, and proceeded to talk to me about the Elvis special that was broadcast on ABC on Thanksgiving. I shook his hand, and that was it. He said something along the lines of "I'll wear this badge proudly." I didn't think he realized it was a Christmas tree ornament. :cute: :lmao:

He looked nice and warm despite the fridged weather in his long leather coat, green army cap (with the yellow star on the back), black sweater and white shirt with the collar sticking out of the sweater. :love:

I posted some pictures on my webpage...you can see them here.

http://www.freewebs.com/edgette/meetingbono.htm

Thanks,
J
:)

Edgette said:

"I'll wear this badge proudly." I didn't think he realized it was a Christmas tree ornament. :cute: :lmao:

BWAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!
:laugh: :lol: :lmao:
BEBECITO BONO!!!!!!!!!!:cute::hug:
BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!
NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

edited because I forgot to say........
THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ACTUALLY MET THE MAN!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yay!

Congrats! Very kewl pics - love that smirk on his face with your gift :laugh: Hoping to have an encounter myself this Saturday - wish me luck :)

About Elvis?

Well, he looked at the ornament and said "Oh! Elvis!" and he seemed very excited to get it. He then asked me if I watched the special that they did on Elvis, I said I did and told him he did a great job. He then turned to IL senator Dick Durbin and explained the Elvis special to him. That was all he said really. That and the badge thing. :lol:

:)

I hope you get to meet him on Sat. Bonosloveslave.

:bono: :drool:

hehe

J

congrats!

isn't it unreal meeting him in person? it's like...a man we've loved and respected so much for so long is standing in front of us...and now he's no longer a cd or a picture, but he's a person...

nope...still hasn't sunk in...

Back
Top Bottom