I have a major problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger_luver64

Acrobat
:( I think I have a problem :(. Does anybody besides me think Edge is chunky? I dont know why I'm thinking this, cuz its just mean to think, but dang. :( :( :( :(
:scream: I FEEL TERRIBLE:scream:
Oh man I'm gonna go insane! Will sombody help with my problem?
Yell at me or somthin i dont know, just tell me I'm mean and rude if you dont think he is chunky.

Why would it be a problem for you if you find Edge chunky?

I don't get it. :der:

Oh...and I most certainly do not think he is chunky. Even if he was though, that wouldn't matter!

:heart: :edge: :heart:

Because, Edge isnt but he is in my opinion and there is somthin wrong if I think he is but he isnt. Oh man, i just confusd myself.
But it dont matter he is hott anyway.
What if Edge hasd a twin? Hmmmm dont know why I asked that.
Oh well.

The Edge has filled out a little; getting older will do that to you. Remember how thin he was back around 1980? He could've hidden behind a flagpole! :lol: But he's not what I'd call "chunky", nor do I think he ever will be.

Last edited:
Guys...lmao :lmao: Specialy by you tiny dancer! That is great.
But see I told 'yall I had a problem! And yea back in the 80s he could have hidden behind a flag pole! HA! Oh but he is so hott!

Edge might have put on a little weight, but IMO, he needed it anyway. He's always been a little on the thin side(to put it kindly)...I think it's nice to see him filled out some. Anyway, he couldn't look bad even if he tried. "Chunky" or not, I still love the man even more than the other three!

Along the same lines, Bono appears to have put on weight as well, while Larry actually seems to have lost some. Larry's face seens thinner anyway. Can't tell any difference in Adam-he still has an ass to die for!!:combust:

Chunky? No. More manly and muscular and sexy and cuddly than he was 20 years ago? Absolutely. :love: I honestly can't see what you mean by chunky. He continues to have a flat tummy and tiny little bottom. I think he is hotter now than he has ever been. I adore the little baby Edgelet, but he was so thin that I want to scoop him up and give him a good dinner. (And an even better "dessert." :sexywink: ) I adore him. ^_________^

HHHMMM........... I love Edge the way he is now too, but, I dont know, never seen him in the 80s, heck i was born in 1988. But i dont know! I'm goin insane! Im not sayin he is FAT at all, i dont know! I need help!

It's usually Bono that gets the fat comments :crazy: Me I don't think either one is and it's one of those things it's not nice to talk about. How would you like a thread with ppl online discussing if you were the wrong size? If you notice something about a person it's not polite to bring it up, well I don't think so:grumpy:

Leeloo said:
It's usually Bono that gets the fat comments :crazy: Me I don't think either one is and it's one of those things it's not nice to talk about. How would you like a thread with ppl online discussing if you were the wrong size? If you notice something about a person it's not polite to bring it up, well I don't think so:grumpy:

exactly. :up: but if you are going to say something along the lines of it, say it nicely at least

Leeloo said:

Agreed. :down:

Well, I dont stair at Bono as much. Never said Edge was fat either, just chunky, but I think I changed my mind about it, although, he isnt tiny you know. I told you all I had a problem :sad:!!!! And I need help!

tiger_luver64 said:
Well, I dont stair at Bono as much. Never said Edge was fat either, just chunky, but I think I changed my mind about it, although, he isnt tiny you know. I told you all I had a problem :sad:!!!! And I need help!

I am being sincere when I ask what exactly you would like us to do to help. We've discussed Edge and his body...his beautiful, gorgeous, manly, sexy, perfect body...and it seems that most of us agree that he is not the tiny skinny thing he once was, and that we are grateful for that. :yes:

But this doesn't seem to be what you wanted. It's okay if you prefer skinny little boys. You can admire whatever kind of body you like. You can even look at older pics and admrie baby Edge.

But if this is an issue of your own body image and self esteem, that's more serious. Do you want resources about eating disorders and body image? Help is available. :angel:

Well if you think Edge is chunky...well I've always found him to be a lean, fine boned, HOT guy oh yeah:drool: ! He's gunna be 43 this year, and how many 43 yo men do you know who are in such great shape, and look soooooo good, apart from Larry:drool: :larry: :edge: :heart: :love:

You know, I think resources would be good.
Another U2 nut, you're right, I'm so dumb. I should be thinking like that, geese. But chunky or not Edge is the most beautiful man, well, him and Roger Daltrey.
:sad:

Okay, had to stop and collect my thoughts for a moment cause someone mentioned Adam's ass :drool: and rational thought left me...but here's my serious answer:

I think the problem is that society, perpetuated by the media, the fashion industry, Hollywood etc has such a warped view of what normal body weight is that we lose perspective on what a HEALTHY body weight is. I was sickened awhile back when I happened to glimpse a fashion show on TV with Naomi Campbell in it. Naomi- who is not in any sense even the least bit fat and is imho very pretty- was heavier than most models. Perhaps the supermodels who have made a name for themselves aren't as compelled as the competing newbies to starve themselves to death. Some of these girls were scary emaciated- bums that looked like two tennis balls held up by little stick figure legs, ribcages visible in almost flat chested bikini tops. Its a sick society that worships such frightening forms over a healthier more natural frame.

As for Edge, I cannot see how he can be perceived as chunky so, while I know you are not trying to insult him, your perspective is indeed rather worrying. Are you worried because you don't think you have a healthy attitude toward eating/ body image etc?

:hug:

Well LCK, I think that is my problem, I think I am so fat! But I dont know. Edge is beautiful though, I dont know why I think he is chunky, and he isnt even chunky...:mad:!!!!!!!!!! Man I'm so stupid, I cant even............OH MAN!

tiger_luver64 said:
Well LCK, I think that is my problem, I think I am so fat! But I dont know. Edge is beautiful though, I dont know why I think he is chunky, and he isnt even chunky...:mad:!!!!!!!!!! Man I'm so stupid, I cant even............OH MAN!

Sweetie, I don't know you well enough to be of too much help, but distorted or unrealistic body images is a sign of an eating disorder or a potential one. I think your best bet would be your doctor. Ask him / her for an honest view of your weight and explain your fears to him/ her. If you *truly* are overweight he /she can help steer you in the direction of a healthy program that is right for you. If you are *not* overweight but see yourself that way, again he/she can point you in the right direction for help. Please do this. :hug: And let us know how you're doing.

LCK's giving you some Class A advice. Here's a place to start, AFTER you've talked to your doctor.

http://www.eating-disorders.com/

Do let us know how you are. This place is a warm and supportive community. There are honestly ppl here who will worry if you don't. LOL. Plebans :heart:

sd

Edgespet said:
Edge might have put on a little weight, but IMO, he needed it anyway. He's always been a little on the thin side(to put it kindly)...I think it's nice to see him filled out some. Anyway, he couldn't look bad even if he tried. "Chunky" or not, I still love the man even more than the other three!

Along the same lines, Bono appears to have put on weight as well, while Larry actually seems to have lost some. Larry's face seens thinner anyway. Can't tell any difference in Adam-he still has an ass to die for!!:combust:

After I re-read this, I realized that my comment about Bono gaining weight could easily be interpreted to mean that I thought he was getting fat...SORRY ABOUT THAT! That was definitely not what I meant...what I meant to say was that Bono,like Edge has filled out quite nicely...they're both much sexier now with "grown-up" bodies. I think the whole band has aged wonderfully...maybe Larry finally decided to share his magic potion with the others!:lol:

Well, I talked to my parents about seeing a dock, but they said that I dont need to. Because I'm not fat. They said I am "big boned." Does anybody think 138 pounds is overwieght, since I cant go see a dock or anybody about it. My brother says that I'm perfect wieght cause I'm 5ft 4in and 138 pounds. But I need to know if its the truth, if I am or not.

Back
Top Bottom