I have a question. this is kinda U2 related...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
If you were going to a local club in your hometown that had a live act that performed there on weekends, that so happend to have a guy that kinda looked like Larry performing, would you continue to patron the bar if they got rid of him because he according to the bar manager "was a threat to the club" and was replaced with a guy who was "Gay"?"

This is what is happening right now to my brother-in-laws band. They have a keyboardest who is just drop dead gorgeous who I think has some Larry qualities in him. I mean this guy has some serious man clevage, is blond and is just too hot! Apparently the bar manager and some male patrons are upset with this guy being on stage...the manager honestly thinks that if he were replaced by a gay guy that the guys in bar would feel less threatened. I think that is a load of crap and the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I am just curious what some of your opinions are on this?

Hmmm... sounds like Mr. Gorgeous stirs something in these guys that they're afraid of. Losers.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

May I ask why he is a threat? (Besides turning the other guys on, that is.)

------------------
God Bless America and my city, NYC!

Happy Birthday to my bedmate, Larry! Keep poppin them buttons!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

I like you sig, Foadie! Poppin them buttons

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Sweet sweet little Mona she always wants to come over" -butchered Ramones~

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, "Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?" ~Bruuuce!~

Heh, thanx because I just changed it! I thought it was kinda silly....lol

------------------

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

Originally posted by Foadie:
May I ask why he is a threat? (Besides turning the other guys on, that is.)

Apparently the male patrons are very threaten by him because of his looks. I guess all of the ladies that end up going to the bar are more interested in looking at him instead of the other men that are there...*HAHAHA*...I know when I saw him, I could not keep my eyes off of him...I think it is very funny and stupid that the bar manager does not want the band to play at the bar unless the band dumps him...Oh well...I just wanted to get some opinions, because when my sister told me this, I got very mad, because they have a female singer on stage who looks like Shania Twain and the bar manager does not have a problem with her...It is such a double standard...I told my sister that the reasons from this man were stupid and I threw out the whole U2 analogy that "It would be like telling U2 that they would have dump Larry because he is too goodlooking!" I also thought of that quote in Bill Flannagan's book "We should have gotten a Ringo." If you are going to dump a band member it should be based on talent and attitude, not because of looks...

Gosh I hate shallow people (darn it Larry-why to u have to be soooo sexy?) But if theres a cute drummer, girls have EVERY right to drool! Right gals?

------------------

Back
Top Bottom