I just talked to Bono on the Phone!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
Spinny!!!! Please keep us updated!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 03-20-2002).]

OoOooooOOOhhh...
eek.gif

Be sure be sure be sure to suck every living bit of U2ey information out of that Irish brain of his when he comes in, Spinny!!!

Hee...same age as ME too!
biggrin.gif

... Okay. It wasn't really Bono. But it was close. At work I have to call people for job interviews. I ask them a couple of questions about their training, education, salary educations, and I give them an overview of the company, benefits, etc. This morning I came in and found a pile of resumes on my desk. While sipping my morning tea, and enjoying my muffin I started reading them. One sparked my attention immediatly. This man grew up in Dublin Ireland, and revieved his high school diploma in 1978, and University degree in 1981. Which means that he is the exact same age as the boys!! They may have even been classmates. Sadly, when I called there was no answer, but he called back a moment ago, and his sexy Irish accent sounds just like Bono's, and he is a totally nice guy. He made me laugh while we were on the phone. He is even coming in on Tuesday for an interview......

I wonder how I can bring up what high school he went to in our breif talk while he is waiting for the supervisor to interview him.....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

WOW!!
Girl that is soo cool!!!
You have to do everything you need to do to know if this guy is related in any way to our boys!!!

I count on you, girl!
smile.gif

And you must tell us if this guy looks as sexy as Bono, or even better: Does he have a cute son ?
biggrin.gif

Topic: I just talked to Bono on the Phone!!!

LMAO!!! thats one way of catching everyones attention!!!
biggrin.gif

Hahaha!!!! That's great!!!! I wanna see what this guy looks like. Hey! Maybe he's in Mount Temple School Pic with Bono, Ali, and Edge!!! You could bust that out and ask him! Lol! Anyways... you have to tell us how it goes.
smile.gif

------------------
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

Wow that's is soooooooo kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K I have a story too...

There's this little Irish priest that goes to my grocery store...he is the most adorable old man you could see...he's so funny he always tells me.."ah it's the lass with the irish accent! Finally I get to hear one of my own" When I told him I was going to Dublin he got all excited he was like "oooooh that's wonderful dear!!! You'll have to go to the mountains and see what beautiful things Ireland has to offer" and i'm like "woooo of course!" anywho that's my story LOL

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

I wonder how I can bring up what high school he went to in our breif talk while he is waiting for the supervisor to interview him.....

What a great story. Pretend like you don't know the education system in Ireland and ask about it. Or maybe you can sneak it in while asking about his background.

Of course you could always go for the:

"Omigod, did you go to school with U2????"

Sure, you lose all credibility, but at least you were forthright
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

I have an idea. Today my hubby came and took me out for lunch, and he brought me a cd that he made me. U2 b-sides and compilations, volume 1. It was sitting on my desk for the entire afternoon, and people noticed it. I had colleauges ask me if I was a big fan, and even a client say "Oh, you like U2??". So on the day of the interview I will bring something huge with me. (like a cardboard bono?) Hopefully that will spark up a convo....

Guess what everyone?? I was a U2 license plate yesterday. It said 'u2-eire'. I tried to get the guys attention, but no luck. I of course was so excited!!! I am thinking of getting U2-KEL!! Do you think that I should?

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

Spinny go for it....

And the next time you see u2-eire, jump in front of his car to get his attention.

I have yet to see a U2-ey plate in person.

Now if only they could make ones big enough to say
"Acthung Baby" then I would get one.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Oh No Girls. The Bono man just called to cancel his appointment. Apparently he is suffering from heart problems
frown.gif
I feel awful, he is such a nice man, and I really hoped that we would hire him here.

Unfortunatly, I won't get to find out if he knows the boys now.....

------------------
***Spinny***

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Oh No Girls. The Bono man just called to cancel his appointment. Apparently he is suffering from heart problems
frown.gif
I feel awful, he is such a nice man, and I really hoped that we would hire him here.

Unfortunatly, I won't get to find out if he knows the boys now.....

oh no, that is awful. I hope his heart problems are not too serious. I am also sorry that you will not be able to hit him with U2 questions, which is probably a good thing considering his condition..*jk*

Can you say heart attack! Omg, Kel...you just really freaked me out with that....lol
Too bad he isn't coming in now.....if it wouldn't get you in trouble at work I'd say call him back anyway just to ask......perhaps he's a nice lad who's also a big fan.....eh....ya never know

Cheers,
Char

Back
Top Bottom