I met Adam in November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chideki

Babyface
Hi everyone, I'm new here...thought I would share my story of when I met Adam in LA in November. He was sweet, polite, soft-spoken, and spent a lot of time signing autographs. We hung around at the gate after the show, just hoping to catch a glimpse of the guys as they left. Bono, Edge and Larry all drove off without so much as a wave, but Adam's driver stopped the car at security and Adam got out and walked over to where we are all standing. There were somewhere between 50-100 people there, and he walked all the way up and down the street, signing things and chatting a bit. I got pushed towards the back of the crowd at the rail, but my friend got both her Vertigo shirt and my Pop CD insert signed! She handed him her shirt to sign, and as he was signing it she said "Can you please sign my friend's CD too? She's right behind me and she'll kill me!" He chuckled and signed it, and I said "Thank you, thank you SO much!" He looked up at me and smiled. One woman got a hug and a few people got kisses on the cheek (lucky ladies!) We got a few good, close pics of him signing things:

Vertigo-LA-11-2-05-089.jpg

Vertigo-LA-11-2-05-093.jpg

Vertigo-LA-11-2-05-098.jpg

Congrats! And thanks for sharing your story and pics!
He looks yummie as always! :drool:

locomosquito said:
oh dear. He's so gorgeous! Lucky you. How good does it feel to have Adam smile at you? :D

Oh, I completely melted. *g* He has such a genuine smile!

Thanks for sharing, I have really enjoyed watching Adam this tour as he really is a Silver Fox! His maturity is so sexy as is his bass playing. It's nice to see him out and about with fans also.

:wink:

That's cool that you got pictures and got to meet him! We waited around that night too, and I was just amazed at how positively rude some of the fans there were. The pushing around of people when he moved down the line, and shoving stuff in his face to sign was embarrassing.

I doubt I will do that "after the show" thing again because even though it was great to see Adam up close like that (he has such a zen like quality), it wasn't worth it to me to see U2 fans act so rude. Especially in front of a band member. UGH!

But, of course, for every wanker there there were some cool fans as well and it sounds like he was great to you guys. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

Back
Top Bottom