i love my daddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoIsMyMuse said:
in Sarajevo:

sarajevo1fam.jpg

... and regarding thrillme's post:

I think there are a few more photos of the family (and the passport! :wink: ) in Sarajevo, in the "AP" photo archive, but I don't have access to that... :huh:

Perhaps Kelly has the pics ...or the access? :shifty: :sexywink:

very nice family, yes!

In Bono on Bono, it was so nice to read about him being interviewed while his kids were around

Soo sweet!:wink:

And, moreover, seeing Bono with kids in his arms is soo nice!!!:wink:

Gasp! His daughter is practically nude in one pic!
just kidding

He has really beautiful children, and he looks really pretective over them too.

At least not Michael Jackson protective though *shudder* blanket.

YEa, his kids love him, and he loves his old man.

Please clarify this with me:

Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam WERE Bob Hewson's coffin bearers right? And 2 others, of course. Saw a pic of the procession, wasn't sure.

After someone confirms this, I'll close this "Bob" subject. Thks

kellyahern said:

How far apart in age are there little boys? Love the little toe-head... how did that happen? (i was confused, so the hewson boys both have on the hawaii shorts, so who is the little boy pointing?)

would love to see larry's kids someday....

Last edited:
i_love_adam said:
YEa, his kids love him, and he loves his old man.

Please clarify this with me:

Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam WERE Bob Hewson's coffin bearers right? And 2 others, of course. Saw a pic of the procession, wasn't sure.

After someone confirms this, I'll close this "Bob" subject. Thks

I know Larry was one, he stood behind Bono. Bono's brother Norman was also one- he was opposite Bono at the front of the coffin.
As far as the others I have never seen a photo with Edge or Adam carrying the coffin. (Man I feel intrusive talking about this!)

youtwohearts said:
I had a dream last night that Bono was my father what kills me is I still couldn't get backstage to get close to him. :shrug: go figure.

LMAO

I had a dream the other night I was buddies with Oprah, and at a party she was holding- I kept looking for Bono of course- she lined me up with a doctor to do a boob job on me- her treat.

What kills me is I didn't think anything was wrong with my boobs, but apparently my sub conscious DOES!

longingforBono said:

I know Larry was one, he stood behind Bono. Bono's brother Norman was also one- he was opposite Bono at the front of the coffin.
As far as the others I have never seen a photo with Edge or Adam carrying the coffin. (Man I feel intrusive talking about this!)

According to the published photos I saw, and since I wasn't staking out the funeral, I never felt the least bit intrusive, Bono, Norman, Edge, Guggi, and Larry were Bob's pallbearers, and anecdotally, I think the sixth was Gavin. The sixth man always seemed to be half blocked by someone else in the photos I've seen, but people who would know have told me it was Gavin. You can tell by what little you can see in the photos that it isn't Adam, no matter what.

tbird said:
How far apart in age are there little boys? Love the little toe-head... how did that happen? (i was confused, so the hewson boys both have on the hawaii shorts, so who is the little boy pointing?)

would love to see larry's kids someday....

I think someone said that the boy in the non-Hawaii shorts is Mingus, son of Helena Christensen...

FEELINNUMB said:

According to the published photos I saw, and since I wasn't staking out the funeral, I never felt the least bit intrusive, Bono, Norman, Edge, Guggi, and Larry were Bob's pallbearers, and anecdotally, I think the sixth was Gavin. The sixth man always seemed to be half blocked by someone else in the photos I've seen, but people who would know have told me it was Gavin. You can tell by what little you can see in the photos that it isn't Adam, no matter what.

I bet you are right that Gavin and Guggi were also pallbearers. That was my guess but I never really looked at the pictures all that closely.

I just felt intrusive talking about it personally. My dad died not that long ago so I'm still kinda raw about that sorta stuff. I don't think anyone on here was intrusive- but the photographers certainly were. No one is posed for any photo I saw so they were being snapped with a lens from a distance- and at such a private family moment that seems strange and sad.

But everyone knows the paparazzi has no bounds or discretion. Just ask Princess Diana's family about that.:sad:

longingforBono said:

I bet you are right that Gavin and Guggi were also pallbearers. That was my guess but I never really looked at the pictures all that closely.

I just felt intrusive talking about it personally. My dad died not that long ago so I'm still kinda raw about that sorta stuff. I don't think anyone on here was intrusive- but the photographers certainly were. No one is posed for any photo I saw so they were being snapped with a lens from a distance- and at such a private family moment that seems strange and sad.

But everyone knows the paparazzi has no bounds or discretion. Just ask Princess Diana's family about that.:sad:

I'm so sorry about your father -- I lost mine 15 years ago, and it is one of those life things where you really don't know, and no one can tell you, just what it is like until it happens. So much of what Bono has had to say, I expected to hear, you know?

I didn't mean to sound like I was taking a shot at you -- where I come from, the only difference between life and death is the menu, so if you wouldn't do it at a funeral, you wouldn't do it elsewhere, and vice-versa, and I must admit that I get frustrated and annoyed by some PLEBAN definitions of privacy, which are hypocritical at best -- see Adam and Susie in their suits as an example of what I mean.

tbird said:
Love the little toe-head
Towhead. From the Middle English for flax-straw, which blond hair resembles.

:hmm: Then the other kids could be the big-toe heads, I guess...

yolland said:

Towhead. From the Middle English for flax-straw, which blond hair resembles.

:hmm: Then the other kids could be the big-toe heads, I guess...

Wow....I never knew that. Who would have thought Interference would be educational as well as entertaining

Merci! :)

FEELINNUMB said:

I'm so sorry about your father -- I lost mine 15 years ago, and it is one of those life things where you really don't know, and no one can tell you, just what it is like until it happens. So much of what Bono has had to say, I expected to hear, you know?

I didn't mean to sound like I was taking a shot at you -- where I come from, the only difference between life and death is the menu, so if you wouldn't do it at a funeral, you wouldn't do it elsewhere, and vice-versa, and I must admit that I get frustrated and annoyed by some PLEBAN definitions of privacy, which are hypocritical at best -- see Adam and Susie in their suits as an example of what I mean.

Oh no shot taken, no worries. I agree that the privacy area on here is a very cloudy area. I have wondered for a while now how we couldn't discuss the hotels they were supposedly staying at on the tour, but it's okay to basically give someone directions to how to get to one of their houses over in Ireland! I can bet the band members would be far more pissed to have someone camped out at their house, where their kids and wives are- who are not part of this and never asked to be- than to have someone camped outside a public hotel when they are here on tour working to see their fans and entertain them! That has baffled me from the first time I ever lurked on here.

And yeah, Adam and his friend on vacation in swimsuits was not for everyone to see. Or Bono's bare butt that time. Or talk of when someone's child is/was ill, or lots of other stuff. It's like some people think since they are fans they are entitled to know everything and see everything and that just isn't the case.

And yeah, Adam and his friend on vacation in swimsuits was not for everyone to see. Or Bono's bare butt that time. Or talk of when someone's child is/was ill, or lots of other stuff. It's like some people think since they are fans they are entitled to know everything and see everything and that just isn't the case.

:yes: I totally agree!!

Alienks, what a nice pic! Thanks!!!

Yeah, but who are those people?! It's not Ali in the back seat. The hat on Bono says it was within the last 5 years here, so the girls are too little to be Eve and Jordan, yet the one is holding on to the back of his shirt like she owns him or something.

Maybe his brother's wife and kids?:shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom