I?m back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
Hi, I finally got back from Slane last night.

What a day!
What a concert!
What a band!
What a bassplayer!
biggrin.gif

Girls, words cannot describe what I felt during the gig. It was my first u2 concert ever (although I?ve been a fan for 14 odd years). You know, sometimes you imagine how things are going to be and most of the times you get dissapointed because things did not turn out the way you hoped.

But not this time. It was way better, that I ever could imagine. Everything just turned out the way I imagined. We managed to get into the pit section around the heart (the area around the catwalk - you got special wristbands for that) and I was in the second line right in front of my baby!!! Girls, the way he moved his hips (*faints) - the way he smiled (*faints again). I still can?t believe it. I guess I need some time to realize what really happened. I took some pics and if they turn out alright I?ll post them here.

Slane was amazing. Imagine 80.000 people having a great time. As far as I know there were no major incidents regarding drugs or violence. It was a celebration!!!!

The show itself was mindblowing. The band was playing as they never played before. Just one day after Bob Hewsons funeral, the show was very emotional. Needless to say that everybody was crying during Kite. We could see Bono?s tears running down his cheeks during NYD.

Anyway, I could go on and on but I won?t. Guess you all read the reviews on the main page.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

ohhh Hi AM!
I didn't even see this! oops!!

hey, no, please go on! I want to hear all about it from another Plebian!! and of course, fellow Sparky adorer! What did he wear? Did you get to make eye contact?
biggrin.gif

------------------
We move through miracle days

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG MASSIVE MUDDALOVIN HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

SWEETIE!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

SO GLAD u had a great time, now tell maddie all about Dublin at some point, did u explore? Buy? Drink????

biggrin.gif

oh, Im sooooooooooooooooooooo pleased u met others and had a wicked, WICKED time at the gig!!!!! Wow, some weather for yas eh????

THE BEST GIG EVER NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this Sats, will prob be even more emotional!!!!!!!

welcome home honey!!!!!!

Maddie, you should have been there. It was amazing. You would have enjoyed it so much!!! Try to get to Slane2, please, you have to see the show!!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Oh I cant sweetie, no more opportunities to buy two tickets, and would you believe me mum said now, that after looking at security there and how well-planned it looked, she would've went! Too late honey........everywhere would be booked out anyway.........its over, my dream is over!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

LOL @ how I destroyed the shape of this thread!!!!!!!!!! Sorry AM!!!!

Yeah, that?s too sad, Maddie. Security was excellent. At one stage a guy was really bugging me, kicking me, pushing me, but security sorted it out straight away. And they provided us with water.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Welcome back AM! I hope you had a great trip! It was so nice to meet you and thanks for the flag!
biggrin.gif

You lucky devil getting into the heart - we were about half way back and smashed for sure! But it was still great.

We'll have to do it again next time!
wink.gif

Peace!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Crzy, it was so nice to meet you, too
smile.gif
We have to exchange pics later on. I took a few and I think that whiteflag took some as well. Maybe we should have a Slane reunion
smile.gif

Yeah, we were really lucky to get into the pit. We started q-ing up for the busses at 7 and the first bus left Dublin at 8. And we were on it!!! We only saw Zooropamanda once, but she didn?t make it into the heart and she was only a few minutes behind us. Now I know that working out pays off. What a run!!!

------------------

It was my first u2 concert ever (although I?ve been a fan for 14 odd years).

That is so awesome!! It must have been a wonderful experience and perhaps a bit overwhelming at the same time!

I've only been to two shows in the 14 years I've been a fan and I treasure them dearly!!

smile.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 08-29-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom