I met Bono, Adam, and Edge last year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delphine

The Fly
My dreams came true last May when my friend and I went to Dublin and waited out in front of U2's studio and met the band. Adam was the first one out. He is so cool and down to earth. Then, the Edge came out. He is very nice as well, but much more reserved. I think he is shy. Adam came right over to us like he wasn't a famous rock star. I have to admit, Adam is the most down to earth in the group. The, the Big B man...Bono came out! He was very sexy and very gorgeous in person. He had reddish hair and he is not very tall. Anyways, he was friendly and I took a pic with him and he signed an autograph and we chatted a bit. Meeting Bono was a milestone in my life. He is my idol and I absolutely think he is the best performer and front man and lyricist and rock star in the world. What I wouldn't do to be Ali for just one night. The man is just SEXY!!!!! Bono was very cool and very nice to all the fans and he signed as many autographs and pics as possible. I have to figure out how to add my pics of my meeting the band. As soon as I do, I will post them.

Meeting the band...especially Bono, was absolutely incredible!!!

What can I say...my dreams have come true!!!!!!!

That's awesome! And I agree Bono is the greatest rock star in the world! Bono needs his platform shoes to be the same height as the rest of the band!:wink:

Delphine said:
My dreams came true last May when my friend and I went to Dublin and waited out in front of U2's studio and met the band. Adam was the first one out. He is so cool and down to earth.

:yes: He's super nice!, but did they have any tickets?? :D

Meeting Bono and the boys

No, they did not have any tickets! I wish they did. The whole ticket thing sucks! Wish me luck. I live in Massachusetts and I am going to try again tomorrow to get some GA tickets as they are going on sale to the public tomorrow. I refuse to pay $165 for sucky seats that were on sale for the pre-sale!

What a joke that pre-sale was. I hope they rectify the situation.

Thanks, Delphine, for sharing your wonderful story with all of us.:wink:

Hopefully it will bring us all back to the reality of WHY we are U2 fans and followers - because these four men are simply the BEST!

Whether in their music or in the time that they give us to meet and greet them, U2 ARE AT THE TOP when it comes to giving us their all.

We should show them our gratitude by showing them our loyalty in the tough times. :yes:

Can't wait to see your pics.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Another great fan meeting&you are spot on there Jamila - we should stick with the greatest live band ever! They are so worth it! I cannot wait to see them again as i was lucky enough to get tickets, YAY! :D Lucky me, i know! :yes:

Pic of me and Bono and the band

Hey Guys,

How can I put my pics on this post like other people have? I
can't figure it out.....and I am pretty computer savvy!

Thanks for all the great comments.

P.S. I knew that Adam, Edge, Larry and Bono would do something about the pre-ticket fiasco.

How could those beautiful Irishmen let us down?

I still love U2!!!!!!!!:yes:

Hmm, I know how to post a pic off the internet. Guess if you can upload the pics to some photo hosting site, then you could, by right clicking, selecting properties, then copy and paste the website address listed.

[img___insert web address__[/img]

Delphine said:
...and he is not very tall.

:laugh:

congrats on meeting them!
I would love to meet Edge and Adam - although, I suspect that if I met Edge, i'd be so overcome with adorableness that words would fail me ;)

Can't wait to see the pictures :D

Pics of me meeting the band

Hey Guys!

I think the easiest way for people to see the pics is to reply with their emails and I will send you the pics of me, Adam, Edge, and Bono and super close up of Bono to the email address! How does that sound?

Bono also autographed a picutre I have...the one of him smoking, sipping champagne and lounging naked in the bath tub. I think that is every girl's favorite picture of him! drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

When I handed it to him, he asked if I blew it up and I replied, "No, it was from a U2 calendar, but every woman who comes into my apartment and sees this pic on the wall has very sexual things to say about you!' :tongue: :love: :kiss:

He blushed and had the biggest smile on his face! He loved it! He is definitely a ladies man! :love: :kiss:

I love Bono....wish I were Ali! I wouldn't mind having his shoes under my bed!!!!! :):tongue:

Hey beau2ifulday!

You would be fine if you met the Edge because he is so shy, quiet and reserved that I think he would be more nervous than you. He is awesome, like a little leprechaun. The tallest one is Adam. I did not meet Larry because Larry doesn't like people and he doesn't like to deal with all the hype and fan, etc. Oh well. Don't care about him anyway....I wanted to meet Bono the most, then the Edge, then Adam! The Edge is so sweet and yes, he is adorable! Next time they are in the studio making an album, go to Dublin and wait outside the studio. They will always come out and meet their fans!

Not to be rude or mean or anything (and because Bono is my main man) .... he is WAY taller than Delphine in these photos .. appearing much taller than Adam and Edge .... how can it be????

How tall Bono is

Well, I am 5'3" and Bono is 5'8" and I think I was wearing platforms heels when I met Edge and Adam and I was wearing flat shoes when I met Bono...I week later.

Does that help? Adam seemed to be the tallest one.

You met him the Friday before he went to Monaco didnt you? We arrived on the Monday and met Adam twice Bono and Edge just the same!!

I never realised there was another town called HULL!!

Nice pics!!:wink:

Meeting Bono and the boys

Yes...:) Very good. Did I meet you too, Bono's tart? Yes, Hull Massachusetts in the USA is named after the village in the UK because it is a small town near the ocean....I heard ours is nicer though from my English friends....no offense. :)

Back
Top Bottom