I Just Met Christy Turlington!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
I just came back from a book signing Christy Turlington did for her new yoga book (which is really very nicely done). She is so thin and pretty and looks very young, especially since her hair was in a ponytail. She wore a simple beige shift and of course, looked like a million dollars.

It went something like this:

(I walk up to the table where she's sitting).
Christy: Hi!
Diane: Hi, honey! How are you? (Honey? Yes, I tend to call people "honey," especially if they look younger than me. And she looked so young.)
Christy: I'm fine.
(Now's my chance to say something U2ey)
Diane: I've just got to ask you something...I saw in PEOPLE magazine that you were at Edge's wedding. Was it as beautiful as it looked.
Christy: It was lovely...it was beautiful.
(I take back the book. Christy is still smiling that camera-perfect smile...she doesn't look annoyed that I asked about Edge.)
Diane: Thank you, bye honey.
(I leave the store.)

Does meeting Christy Turlington mean that I'm now one degree of separation from Bono?!?!? :heart: :bono: :heart:

And speaking of the B-man...the woman waiting in front of me was telling her friends about how her son was in the Village and saw 5 supermodels get out of a jeep. Who else was in the jeep? You guessed it...King B. At which point of her story I said "NO!" like oh-God-someone-else-has-met-him-and-it-wasn't-me. These women all looked at me like I was insane, then the woman leaned in to her friends to tell the rest of the story so I wouldn't hear it. Whatta witch. But I did make out that her son told Bono that he should sing some song in concert; Bono thought about it and said "No, I've never sung that one," and said that he'd like to hear Joe Cocker do it. To which the witch's son (warlock?) said no, Bono should sing it. What song it was, I have no idea. Some people are so darned pretentious
:madspit:

Anyway, Christy seems really sweet, and I can see why Our Boys are besotted with her.

Last edited:
:happy: I would love to know someone who knows the members of U2 personally!

Well...We have some family friends in Chicago who know people who know the band...:wink:

I want to meet somebody famous! *lol* I've only met like 2 famous people in my life: Bart Starr and Charlie Welch.

You know Charlie Welch...the Pepperidge Farm guy...I got an autographed picture and everything...

Okay, you can all stop laughing at me...:p :D

Okay...back on topic...that's really cool that you met her! She seems like a really sweet person. :)

:hmm: I met Michaelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was nine! :lmao:

My old high school principal is Madonna's distant cousin!

James Earl Jones grew up about 10 miles away from me. They have his picture in with his class at the school (I think 1947). He was the class president, which I think is totally awesome because this was before the civil rights movement and there have never really been that many African-Americans around my home.

My mom saw David Schwimmer in a hotel in Las Vegas (he went to the Vegas Popmart, as did my mom! :happy: ).

wertsie said:
:hmm: I met Michaelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was nine! :lmao:

NO FOOKIN' WAY!!!!!
ME TOO!
I saw him at a birthday party!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

heh.....I laugh at myself:laugh:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

NO FOOKIN' WAY!!!!!
ME TOO!
I saw him at a birthday party!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

heh.....I laugh at myself:laugh:

:laugh: I was at Disney World...Waited in line for two hours to have my picture taken with him! I had such a crush on him!

Actually, the pic used to be my profile picture!

Bonochick said:
You know Charlie Welch...the Pepperidge Farm guy...I got an autographed picture and everything...

Lies: I wanna picture of the Pepperidge Farm guy!!!

Our gymnastics team met Mary Lou Retton last year...she's like 4'9", which looks really funny next to our team of tall dutch people. :p

wertsie said:

Wertsie, I really LOL'd at that!!!

I know someone who knew Ricky Martin as a kid (WOW, what a thrill :huh: ) I think that's as close as I've been of knowing a famous person. And my mom has always claimed she's a distant relative of Jose Ferrer, the actor. I have never seen proof of that though :lol:

Yeah, she seems to be a very nice girl! ( And she's gorgeous! :D )

If we don't count Bono LArry and Edge, I've met 2 famous people: Noel Gallagher ( he was pretty cool! I bumped into him and when I turned around to say sorry, he said: It's alright mate. Bye!) and Sugar Ray Leonard ( I did some interpreting for him at a boxing club) :D

Okay, I found it! Here we go, DUDE! :lmao:

jenmich.jpg

I once met Paul Newman.

He has a camp for terminally ill children a couple of towns over from where I grew up and we used to see him from time to time at the local store, and at the town's one fancy restuarant with his wife.

Rumor has it he rented a movie from said store in 1990 and has yet to return it :laugh:

Good for you Diane. I think the B-man will be next. :up:

LOL at how this thread went from Christy to Nija Turtles. :laugh:

Diane L said:
To which the witch's son (warlock?) said no,

:lmao: I just can't get past this...too funny!

Very cool meeting a celeb! I've met a few and seen a few but didn't talk to them.

I met and took pictures with Mark Consuelos (Mateo on All my Children). I sat at a slot machine next to Patricia Field (costume designer for Sex and the City) when I was in Vegas for U2 last year. I've seen up close Elvis Costello, Blair Underwood, Naomi Cambell, P Diddy, Janine Garafalo (I stalked her while she was walking her dogs in Venice Beach), Julia Louis Dreyfus and....NELL CARTER!

Congratulations on your encounter. She always struck me as a pretty cool chick.

Personally, aside from 3/4 of U2 (missing: Larry) I've served coffee to Jakob Dylan (grande soy latte), I've sold glasses to Willie Ames (that's right, Charles in Charge and 8 Is Enough...he purchased some very hip plastic frames), I ran into Dave Matthews at Starbucks last month (he was fairly stoned, and spoke with no intelligence whatsoever), I danced with Rivers Cuomo from Weezer at a No Doubt concert (he stepped on my sister's foot), I ran into Lifehouse and saw Jude Law outside U2's hotel in Chicago. I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom