I hate Snapfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
:madspit: I've tried to upload pictures since last nite and it doesn't do anything. :rant: What else is there besides Snapfish because I've had it with them. I don't care if I have to pay a yearly fee to some other place.

I don't like posting attachments all the time because I know not everyone can see them. Plus a lot of the time if I post too many attachments in a row my Interference connection gets all funky and I have to close it and start over. Or even disconnect from the internet. It's just not a good time.

What does everyone else use?

Mods...I'm assuming this is the right place to post this because I'm trying to post pictures for pleba and I know someone in pleba would know the answer to this. :D

tip: in geocities is easier and if you change your image files of .jpg or .gif to .txt you will be able post your images without problems

is a little trick for who wishes put images and does not have host

I tell ya, get BOOMSPEED! You can get a free account but it's only 1MEG and they will shut you down if they catch you. If you don't mind paying, and even though I'd rather not it's worth it to be able to post, it's $6 per month. If you wait for them to cancel your free account they will offer you a deal of $2 per month for the first 3 months, then $6 afterward. Or you could just pay now and get on with uploading! 100MEG is about 3-4000 pics, and they don't shrink them! Once you've paid they don't bitch about bandwidth. Look how many I post! It's worth it for the ability to post, and after you've had the frustrations I have (and it looks like you have) it is a relief and well worth it! A few other girls here have a paid account too. The only negative is you don't get thumbnails, only a list of file names.

But, it's easier to post from boomspeed because you never have to really click on it, then highlight, copy and paste, if you can remember or keep a list of your file names. I usually just type mine in, which saves time with a slow computer! Every posting addy will be http://www.boomspeed.com/username/filename.jpg

I've been saying for awhile now, if you don't mind paying a little, this is the answer to your posting problem! :)

P.S.- Geocities will NOT post here. If you see it, it's in your browser, and everyone else will get a red x. So will you the next time you log in. Geocities has NEVER worked here. Neither will angelfire or tripod.

Ok I knew about Geocities because it's never worked when I've directly linked pics from sites that are geocities to here :shifty:

I thought there was something with Boomspeed that they were not taking new members? Or is it just they aren't taking new members for free accounts? I'll check into it.

arw9797 said:
Ok I knew about Geocities because it's never worked when I've directly linked pics from sites that are geocities to here :shifty:

yes, because are .jpg or .gif images, if you change them to .txt there are no problem

I've never had these problems with snapfish that you have, I'll have to go to my account and see if I have problems uploading pictures.

You should get Boomspeed, forget about getting a free account. First of all Idont know if they are taking free accounts, Second, on a free account you can only upload like 15 pictures, depending on size because free account users only have a limited amount of space and thirdly and most importantly Boomspeed does not allow free account users to link directly to other sites. I used to have a free account and I got busted for linking directly to this site of course and they disabled my account.

If you decided to sign up, and I dont mean the free account, Boomspeed charges $6 a month, you get billed every 3rd month so on the 3rd month you get an $18 bill and you get a HUGE amount of space to upload pictures, also most importantly you can post pictures anywhere. Boomspeed is also fast. Thats what I hated about Snapfish, was how slow it was.

So think about, go to the site and read about it and check out the message board.

Yeah, that no new members thing was only for free accounts and only at certain times. If you pay, they'll always take you! It really was like finally finding a home after wandering through the desert. 100MEG is just what we pic fanatics need, home for thousands of pics! I hope they never go out of business! Boomspeed:up:

A lot of girls have a lot of success with snapfish but it's just too slow for my computer.

Jack in the Box, have you ever tried to post a pic directly linked from a geocities site to here? I've been here 2 years and it has never worked. They do not allow linking to message boards. Again, you might see it, but it's only because your browser is open and everyone else only gets red X. :grumpy: A lot of people are convinced it posted, but it's just a phenomenon of the browser. Once you leave the site and return, you will also see a red x.:(

Ok thank you all. I'm going to check into the boomspeed account. Hopefully by next week's Freestyle thread I'll have a boomspeed account.

testing something...

lpop8.txt

never mind.....

arw, I finally understand what you've been complaining about. earlier today I tried to upload 4 pictures of Edge in LA onto Snapfish, just to see what would happen and only 1 picture uploaded. Snapfish suck:madspit:

So I have finally had it with snapfish for 1) it wont let me upload anymore photos, some edge fotos I tried to upload weeks ago are stuck in the upload tray and each time I try to upload them, the internet shuts off. 2) Snapfish erased some of my photos.

So I have some questions 1) How I cancel my snapfish collection and 2) which is the best FREE photo place to go(I cant afford to pay right now and there is no way I can ask my mom)?

thanks!!!

I'm so confused.....I'm very obssesive when it comes to organizing my photos. I have 5 Edge albums in chronological order and then "all U2" albums the same. I was so frustrated with not being able to upload all the pictures I wanted the other day that I tried to start a new album and I would just upload everything in one album and then split it all up. It didn't work.

I just went to look at something in snapfish and there's a new album with all of my pictures :confused: The pictures are also still in the uploading area but there's a new album with all of my pictures that wouldn't upload the other day. I wonder if they just go into the album you are trying to upload after a certain period of time. I don't get it. Well at least my pictures are there now.

Adamswildhoney, honey, if there was a good free service, we'd all rejoice. We've been though it all. A lot of services used to be good, and free, but stopped allowing linking to message boards. Webshots and dotphoto were some. Monkeyview taints your pics with ugly watermarks, then stops working. Yahoo will make your pic go red x after 24 hours. Free services like geocites don't post. So right now snapfish is the best option for those who can't pay and I'm sorry it's screwing up:( You can get a free boomspeed account but they will probably catch you and shut you down within a couple months. Village photo works but you can only upload 25 items, and you have to wait 10 minutes before they will show up in a post. It looks like we're either going to have to pay or get our own websites someday if we want to have a reliable pic source. :( There are still some websites that let you post here, like Olive's site, u2images, and http://u2now.cjb.net. Maybe you can find some of the pics you want to post there. If I ever get the money, and the ability, I am going to make a monstrous U2 pic website you will all be welcome to post from and even contribute to!

Arw, are you sticking with snapfish now or did you sign up with boomspeed? If you do, it won't start working for a few days. Don't do what I did! I thought my order didnt' take and signed up again, then again, and I ended up being billed triple for the same account! :scream: It took a couple months but I got ahold of them and they were nice about straightening it out. They credited the mistakes back and gave me a free month:)

U2Kitten said:

Arw, are you sticking with snapfish now or did you sign up with boomspeed? If you do, it won't start working for a few days. Don't do what I did! I thought my order didnt' take and signed up again, then again, and I ended up being billed triple for the same account! :scream: It took a couple months but I got ahold of them and they were nice about straightening it out. They credited the mistakes back and gave me a free month:)

I was able to upload 75 pictures last nite on snapfish. It was soooo sloooow but it worked. I think now that it worked I'm just going to keep snapfish for right now. I hate it and want something else. I'm moving in a few weeks, and by the sound of a message I just got on my answering machine, I think I'm going to be starting a new job soon, so I'm going to have to look into the boomspeed thing in mid July once I'm all settled in. I'm definitely going to do it because snapfish makes me :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom