I knew there was something I had to do.....Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Kristie said:
I used altavista for the translating.

Though, the dialectizer is always fun :D

and Duluth is cold. I don't envy him.

He asked me today, "Well, would you go there for a U2 show?"

I said, "You're going to Deluth in February. I'm going to San Diego the end of March."

'nuff said :lol:

I remember translating Discotheque with The Swedish Chef translator :lol:

I'm such a nerd, I just submitted a bunch of news articles to Cold Case Files b/c they're always advertising that they need more stories to make shows about.

u2granny said:
I am, as of this moment, on medical leave because of my back until March 21. Why am I not happy?:|

:hug:

I hate being out sick from work, because I'm always paranoid about what's going on or what mess I will have to clean up when I come back :shifty:. I can't imagine being out for more than a month :yikes:

Oddly, I don't get paranoid when I'm on vacation :scratch: Except for the mess cleaning up part, which the anxiety usually only starts the day before I go back. Up until then, it's "screw you guys, I'm on vacation! :hyper: :dance:" :reject:

I hope you feel better u2granny :hug:

kellyahern said:

I hate being out sick from work, because I'm always paranoid about what's going on or what mess I will have to clean up when I come back :shifty:. I can't imagine being out for more than a month :yikes:

I'm not one those people who can sit back and relax either - I hate being unaware of what's going on and having to rely on others to keep me informed or keep things going :down:

U2granny, take care of yourself :hug:

kellyahern said:

Oddly, I don't get paranoid when I'm on vacation :scratch: Except for the mess cleaning up part, which the anxiety usually only starts the day before I go back. Up until then, it's "screw you guys, I'm on vacation! :hyper: :dance:" :reject:

I hope you feel better u2granny :hug:

There's a lot of state testing that needs to be done while I'm out. I can't wait to see what they do with that since they have not seen fit to have anyone else trained to give the tests.

You know what would cheer you up?

a donkey!

Bonaire%20Donkey.JPG

awww, donkey

I decided today that I'm sick of living in Florida and being ghostly pale. So I put HTDAAB in the Discman and sat outside for an hour. And now I'm all sunburnt. I can't win! :(

Probably because they're smart enough to choose the right SPF sunblock, whereas I, clearly, am not. :wink:

OK, I've got two desktop computers. They're both sucktastic pieces of shit (an eMachine vs. a Gateway, trust me folks ithe standards do NOT get any lower than this!). I've got to decide which to keep and which to sell.

Pros of the Gateway = it's small (weird looking one-piece deal like an iMac), has an LCD screen, a 20GB hard drive, and a DVD-ROM drive.

Cons of the Gateway = I may not be able to upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP (98 is OK, but I've got so much plug-and-play hardware I think I'd lose my mind installing EVERY driver).

Pros of the eMachine - it runs Windows XP just fine, the processor is every so slighter faster

Cons of the eMachine = it takes up more space, it has a 7 GB hard drive, it just has a CD-ROM drive

Do I take one giant technological leap backwards to Windows 98 so I can watch a DVD on an LCD screen with a shittastic graphics card or....stick with the eMachine and maybe attempt to swap the CD-ROM drive for the DVD-ROM drive?

ummm
well, can it only run windows '98 'cause of the processor?

and if so, could you put the processor from the eMachine into the Gateway?

if not, could you put whatever is better about the eMachine into the Gateway?

if you can't do THAT could you take the 20GB hard drive out of the gateway and have two hard drives in the eMachine while also switching the ROM drives?

...and I always liked windows '98, though that plug and play thing is awful handy.

[/my probably useless advice]

I think what I'll try first is throwing all the RAM in the Gateway and installing Windows 2000 (I really like the idea of a free LCD screen). If that doesn't work, I'll instead put the DVD-ROM drive and hard drive from the Gateway into the eMachine and deal with it's suckiness. The processors are 500Mhz and 598Mhz, both Celeron, so probably not worth switching.

EDIT: I guess the incompatibility w/ Windows XP is because of the BIOS.

hippy said:
hahahaa!

miss becky, if you could see me... Kristie can tell you... I'm pasty white!

Probably because I don't tan... I burn and go back to white.

Even 20 years of living in FL hasn't changed that! :D

By now the sunburn has started to turn into a tan, so that's nice. Even my sister who lives in Ohio has more color than I do!

kellyahern said:
speaking of pasty, there's a link in Lemonade Stand where you can build your own southpark character - I made one of me, and it turned out to be earily accurate :yikes:

I really am that pasty, plus it freeks me out how much it looks like me :reject:

That's where I got my new avatar.

Back
Top Bottom