i just got a tattoo with U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frenchie1970

The Fly
i did it. i didn't know who to share it with so i posted it here cuz i know some of you would understand. it's a frog holding an elevation suitcase. i'm soooo excited! no pics yet, maybe tomorrow - anybody want to see?

So, on what part of your anatomy does this tatoo appear, if that's not too forward a question? And why a frog??

it's on my calf. i figured that is where it would hurt least. a frog because i love frogs almost as much as i love u2. even when i was little i used to catch them (and toads) and keep them as pets. I have frog stuff in almost every room of my house.

i originally was just getting the suitcase then someone at work said "oh, you have to get a frog, there is nothing more you than a frog". To which others and myself replied "oh yes there is" so that is the story of the frog.

frenchie1970 said:
it's on my calf. i figured that is where it would hurt least. a frog because i love frogs almost as much as i love u2. even when i was little i used to catch them (and toads) and keep them as pets. I have frog stuff in almost every room of my house.

i originally was just getting the suitcase then someone at work said "oh, you have to get a frog, there is nothing more you than a frog". To which others and myself replied "oh yes there is" so that is the story of the frog.

Cool! My first pet, at age 4, was a toad I named Toadie :D. I love frogs and toads of all kinds. I don't have any right now though b/c the girls in the dorms think they're gross.

Yes, show us the tattoo! :happy:

*phobic of needles* :uhoh: I can't even watch when my doggie needs to have a needle put into his furry little body. :ohmy:

the girl i went with took the pics and I'll see her tonight. I'll post them tomorrow.

My pet frog when I was 6 or 7 was freddie, he snuck away behind the cement stairs in the garage. my family STILL talks about it (I'm 33!)

:ohmy: looking at the subject line i wrote makes it sound like i hang out with the boys and we all got tattoos together. :ohmy: I wish!

I want to get a U2 tattoo so bad but I don't know what I want or where I want to get it. :mad: My friend keeps talking about getting a tattoo of a scorpio with her birthdate. I told her I'll go with when she goes but now she's starting to change her mind. I should just go without her.

okay ladies (and gents?) Here is the photo. not the greatest, but all I have.

33%3A4859523232%7Ffp58%3Dwp%3E232%3A%3D%3C24%3D8%3B6%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C73%3A%3A8%3C2wp1lsi

let me know what you think:heart:

fah, it wasn't that bad - and i pretty much pass out at the site of a needle and a wiff of alcohol - i didn't even tell anyone until after i got it just in case i chickened out. now, i'm ready for another one :ohmy:

okay - here is a better picture. DJ is my son, so no they are not a man's initials:wink:
33%3A4873923232%7Ffp58%3Dwp%3E232%3A%3D%3C24%3D8%3B6%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C746%3C9%3C4wp1lsi

penny, not from Iowa, why do you ask?

arw9797 said:
I want to get a U2 tattoo so bad but I don't know what I want or where I want to get it. :mad: My friend keeps talking about getting a tattoo of a scorpio with her birthdate. I told her I'll go with when she goes but now she's starting to change her mind. I should just go without her.
You should get one on your birthday!! :D

frenchie1970 said:
okay - here is a better picture. DJ is my son, so no they are not a man's initials:wink:
33%3A4873923232%7Ffp58%3Dwp%3E232%3A%3D%3C24%3D8%3B6%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C746%3C9%3C4wp1lsi
:up: Cool! I love the colors.

There's something addictive about tattoos. As soon as I figure out what I want (and have some extra cash) I want a U2-ish one.

:hmm: Maybe on ARW's birthday...

:wink:

Schmeg said:

:up: Cool! I love the colors.

There's something addictive about tattoos. As soon as I figure out what I want (and have some extra cash) I want a U2-ish one.

:hmm: Maybe on ARW's birthday...

:wink:

:shifty:

that's only in a few weeks.....I better start thinking of what I want. The 3 of us should get the same thing :D

Anyone know of a good place to get a tattoo in Memphis? ;)

arw9797 said:

:shifty:

that's only in a few weeks.....I better start thinking of what I want. The 3 of us should get the same thing :D

Anyone know of a good place to get a tattoo in Memphis? ;)
:lol: That'll surprise Kariann when she comes back from Vegas..."So, by the way...we're all getting a tattoo in Memphis..."

But she could come back married to someone by an Elvis impersonator (appropriate!), so maybe that wouldn't be so shocking.

fah, my friend and I got there at 10:00 and we were out the door at 11:45. To give an idea of size, it is a finger's length from front leg to back leg. My friends was about the same. I had it done on calf figuring it wouldn't hurt so bad and it didn't.

If you all go in a few weeks, you better post pictures and you are right schmeg, i already have my second and third ones worked out in my head:ohmy:

arw - just do it, as long as you can live with a permanent marking, there's really nothing to it.

Back
Top Bottom